Author Topic: How to enjoy this game at a low level?  (Read 3111 times)

ButterPoached

• View Profile
How to enjoy this game at a low level?
on: September 03, 2018, 06:13:38 PM
So, I have managed to sit through the long matchmaking queue a few times and leveled up to 11. I turned on quick match, and ended up as an antagonist, ok cool.

Then it dumped me into a game with a level 135 Genebra. How am I supposed to play a game where I require 7 consecutive melee strikes vs. their 1, not even counting the edge they have from from additional hours of gameplay and upgraded weapons AND THE THREE ADDITIONAL CHARACTERS.

So I play through as best I can, get a 1.5 score, get reamed out by Uras Beherit, it burns up one of my EXP boosts, and I re-queue. Again, I end up as an antagonist against a team of 30+ characters. I get frustrated and turn off the game, and now I am writing on the forums while I wait for my punishment time to elapse.

Is the answer just "don't play Antagonist mode until you have maxed out gear"? I keep seeing streams where people talk about what a raw deal the antagonist gets, and I assume that the reason why I keep getting queued into Antagonist is because, even though you need 4x as many Raiders to play a match, and you don't get an Antagonist for every match, there STILL aren't enough people taking the role. If I am missing something, please, enlighten me.

EDIT: okay, so I loaded back into the game. My MMR is at a toasty 28%, so when I queued into into Antagonist (again), I managed to get matched against other people of my level or lower... but the mobs in the misson had their difficulty scaled down, too. The whole thing was over in 8 minutes, with a whopping 2 kills on my part. As I type this, I'm being told how unworthy I am. Fun game.
« Last Edit: September 03, 2018, 06:30:14 PM by ButterPoached »

LoganMaze

• View Profile
Re: How to enjoy this game at a low level?
Reply #1 on: September 04, 2018, 09:45:14 AM
its the antagonist life, if you dont like it (wich is much understandable) dont play it, i myself only do antagonist on certain missions i know would be hard even without antagonist and when i want to have fun, there isnt much of a reason to go antagonist unless you like it or need the specific cards you get as one.

Stranno

• View Profile
Re: How to enjoy this game at a low level?
Reply #2 on: September 04, 2018, 02:15:26 PM
Pump your MMR and try some more. At low MMR mobs are rarely a nuisance for raiders and you'll be overhelmed by raiders every time. Also it's still be pretty hard for antagonist if raiders got some sort of coordination. Try different missions in raiders mode just to figure out how you can use advantages mission gives you (mobs waves, special mobs, bosses attack patterns, etc).