Author Topic: Fighting against Raiders  (Read 1847 times)

Angeles2099

• PSN:Angeles2099 "Turn experience into Power"
    • View Profile
    • Facebook.com
Fighting against Raiders
on: September 01, 2018, 01:09:55 PM
I love being an Antagonist, its challenging and exciting.  Every level is great for certain characters and every character choice the player makes before the mission demands an appropriate counter Antagonist that's best for all 4 Raiders and Map.
                                              -Grapplers-
But, at least in the last day or two of straight antagonist mode, I've notice that the one thing, ...the one thing that Raider players mash the heck out of is that Grapple button... I mean holy hell. I went as far as saving a clip of certain moments where a tight nit group of four all in unison spammed Grapple each 2 times. I understand the Rock-Paper-Scissors mechanic is a core aspect of them game but as far as players are concerned its the only mechanic (Apparently). All i ask is learn to use all aspects of your favorite characters.
I commend Raider players though, most groups I've run into very very quickly get into a tight formation and always travel in groups (Unless I intentionally choose Dr.Kuzmann to counteract that).  Its only when there are stragglers or lone wolves when I get a chance to stretch my Antag legs.

Skyline

• View Profile
Re: Fighting against Raiders
Reply #1 on: September 01, 2018, 02:10:00 PM
Every level is great for certain characters and every character choice the player makes before the mission demands an appropriate counter Antagonist that's best for all 4 Raiders and Map.
Faster you will "grow up" the quicker you will understand how silly things you write:)

U can take Alicia-and just fly and shoot or u can take Rak And to release bugs and run to target. And in general not important what level - gameplay same :) At least u can take Harek and jump to wall and back like a idiot bcs no CD and let four fools catch you ignoring all the rest, and in 15 seconds of a resp thay can't do many things.
In other cases perhaps you are right, but your opinion, - opinion of minority because in 97,7% riders are disturbed by only these three broken antagonists.
ADD:Where all mythical Konstantins with megaop Tolchok's about which is put so many terrifying stories at this forum ? :D
ADD2:Respect to all true antogonist players who
uses other characters for this purpose. And fuck... ah nwm ; Enought,alrdy big post :D

Angeles2099

• PSN:Angeles2099 "Turn experience into Power"
    • View Profile
    • Facebook.com
Reply #2 on: September 01, 2018, 09:54:28 PM
I can't tell if you think little of my skills or think too highly of your own but I agree that Harec is lethal but only in levels with high vantage points and  players not accustom to his tricks. Alicia's non stop jumping  and Raks  Bugs can be countered easily by certain characters, also certain maps are just not meant for them.
My first statement though will still hold true even years from now, its not me being high on my win streaks or anything.
when I'm losing a match badly as an Antag i slow down and actually analyse how to best counter act my current situation and be ready for it in the future.

LoganMaze

• View Profile
Reply #3 on: September 02, 2018, 02:54:40 AM
angeles is right tho, yeah there are characters that are suitable for many maps if not all of them, but if you pick a character that is strong in the current map you might do better. in every online game there is a op character or weapon, no need to be a crybaby and ignore the main issue the post was trying to discuss about.