Author Topic: Can we test out characters before purchasing them?  (Read 1863 times)

Jedyte

• View Profile
Can we test out characters before purchasing them?
on: September 03, 2018, 10:45:19 AM
As far as I know, there is no option to try out a character before purchasing them. I currently have almost 100K, but I will have to make a hard choice between Rak, Schneider or forging some weapons. Now it is impossible to know which choice I will enjoy more.

Additionally two other suggestions :)
  • On console please allow a key press to confirm/cancel in dialogue boxes (e.g. the accept box before a mission starts and the Claim Rewards box after one) instead of letting the cursor behave like a mouse.
  • If at all technically possible, let a "skip cutscene" skip it immediately (but I assume it hides loading too).

AKABUR

• View Profile
Re: Can we test out characters before purchasing them?
Reply #1 on: September 03, 2018, 01:27:44 PM
Some sort of weekly/daily character rotation would be nice, because with the new reward system I need to win about 200 matches to unlock 1 character. And since match often takes half an hour, that means 100 hours... So basically I will never unlock all characters. Maybe my grandkids will though.

Skyline

• View Profile
Reply #2 on: September 03, 2018, 03:52:10 PM
Rent character for 50% of full price for 6 hours? :)

BeertheBrad

• View Profile
Reply #3 on: September 03, 2018, 04:26:52 PM
Schneider with the Rain of Fire is a Boss killer, he melts them. Great on: In Shock, Breath of Hope, Enemy Within, etc. ANY mission that requires you to focus on a single target(Kuzman, Aneska), he is almost required.

Rak is just fun. He is easily my favorite character. Get gold Frenzied Tracker to turn him and all your allies into Sonic the Hedgehog. The Shepard fully upgraded is brutal and the DPY is also a solid weapon.

Grab Rak if you want to play individually, grab Schneider for the team. Both require some finesse and practice but are both great choices.  Pick the one that fits your play style.