Author Topic: Elite Soldier Rework  (Read 2841 times)

Mr. Mellow

• View Profile
Elite Soldier Rework
on: February 21, 2019, 08:04:52 PM
During my time playing this game I can't help but feel that the Elite Soldiers are a tad bit overpowered, specifically when they obtain Aleph. Whenever an Elite Soldier obtains Aleph they'll spam their ability non-stop which makes dealing with them annoying because the Sniper and Commando units get immunity to all damage for the entire duration of the animation. Why can't we punish them for trying to use their ability? Snipers shouldn't be able to spam their teleport and get out of jail free when I got the drop on them and start punching them, and the Commando shouldn't be able to get off a free air strike on me when I go to grab the 3 stacks of Aleph he has on himself then insta-kill me with a melee attack, that's just incredibly cheap. Perhaps the Sniper could have a warm-up time before the teleport without invulnerability where you can punish her for attempting to run away, or shooting the Commando before he can call in his airstrike cancels the attack, and definitely tone down the frequency at which they spam their Aleph abilities.
« Last Edit: February 21, 2019, 08:10:20 PM by Mr. Mellow »

Placelord

• View Profile
Re: Elite Soldier Rework
Reply #1 on: February 21, 2019, 10:27:17 PM
Yeah I thought that at first too. It's not op it just makes you have to be mindful and act deliberately. Ideally you'll have a team who can communicate when a charged elite is on the field and give it space. Also the strategy with them is to lay down fire and get them into wounded state so you can eat them.

Just wait till you get to the high mmr and the elites can spam you with a shot that staggers and pulls you. Now that is bullshit because you can't avoid, shield against, or stop it.

Butterbuff

• View Profile
Reply #2 on: February 22, 2019, 12:58:32 AM
The only problem i have with Elites is that the bruisers rarely use their shotguns but when they do they have annoying knockback, even at long range the shotguns still apply knockback which is extremely frustrating  especially if your caught in the open where the bruiser can just shoot you over and over into a stunlock until you run out of health. even in some situation where i'm on higher ground, the knockback pulls (instead of pushing) me towards the bruisers which is reasonable but i feel like the devs didn't intend that.

MagpieOAO

• View Profile
Reply #3 on: February 22, 2019, 02:57:25 PM
Imo we need more enemy diversity to introduce some scaling difficulty in enemy types. Miners are a good example of something not explicitly unfair but you gotta watch your ass for. The other factions could use a similar form of scaling rather than pumping out eleites to make things difficult.
Then make elites less dangerous with lower aleph, and make more dangerous miniboss types to compensate which are more rare but no less dangerous, like a mini-antagonist.

gefz

• View Profile
Reply #4 on: February 22, 2019, 08:01:04 PM
I'll give you the most OP trick to fight charged elites and snipers so you never ever ever loose against them anymore, pay attention cause after you do this simple trick the whole Elite crew will hate you!

Whenever you see a heavy charged elite, jump somewhere higher in the map for example a box in the map(there're a lot of these high places for a reason, map designers aren't crazy yooo), and use your gun to pew pew pew him down from higher ground, you can also wait up there until their buff runs out, then you can proceed to melee them for a more easy kill that doesn't waste bullets!!! How hard it that?!!, for snipers, shoot them pew pew pew from afar until they are wounded, then finish them with a melee execution!!, for shotgun elites, you can wound them from afar with your pew pew and secure a kill or you can time a grab right after they call their airstrike so you don't waste bullets as well!!, Now charged elites will hate you for this!! Be careful cause they'll send you a whole team of charged elites to your house now!!
« Last Edit: February 22, 2019, 08:06:54 PM by gefz »

Placelord

• View Profile
Reply #5 on: February 22, 2019, 10:22:37 PM
Indeed. My favorite is wait for them to climb or vault something and grapple them while they are in the animation. Works non sparking brutes every time.