Author Topic: Mmr is this game biggest problem  (Read 7965 times)

Ghostman128

• View Profile
Mmr is this game biggest problem
on: August 26, 2018, 12:51:33 PM
It’s still ass period. Especially playing as a mentor with 50% mmr teamed up with lvl ones. Plus so many AIs with retarded spawn rate. Like oh look a whole army just dropped, kills them another army just dropped behind you. Runs from that army to find cover but the last army you just killed 5 secs ago appeared again with one shot shotgun people and snipers with elites that’s indestructible. I shouldn’t have to purposely lose to make this game playable

Deathprize

• View Profile
Re: Mmr is this game biggest problem
Reply #1 on: August 26, 2018, 04:58:07 PM
Yeah, I don't know how but it's actually more unfair than before. With a antagonist lower than you now the mooks can kill you in less than half a second. No amount of skill can possibly overcome that.

This is even more frustrating as rewards are based on multiple wins. Get an antagonist or a weak team you will lose.

I don't know why the difficulty isn't selectable, as it stands there are no plus points in being at a high MMR. Plus it seems more difficult than before.

With high MMR it's difficult to win, and you barely get anything extra. The chance for an instant loss with an antagonist is always there. The win streaks are harder to achieve, matchmaking takes longer, playing as the antagonist is a lost cause as you are on your own.

It now makes more sense purposely losing to lower it by either afk or suicide. Why is this the case?
Why is the antagonist mode not completely separate, as that would help alleviate half the issues.
« Last Edit: August 26, 2018, 05:04:34 PM by Deathprize »

LordDraco3

• View Profile
Reply #2 on: August 27, 2018, 09:43:18 AM
Agreed. It's been bad for a long time now, but just gonna leave this here, a match from yesterday. Completely unwinnable.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GhByq2OiLaM

Deathprize

• View Profile
Reply #3 on: August 27, 2018, 02:26:36 PM
It seems even more extreme than before. The amount of gunfire that has laser precision and how quickly they spawn would make it unwinnable without the other player.

I was playing in shock which was similar to that the rifle robots actually killed you in 0.7 seconds when they fired at you and the shots hit. It was that bad someone I was playing with said "oh they have added a gattling trooper as a new type". They don't stop firing for a full 30 seconds either!

Also all the new levels are nigh impossible with an antagonist present around the same MMR or lower than you because of the amount of stuff happening during each of the boss fights.

I mean do you find it fun when you get five matches like the one in your video Draco?

pululon

• View Profile
Reply #4 on: August 27, 2018, 04:29:26 PM
I was playing in shock which was similar to that the rifle robots actually killed you in 0.7 seconds when they fired at you and the shots hit. It was that bad someone I was playing with said "oh they have added a gattling trooper as a new type". They don't stop firing for a full 30 seconds either!
I thought that it was a gattling trooper too XD

Level9Drow

• View Profile
Reply #5 on: August 27, 2018, 04:59:09 PM
While I won't disagree that the MMR may be a problem, I feel the biggest problem is the Blueprint system.

Lehi

• View Profile
Reply #6 on: August 27, 2018, 05:12:35 PM
Agreed. It's been bad for a long time now, but just gonna leave this here, a match from yesterday. Completely unwinnable.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GhByq2OiLaM

In this case, I do not think the MMR was an issue. You just could not carry the team in the high MMR, 63, and no one could without collaboration and planning.
You guys did not know what you were doing.

However, I think MS should fix this MMR issue by giving more reward for high MMR players.

