Author Topic: New Game Rewards System and Gameplay  (Read 4972 times)

Alexnewbie

• View Profile
New Game Rewards System and Gameplay
on: August 24, 2018, 06:13:32 PM
Sorry, but this system is bad. 1 time per 8 hour it's too long. This reward is too smal. Gold and fp gives in very smal pieces.

Reward can give you a gun, those you have in stash.

Please fix that.

Next question

Gameplay is the same. All is the same... Nothing new.

I can't normal play. 3-5 times in a day i have reconnect.  And in this game i have new problem. I have reconnect after chose a char... THis is too bad.
I know one game that have problem like this. THis game lost 70% players in short time.

PeerTOPeer Connect type is suck!

« Last Edit: August 24, 2018, 06:57:36 PM by Alexnewbie »

Hyugga

• View Profile
Re: New Game Rewards System and Gameplay
Reply #1 on: August 24, 2018, 06:19:45 PM
"But there are so many changes that we are changing the name because it feels like a new game " yeah right. Everything gameplay wise is the same , and all of the changes were for the worst. Not even one change i like. Cant even play the whole campaing since im lv 55. Really think im quitting this game.

Level9Drow

• View Profile
Reply #2 on: August 24, 2018, 06:22:13 PM
The previous name was a bit long. They had to make a new name for a relaunch and an easier game title to sell. I think this is the main reason. Everyone is under the impression that is was going to be a new game, it wasn't. There is an interview where they explain this in detail.

dicjones

• View Profile
Reply #3 on: August 28, 2018, 12:02:09 AM
This is what gamers do...they assume. Then when things don’t turn out how they dreamed they would, they turn on the developers.

JestersShade

• View Profile
Reply #4 on: September 10, 2018, 11:46:21 AM
After more than 60 hours in Spacelords, I wanted to add my view on the reward system.

1) The blueprints need to give something when they are duplicates!

An amount of gold would be nice (more for a rare than a common) or, at the very least, stack!

2) Refresh rotation is not good as it is

Before level 40: 6 to 8 missions with one time rewards every 24 hours
After level 40: 3 to 4 missions with one time rewards every 12 hours

what the point of that system ?
I work during days (like most people) and I preferred as it was before level 40 because I could do every reward during my evening session.
Now I just feel I'm loosing half of it and it's frustrating to level up ...

(I know at a certain level it goes to an 8 hours rotation but I'm not here yet.)

LordDraco3

• View Profile
Reply #5 on: September 10, 2018, 09:10:27 PM
8 hour rotations suck too, just check my post here:
https://www.spacelordsthegame.com/community/index.php?topic=2267.0

I also state that I, too, would prefer the 24 hour rotation that COVERS my mission list in rewards that include common BP's, than an 8 hour rotation with crap rewards that I miss 2/3 of every single day because I work and sleep like human beings have to do.

Deathprize

• View Profile
Reply #6 on: September 11, 2018, 10:08:37 AM
It's on an 8 hour rotation to purposely slow progress down so that the newer players can catch up I think. The only other reason would be to keep the higher players playing longer as they may stay on for multiple rotations, this seems unlikely though.

It doesn't make any sense any other way it would be easier to keep everyone on a 24 hour rotation otherwise.

JestersShade

• View Profile
Reply #7 on: September 11, 2018, 11:25:29 AM
What you are saying could have been done with a 24hrs rotation: from level 1 to 40 you get 8 missions, then 6, then 4 ...

The 12 hrs and then 8 hrs is just dumb since you just feel like you have more rotations with less things and lose a lot of it.

Deathprize

• View Profile
Reply #8 on: September 11, 2018, 11:47:08 AM
Exactly most people on the 8 eight rotation won't get everything during a day due to work commitments and sleep. If all the higher tier rewards were on the 24 hour timer you would be able to get all of them every day.

The set up now obscures the fact people in lower tiers get more rewards in a given day. Technically they don't as you could play all of the 8 hour rotations it's just really unlikely.

LordDraco3

• View Profile
Reply #9 on: September 11, 2018, 11:43:42 PM
Most hardcore players play for long sessions at a time. Not play a couple games, get off, come back 5-7 hours later, play a few more. It's horrible for the game's health and makes me just play something else for the rest of the night.

I don't know how they reached a conclusion that these rotations are what would benefit players the most.

Big Chocolate

• View Profile
Reply #10 on: September 12, 2018, 06:40:00 PM
Most hardcore players play for long sessions at a time. Not play a couple games, get off, come back 5-7 hours later, play a few more. It's horrible for the game's health and makes me just play something else for the rest of the night.

I don't know how they reached a conclusion that these rotations are what would benefit players the most.

It's sooo soo annoying. I went from 30-40 hours of play a week to maybe 10. Like thats really really bad. Thats not how a game should run. And instead of putting more money towards Spacelords (which I've thrown $80 to it now) , last night I purchased Strange Brigade just to get my third person coop shooter fix... It really bugs me how I try so hard to love this game but the developers push me away with the littlest things. The gameplay is honestly solid and top notch, but these other systems minor or not just ruin the experience. MercurySteam takes two steps forward and 4 steps back it seems.

Level9Drow

• View Profile
Reply #11 on: September 12, 2018, 07:31:09 PM
I'm with both of you. I have over 1,000 hours on the game, but it's getting less now. I am kind of pigeonholes into having to play certain factions, whereas previously there was a freedom to play any character you wanted. Since I don't need any cards or BP for the Locals faction this means I no longer play the locals. But there has been many times when I told myself, "I better play Doldren on this map." or "I feel like Harec today." But then I stop myself and remind myself that I don't need faction for locals (I don't see common BP anymore so there isn't any chance for me to get those for the Locals) and I feel like I would be wasting rewards playing the Locals and then force myself to play one of the characters from the factions I need. This coupled with the trickling amount of faction points exhaust me from playing.

We used to get 5k to 10k faction for a game, and we had a chance for BP to drop for a character OTHER than what we were playing on that map therefore we had more freedom to play whomever we wanted thus keeping the game interesting. Not anymore. It's also exhausting throwing away 4800 faction on shuffling only to play 3 or 4 games just to shuffle ONE time again and not get your card. It's exhausting and tiresome.

EDIT: But I'm hopeful, and I think you guys are to, that they will be changing this. I couldn't imagine they would keep it this way after the poor reception, nor do I think they foresaw the consequences or did it intentionally. I just don't believe that. So I'll keep grinding faction at this INSANELY slow pace for now with no hope I will see a common BP until an update, for now.
« Last Edit: September 12, 2018, 07:43:57 PM by Level9Drow »

Power Penguin

• View Profile
Reply #12 on: September 12, 2018, 08:05:53 PM
Yeah the system has got to change, it is frankly a bunch of garbage that has hurt the game more than it has helped. Developing a game is really hard but MSE just keeps making dumb fuck decisions left and right. And it really doesn't help that communication has been really poor since the game went F2P. Only thing we've gotten is "hey here's a new weapon and some skins". That's simply not enough.
« Last Edit: September 12, 2018, 08:13:33 PM by Power Penguin »

Level9Drow

• View Profile
Reply #13 on: September 12, 2018, 08:31:06 PM
Oh man, I can't be that harsh on them. Not today at least. Maybe when I lose my only common BP to an antag I will, but not today.

Power Penguin

• View Profile
Reply #14 on: September 12, 2018, 08:41:20 PM
Yeah I got some venom to spit today.