Author Topic: Remove the grind and add fun.  (Read 4277 times)

Primevil657

• View Profile
Remove the grind and add fun.
on: February 19, 2019, 05:29:24 AM
The grind for new characters is ridiculously long, especially with the average 1500 per match on average going for a 108k character. That's absolutely ridiculous and this game will die down very quickly. Especially with new players either realizing a different game with better rewards like 5k per match or other people telling them the prices and suggesting a better game.

You guys also need to fix some occasions where players will win a match but get nothing but faction points. That's a huge slap in the face to put in all that effort and get nothing in return especially when theres an antagonist making your life hell. 

Grimm

• View Profile
Re: Remove the grind and add fun.
Reply #1 on: February 20, 2019, 04:14:37 PM
Some weapons have the bountyhunter ability so you can get more gold and this accumulates with others so you can get up to ~8k gold for one round with a decent team

Ac3_f4ce

• View Profile
Reply #2 on: February 20, 2019, 05:39:37 PM
@Grimm. Accumulates? Is that how it works if you are part of a guild? Because i call BS on that. Ive never made 8k gold on a mission and my MMR is 51% and i usually get 7 points or higher. i only get my usual 3k gold and thats with my bounty hunter perk on level 10 which is 24% extra gold

Grimm

• View Profile
Reply #3 on: February 20, 2019, 06:18:14 PM
You don't need to be in a guild or group but yes if every teammate also has a bountyhunter weapon it accumulates call BS on that as long as you want it's a fact and your mmr does not make a big difference only about your rank plays a bigger part but yeah I'm only lvl 103 so what do I know :)

littlefaces

• View Profile
Reply #4 on: February 20, 2019, 06:56:45 PM
Unless the bounty goes to 144% together I find that hard to believe. You'd have to be making upwards to 4000 gold a match with 99% bounty to be even near 8000.

Grimm

• View Profile
Reply #5 on: February 20, 2019, 07:25:58 PM
Yeah 8k might be a bit overestimated but if you have gold very high and gold normal it can get up to 8k that's not the norm but 6 k should be possible with a group full of bountyhunters

Placelord

• View Profile
Reply #6 on: February 20, 2019, 10:34:04 PM
I'm down for more fun, but I don't really think the grind is too extreme. Meh rewards are just the base experience, you should be tricking out bounty Hunter as stated above and affiliation weapons. Consider how much content is on offer here, all that is available is a handful of guns for a handful of characters. If they cut the prices too drastically a player could eat up all the content in a week or two.

That said 180k per character is a bit extreme.

Whitebleidd

• View Profile
Reply #7 on: February 21, 2019, 03:09:56 AM
I would disagree on the grind for characters, if anything they are too lenient now, 108k is nothing, I mean a single max forge weapon costs 90k… imo not only should some character prices be higher, level required should also be higher, Aneska for example is imo probably 2nd place on being useless on the hands of new players, just behind Harec, and at lvl 61 a player is still pretty much new. When it comes to gold per match I would say the average is closer to 2500 gold, with 3k being common, and that’s for tier1, lower tiers get handed more gold.

However, I do believe the grind for Faction points and forging are an issue. Forging should be cheaper, not necessarily because 90k is such huge amount but because it’s a big enough amount that it discourages experimentation/reforging, I think I heard it mentioned somewhere and it sounded like a great solution, how it should work is that after initially forging a weapon (which is fine at 90k for max forge), subsequent forges should be considerably cheaper.

The area of the current system that is flat out broken is the Faction point grind, both the cost and the few card slots we have available, that entire area really needs an overhaul, because lowering the cost or giving out more FP per match is not enough.

XjabberwockieX

• View Profile
Reply #8 on: February 25, 2019, 07:08:16 AM
I love all these new players telling everyone how the grind is too hard and that the game will die down soon if something isnt done. Characters are much more affordable now. Play the game (Or don't) stop expecting everything to be handed to you after 5 or 6 matches. Fyi, if the game did die down anymore it would literally flatline, it has plenty of problems but making characters even cheaper than they already are is NOT going to fix any of them.
« Last Edit: February 25, 2019, 07:11:37 AM by XjabberwockieX »

MrScratch

• View Profile
Reply #9 on: May 01, 2019, 04:08:33 AM
I love all these new players telling everyone how the grind is too hard and that the game will die down soon if something isnt done. Characters are much more affordable now. Play the game (Or don't) stop expecting everything to be handed to you after 5 or 6 matches. Fyi, if the game did die down anymore it would literally flatline, it has plenty of problems but making characters even cheaper than they already are is NOT going to fix any of them.

For me personally, I saved up almost every coin from the start to unlock Ginebra. Once I hit around level 38 I finally had enough, I then saved up every coin to unlock her rare weapon at about 66k (my forge is still pretty low) and got that around 44-46.

Currently I'm at 48, I have 20,000 in the bank. I need exactly 508,000 more to unlock everyone else who I currently have access to, another 918,000 if I want to see how their rare weapons function and this is with a low level forge which means every one of those weapons are trash throw aways in the long term. I make about 1.5-2k a match and I have 44 hours clocked in which is dramatically more then your average new player. As a free to play game I should be spending my money on cosmetics, not gameplay mechanics. Not that I would be spending money on cosmetics as it currently costs $20 or $40 to purchase a skin for this raider however that is an entirely different issue to discuss.

Perhaps it's the new player experience that is broken. If you distrust my opinion you could always make a new steam account and experience it for yourself.
« Last Edit: May 01, 2019, 04:15:00 AM by MrScratch »

Power83

• View Profile
Reply #10 on: May 01, 2019, 10:29:24 AM
Con cazar recompensas al nivel máximo y con 3 compañeros que tengan igual forja que uno mismo,llegamos a ganar 7k en una partida,por eso debes hacerte de amigos en el juego y jugar juntos las misiones.

Lancer

• "Do what you will, you'll do it anyway"
    • View Profile
Reply #11 on: May 05, 2019, 06:32:17 AM
FOR NEW PLAYERS 
 -Wait every 3-5 forge levels to forge an upgrade or new gun
 -Invest points into bounty hunter, even if you dont max it you'll lessen the grind, im making 4-5k gold on my own 29% bounty hunter bonuses
-Play with friends, that will help with teamwork and if they run bounty hunter too the less the grind
-If you are having trouble sticking with this game then it is simply not your cup of tea
-Research on the forums for advice, ask a vet, im sure they would be more then glad to help out. I played my first 20-40 hours trying to figure out this games complexities, trust me its just better to ask around or search the forums for answers.
-You CAN get the 180K gold for a character in 1 day i have done it before(With great determination and Patience i frankly dont have for this game anymore)