Author Topic: Much Ado About Nothing  (Read 1537 times)

hamed.manoochehri

• View Profile
Much Ado About Nothing
on: August 30, 2018, 10:08:15 PM
I love this game, OK?
I'm a noob. lv11. tough the mechanics of the game are pretty good, I think risking is not as rewarding as it should be. I mean you try to kill an elite and end up dead with a single touch. and in the rare moment when you, a noob, get to kill the bastard it feels unclimactic.
I know it's too soon for me to judge the game but I saw so many players give up the game before they get to le4 in these 10 or 12 games that I've played that you wonder if Mercury should do anything about it.

Hiero_Glyph

• View Profile
Re: Much Ado About Nothing
Reply #1 on: September 01, 2018, 09:57:03 PM
The game just needs a solo tutorial that walks new players through the mechanics of combat and objectives.

Personally, I am really enjoying the game but early on I realized it was my lack of understanding that was the problem, not the game. So I went online and figured things out and then explained it to my friends. Most players will simply blame the game and be done with it though.

The game does have a mentor system but it does little to help since voice chat is off by default.

Overall I really want Spacelords to succeed since it is fun, challenging, and unique, but I fear that the learning curve is too steep for most players and the lack of instructions is hurting a lot since players are quitting before they realize the depth that the game has.