Author Topic: Ginebra cougar form  (Read 3612 times)

Douvredif

• View Profile
Ginebra cougar form
on: September 02, 2018, 04:45:07 AM
make it invisible again or at least give a one use special attack while transformed, taking away her cloak basically kills her to a point because of not being able to get to close makes her a sniper based character because she uses a crossbow with a charge time, instead of this steadfast tankish character, and even if you use cougar form to get close to anybody unless there not paying attention they'll know where you are and immediately rush you down and take you out right now her cougar form is only good for running away from raiders as antag. and aleph transport as a raider thats it.

Whitebleidd

• View Profile
Re: Ginebra cougar form
Reply #1 on: September 02, 2018, 03:20:47 PM
No point investing time on Ginebra, she seems to be the go to raider for nerfs, it’s sad, she used to be my favorite, I haven’t used her in a long time but when I saw her most recent patch notes, what you describe sounds about right, her cougar form must be almost useless nowadays, not sure exactly what MS wants that character to be…

Skyline

• View Profile
Reply #2 on: September 02, 2018, 07:22:18 PM
If u nerf atomic bomb it will be all the same more effective than a baseball bat. :)
Simple one example:
Map No Recervations . G can easy solo it on 70+mmr and not matter whot to do other 3 teammates.

First pesrson :try card allotropic shield .

Douvredif

• View Profile
Reply #3 on: September 03, 2018, 11:49:43 AM
If u nerf atomic bomb it will be all the same more effective than a baseball bat. :)
Simple one example:
Map No Recervations . G can easy solo it on 70+mmr and not matter whot to do other 3 teammates.

First pesrson :try card allotropic shield .
you don't understand what im getting at she's not a bad character, her weapons don't suck, and she a fifth council character making her tanky.  her kit being and assassin based character is crap now because cougar doesn't hide your aleph making her cougar form only good for running away or for aleph transport or priority objectives and by telling me use allotropic sheild you just proved my point

Stranno

• View Profile
Reply #4 on: September 03, 2018, 03:05:04 PM
For me she is in the right spot now. Not overpowered goddess of destruction and fun to use. Of course Mercury could buff others characters, but it's much longer road to balance and sort things out, so they adjusted her kit and weapons, like with Hans weapon and skill in the past.

Whitebleidd

• View Profile
Reply #5 on: September 03, 2018, 10:13:40 PM
Reducing her cougar form HP was silly enough, but having her cougar aleph signature visible to npc’s not only goes against her gameplay style, it’s downright lore breaking, so imo she is not in a good spot, how can cougar =/= stealth…

Douvredif

• View Profile
Reply #6 on: September 03, 2018, 11:18:49 PM
this is the point im trying to make

LordDraco3

• View Profile
Reply #7 on: September 04, 2018, 10:07:25 PM
I always thought the cougar was stupidly OP, I am glad to see it get some changes to nerf it. Also she is anything but a go-to for nerfs, it took ages for them to do anything to her, she remained untouched fora loooong time.

Cougar form was pretty much just used to run around like a chicken with its head cut off any time a survive timer started. It was obnoxious as hell and just a time waster. Finally with less health and visible aleph, she can't just run around for 2 solid minutes without any fear.

Also in pvp, I can definitely see an enemy Gin's aleph as cougar, so the patch notes were a little unclear.

Level9Drow

• View Profile
Reply #8 on: September 04, 2018, 11:14:07 PM
I think it's perfectly fair. I main Ginebra and I think she's balanced after the nerfs that were needed. Use her second form for escaping, it's very useful still. I run away from Antags all the time with her, but when you have a maxed forged Javelin it's dangerous to let you run away.

Whitebleidd

• View Profile
Reply #9 on: September 05, 2018, 02:04:09 AM
Running during survival would only be relevant in pvp… still like i said it doesn’t make any sense, it breaks the lore, she is a stealth/assassin cyborg, considering how much MS invests in lore and storytelling in their games it’s strange they would ignore that.

Also she is anything but a go-to for nerfs

I guess I was speaking from personal experience, I was not able to enjoy her for long in her original form, and after her initial nerf, its kept on going with the nerfs, money wasted... she is the only character I’ve bought with MS points because I didn’t want to wait and now she apparently gets less hp when she transforms into a form that further covers her in armor… and she is a non-stealth cougar…

Also in pvp, I can definitely see an enemy Gin's aleph as cougar, so the patch notes were a little unclear.

I guess it’s even worse than I thought then.

I think it's perfectly fair. I main Ginebra and I think she's balanced after the nerfs that were needed. Use her second form for escaping, it's very useful still. I run away from Antags all the time with her, but when you have a maxed forged Javelin it's dangerous to let you run away.

I’m not saying she isn’t usable or bad, but compared to what she should be, she is now underwhelming and weird, it goes against her character and it makes her less fun to play because of that (at least for me), all in the name of pvp “balance”.