Author Topic: Problems and Solutions  (Read 1370 times)

ColorfulCanvas

• View Profile
Problems and Solutions
on: August 27, 2018, 08:51:34 PM
Hello everyone, I wanted to make a post from my point of view, but also compiling all the main problems and concerns that I have been reading these days about the departure of Spacelords and its update, looking for your opinion and possible solutions for give ideas to MercurySteam.

Also, give encouragement and support to the team of MercurySteam, because although it is true that we are being quite "effusive" in the comments about everything we do not like about the new update, I am convinced that the vast majority we do because, we like Spacelords so much that we want it to go ahead.

MAIN PROBLEMS

Rewards and unique rewards:

The basic rewards are very low, the new players have to use the gold won to buy characters and forge, but both are extremely expensive except for cheap characters like Hans and Kuzman. I think the basic problem here is that we are not taking into account that players improve the same weapons several times until we reach the maximum level of forge, which is now at level 200. And it also seems to me too much to improve a rare weapon, it should be worth only twice as much as a normal weapon.

Then on the other hand is the issue of faction points. Before, you could get in a game 11000 points if you did not share, now you're lucky if you get 4000. The problem is that every time you want to shuffle, it will cost 4800 points. It is not logical. I as a player like to try builds of all kinds, but if I want a specific card, I can be lucky and get the first or bad luck and spend 100000 faction points (that happened to me). And that without taking into account that there are decks like those of the Wardogs, which have many cards.

Regarding the issue of unique rewards (gold and faction points) I believe that it is not urgent to touch them. "Raising the gold and points in unique rewards", Maybe, but I do not see it as the best solution to all the above.
But blueprints is a very urgent issue. Very few are given and it is difficult to get them.

Solution for Gold: Double the base rewards.
Let's take as example a veteran player of level 200, with a MMR of 50% and who gets an average score of 7.5. Its maximum base reward will be around 1900 golds. When with the old system, that was almost what you got in a failed mission and sharing it with a second player.
I also know that the game has the theme of improving weapons so that we get more gold, but I do not know almost anyone who does it. We all want our weapons to do the most damage and be as useful as possible WITHIN a mission, NOT AFTER.

Solution for faction points:
Significantly lower the price to shuffle, Simple. To me the relation of obtaining-price of the old system was going very well to me.

Solution for unique rewards (BluePrints):
Increase bluepints and do something with the duplicates (I in this case would give gold instead, 3000 for blue and 6000 for rare) And if possible you can not get duplicates unless you already have all the Possible weapons of that color.

The Matchmaking:
The community complains a lot, but it is a small community. I would ask the MercurySteam team to review the mentor mode. Gold rewards instead or review the difficulty. Because, although it is made average between the MMR of players of level 1 and other veteran players, the resulting difficulty is still too much for them, which often leads to a game stretching painfully and the reward It is insignificant (I would also review this). Which brings me to the next point.

Disconnections:
I think it's great that when a player leaves, the rest of the team wins an extra bonus. This bonus is questionable but it does not seem an urgent issue, in any case I would triple the bonus if two people have been disconnected, because such a mission becomes a titanic mission. I am more concerned that even if one or several players are disconnected, the difficulty does not diminish at all.

Antagonist mode: nobody wants to touch it.
Before, half of my games I had an antagonist. Now there is an antagonist every 10 games. There are no incentives to play this mode. Under the conviction that the antagonist will always have a lower victory rate than the Raiders, the antagonist should have a decent reward even if he loses, if the Mercury team is concerned that there are people who do not move a finger in the misions, you can write down the deaths caused, destroy targets, etc.
« Last Edit: August 27, 2018, 09:01:31 PM by ColorfulCanvas »