Ghostman128

• View Profile
Reply #7 on: August 27, 2018, 05:21:44 PM
I also feel like some levels got more difficult. With certain levels I don’t remember so many AIs in some boss levels and certain elites I don’t recall popping up before in some places

can_gooroo

• View Profile
Reply #8 on: August 27, 2018, 05:43:49 PM
In this case, I do not think the MMR was an issue. You just could not carry the team in the high MMR, 63, and no one could without collaboration and planning.
You guys did not know what you were doing.

thats so no true, that I seriously suspect your average MMR 40-50 (or you usually playing with low MMR public so they pull your team MMR down). I have no intention to insult anyone, Im just sick of people explaing me that this is only locals who oneshot blasted with shotguns. Any expirienced player who watched this footage clearly can see how just couple grunts melted player even though he's from fifth councul and they quite tanky (you also can see how one grunt downed Shae with a single shove and then blasted in a second without any way to react). But I have to say, right there its not only MMR but also game overcompensating for lower-MMR antagonist and basically winning game for him (thats is how game works, in case you didn't know).

I wish Mercury actually tested their changes instead of just tweaking numbers based on players performance. I also want to say about difficulty in general, I know you increased difficulty in order to compensate our new fancy weapon upgrades, but here's a thing: we have more damage output, not more health. You designed such a great game, you clearly have to understand such obvious stuff better than any of us.

Deathprize

• View Profile
Reply #9 on: August 27, 2018, 06:30:08 PM
Yeah I second this Draco is a really good player I have played with and against. You cannot do anything against a rifle troop that kill you in less than 3 seconds from all the way across the map.

An easy way to tell is how many punches a regular grunt takes before the finisher.
 Hades should be 4 hits, Wardog should be 3 and Fifth Counsil 2-3. In the video the wardogss are taking 4 hits. It can actually take up to 5 hits to kill one at the most extreme. These guys have regenerating health and spawn very quickly too. There isn't a way most people can kill them fast enough before you get swarmed as your guns will not kill them fast enough. See the start section of breath of hope for the most extreme example of this.

Lehi

• View Profile
Reply #10 on: August 27, 2018, 06:39:57 PM
I do not know if you watch the video. Let me point out a few so we can do some improve in our play.

He should not keep trying to hold the canister when no team around him. Put it down, and clear the minions, especially, when he tried to cross the bridge. They left "a few" but deadly minions and tried to push in.

The bomber on the tank was never taken down. (Valeria seemed to try to take out the bomber on the tank, but it was not enough.)  If they can't, use the tunnel.

>you also can see how one grunt downed Shae with a single shove and then blasted in a second without any way to react

I do not know how she used her skill, but why she or the minion got too close to her in the first place.

Level9Drow

• View Profile
Reply #11 on: August 27, 2018, 06:45:20 PM
And the rewards, once again, are based on a 1 to 10 score still. So if you could already get a 9 point score at 40% then what purpose does a harder game have? It iw only a liability at this point, you don't get MORE rewards than when you were at a lower difficulty. The game should add bonus rewards OUTSIDE of the score system for things like antaognists, high MMRs. they did this for leavers.

Why is this still a problem in the game?

Deathprize

• View Profile
Reply #12 on: August 27, 2018, 06:58:38 PM
I agree walking out in the open doesn't help. You can't kill the guys on the turrets with most of the characters as their life comes back quicker than you can take it off.

You will get to a point where you know what we a talking about. Even Jharen who seems to be the guy who has got to the highest know difficult can't win when the game pulls these tricks out.

Level9Drow

• View Profile
Reply #13 on: August 27, 2018, 07:04:34 PM
The guy who got beyond 80% difficulty? A lot of people are saying he was using an invincible Konstantin with no heat up on gun. I don't buy it for one second. That doesn't negate the issue at hand though. They seem to punish you for success in this game under the disguise of, "We want to keep the game challenging for you." excuse. but what it is really is a gating mechanic for grinding.

Deathprize

• View Profile
Reply #14 on: August 27, 2018, 07:04:40 PM
Yeah if you keep MMR low, it's easier to win, games are found quicker, the rewards are better as you can ace the level without anyone dying. Because all of the weapons are maxed bosses die easier and grunts go down in a few shots.

On top of this a majority of antagonist matches will be in your favour as the team will likely have the same or lower MMR.

Statistically you can get through more matches quicker as a group this way, then just surrender to lower and start again. This would yield more rewards than roughing it out at at higher difficulty.