Author Topic: In regards to weapons and their blueprints  (Read 2191 times)

Strider

• View Profile
In regards to weapons and their blueprints
on: August 26, 2018, 02:06:49 AM
Hi again,

I want to start off by saying that the transition to the free-to-play model has been done well (for the most part). Barely anything (other than cosmetics) is monetised and the few things that are monetised (XP boosts for example), are available every 12 hours or so. It’s nice to see you guys taking great care in regards towards your monetisation methods.

However, the fact that there is only one chance to obtain a weapon blueprint every 12 hours is rather strict I feel. Good news is that there are multiple solutions to this issue already suggested by a lot of the community members here (more-blueprint reward missions, perhaps a 6-hour reward cycle instead of a 12-hour one).

I do think however the gold needed to craft some of these weapons are very expensive and seem to become more expensive as your forge level increases, I would need the community to tell me if this is correct because this seems to be the case. (For example, my forge level is 11 and common and rare weapons cost 36000 and 90000 respectively). Some of these prices exceed a good number of raiders... who come equipped with weapons of their own, lol.

I would not call myself a veteran (with tonnes of gold) in this game nor would I call myself a newer player but I have a feeling that this is going to be an issue for (right now) newer players if left ignored. Here are a couple of ideas:

Simply revert the value of common and rare weapons to ~20000 and ~40000 respectively. I understand that the increase in value was in response to how much easier acquiring blueprints are but such a drastic increase in price almost makes me wish the old system made a return... almost.

Turn “weapon blueprints” into the weapon itself. Once a player acquires a blueprint drop, allow the player to use the base (Forge level 0) variant of the weapon until they can earn the ability to upgrade the weapon towards their actual forge level once they obtain enough gold. This will not only decrease the grind for newer players looking for a new weapon to try but also allow veterans to try out a the weapon in question without using up to 90000 gold (only to find out they don’t like it or it’s too weak for example).

Allow other players to trade weapon blueprints and/or Mercury Points with each other, I think some players will appreciate the option to pay for a weapon blueprint while helping out another player.

The “raider token” idea mentioned in my last thread could help alleviate the average amount of gold a player would spend acquiring characters and instead put more focus into the acquisition of gold towards building a weapon.

I want to say again that the game at the moment is open to change, with that said I’m looking forward to see where this goes from here.

Level9Drow

• View Profile
Re: In regards to weapons and their blueprints
Reply #1 on: August 26, 2018, 06:46:26 AM
It is not easier to get BP. You have to wait on a timer, and even then it's not guaranteed. In the new system an Antagonist or a group of new shit players can FUCK your one chance to get a BP, and you're screwed until the next cycle. At least in the old system I could just shrug my shoulders if an antag won and just re-queue for the mission again. AND I can do it with ANY character I want. I've literally played many MANY games since Friday evening and not fucking once did I see a BP. And the new cycles don't even have them. This new BP system is shot, the devs fucked up and I am so pissed I am starting to regret the money I pay. Without upgrades there's NO point in playing the game. If you can't get upgrades ever then why play?

Strider

• View Profile
Re: In regards to weapons and their blueprints
Reply #2 on: August 28, 2018, 01:12:45 AM
It is not easier to get BP.

The reason I implied that blueprints were easier to acquire is because based on your teams performance (and treasure hunter) you can almost be garenteed a blueprint drop. You are right in the sense that not everyone going to have an easier time with the blueprint system (due to antagonists, specific level, MMR, teammates etc). I can only speak for myself in saying that I have very little issue with obtaining weapon blueprints. I shouldn’t have assumed this was the case for everyone.

However, I still think part the solution is to not have a blueprint roll when you lose a match. As it stands, the chance of obtaining a blueprint still isn’t really based on your own performance.

This may seem weird but the more I think about it, the more I disagree with my opening post because these ideas at second glance are unnecessary.

In short I am willing to grind a reasonable amount of (fixed) gold values if I know what I am going to get at the end of it be it a raider or a weapon. I would just like detailed stats of weapons (reload time, fire rate, base damage, critical damage etc) and detailed descriptions of raiders (accompanied with some video footage showing off their abilities) and not just some flavour text that the raider or weapon in question may or may not live up to.