Author Topic: Pro antagonist missions?  (Read 6588 times)

Onionsunleashes

• View Profile
Pro antagonist missions?
on: September 06, 2018, 04:51:22 AM
Which missions would you say are pro antagonists ? So far I think a mission like hanging by a thread is pro raider and a mission like a fistful of sand can be  pro antagonist if you can dps the protector fast enough

Level9Drow

• View Profile
Re: Pro antagonist missions?
Reply #1 on: September 06, 2018, 08:12:17 AM
White Noise and the last boss level of Council Apocalypse. It's horribly skewered in antag favor. the raiders have to walk through mines, Hollow ones, Elites, bubbles, drones, beholder lasers, electric fields and try not to die while performing acrobatics, but you as an antag can merely walk through the solid miasma of death and casually pick them off.  Farm these two stages. I purposely avoid them, even without the antag.

Hiero_Glyph

• View Profile
Reply #2 on: September 06, 2018, 04:29:20 PM
The last phase of The Enemy Within heavily favors the antag as well since not only do you need to watch out for the insta-kills from enemies, have to focus the boss during the limited damage phase, but now you have to watch for ambushes from the antag. Overall it felt very cheap instead of challenging.

LordDraco3

• View Profile
Reply #3 on: September 06, 2018, 07:54:41 PM
The last phase of The Enemy Within heavily favors the antag as well since not only do you need to watch out for the insta-kills from enemies, have to focus the boss during the limited damage phase, but now you have to watch for ambushes from the antag. Overall it felt very cheap instead of challenging.

Nooooooooooo Enemy Within is easily the *worst* mission for antags. Those beasts are super weak to any team that has half an idea of what to do. Kon, Schneider, Mikah, Harec, Shae, Lycus, can pretty much trivialize that whole mission. It's also a small map with very little cover so you're probably just going to get dogpiled by the raid team upon spawning.

If you have an easy time there, I'm assuming you have only faced low level players there.

Anyways all of Hades and Council are good for antagging.

Oh, and killing the protector on Fistful of Sand is a dick move. Don't do it. Unless you just like being a huge asshole towards the raiders for exploiting a massive imbalance that MSE refuses to address. Certain weapons and characters can completely kill him from full with just 1 single magazine, with no way for the raiders to stop it, short of just spawn-camping the antag every single time the respawn timer finishes.

Onionsunleashes

• View Profile
Reply #4 on: September 07, 2018, 12:18:04 PM
I respect that when it comes to a fistful of sand but I'll say this 85% I antagonists I go up against on that mission that's their primary win condition. I think a possible solution but it would have to be play tested would be to have it where protector doesn't need aleph to fix shield if an antagonist is the game

Hiero_Glyph

• View Profile
Reply #5 on: September 07, 2018, 08:28:18 PM
I respect that when it comes to a fistful of sand but I'll say this 85% I antagonists I go up against on that mission that's their primary win condition. I think a possible solution but it would have to be play tested would be to have it where protector doesn't need aleph to fix shield if an antagonist is the game

Or they could just make the protector more resistant to antag damage. It should still be a win condition, it should just be more difficult to achieve.

Sloppy

• View Profile
Reply #6 on: September 10, 2018, 09:56:35 PM
Guys, can you give me an advice on reaching 8.x point score with antagonist?
I played some missions and managed to kill the players before they reached any goals, but at best it gave me 7.0.
I assume that you need to fight against high level players, if that's the case then what are the best maps to do so?

Thanks in advance!

LordDraco3

• View Profile
Reply #7 on: September 11, 2018, 01:24:49 AM
My advice? Get Mercury Steam to adjust how scoring works. Good luck.

I don't record or upload all of my antag matches, but out of what I have uploaded on youtube, I went through the last 2 months of videos.
The only one I seem to have scored above an 8 on, is the only match I have ever had the raiders buy lives on. It was at least a 45 min to an hour long fight, really fun and tense.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=waxIc_MQZMw

I didn't even get an 8 when they surrendered (I assume it was a surrender? But didn't get the pop up saying it was) on the first part of Hangin' By a Thread:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aJ38zrwNWB8

I might have scored over an 8 on a match I didn't upload, but honestly I don't even pay attention to those numbers because they are meaningless to me. But if I didn't get an 8 on that second video, I doubt it's possible through normal means without raiders buying lives.
« Last Edit: September 11, 2018, 01:26:55 AM by LordDraco3 »

Level9Drow

• View Profile
Reply #8 on: September 11, 2018, 01:43:07 AM
The rewards for both antag and raiders are abysmal. They both can get better rewards playing against AI and getting 9 point scores.

LordDraco3

• View Profile
Reply #9 on: September 11, 2018, 01:57:50 AM
Yup.... I've said it before, but I'll say it again:

Antags need to look forward to 10k gold + 10k faction for winning.
Raiders need to get at least 5k each when beating an antagonist.

Both sides need massively increased rewards, and people will likely be complaining much less.

Also scoring needs to be changes from a side A vs. side B, that's not how 4v1 pvp is scored in other asymmetrical games. If I got 9k blood points playing as the killer in Dead by Daylight would I bother? No. One side winning shouldn't cause the other side to get virtually nothing, especially in a hard-fought match.

Ac3_f4ce

• View Profile
Reply #10 on: October 17, 2018, 04:10:20 PM
Double agent is perfect for Antags. 

TheBrentWoody

• View Profile
Reply #11 on: October 17, 2018, 05:27:45 PM
A lot of maps are pro antagonist depending on MMR spread and character choice. Kon owns No Reservation, Rak and Ginebra own Hanging By A Thread, Snipers own Short Fused, Harec owns most maps