Author Topic: Player character skills  (Read 2416 times)

Treycol1

• HiYa raiders
    • View Profile
Player character skills
on: August 16, 2018, 03:04:44 AM
Since the game is going through some changes, is it possible to get different players skills that could be in a unlockable system
Example : change lycus shield (run to recharge) skill into multiple shield use when close to other raiders (cool down longer), or mikahs clone can have a other skill where she creates a clone that moves at the cost of aleph signature rising tremendously, you know secondary abilities that differ from the characters main ability

Power Penguin

• View Profile
Re: Player character skills
Reply #1 on: August 16, 2018, 07:01:04 AM
+1
Anything that adds more meaningful gameplay variety I am in.

Level9Drow

• View Profile
Reply #2 on: August 16, 2018, 05:29:29 PM
I think they're adding this through more complex weapons. Hive got Shy, Mikah got Barrier, Doldren got Patient Boy, etc... as the weapons get added they get more complex and actually add new abilities to the characters.

Power Penguin

• View Profile
Reply #3 on: August 16, 2018, 06:15:52 PM
I think they're adding this through more complex weapons. Hive got Shy, Mikah got Barrier, Doldren got Patient Boy, etc... as the weapons get added they get more complex and actually add new abilities to the characters.

Weapon gimmicks get more complex but that doesn't fundamentally change how a characters power functions. And relegating meaningful character changes to just weapons is pretty meh.

Level9Drow

• View Profile
Reply #4 on: August 16, 2018, 06:43:04 PM
Well, we have to worry about power creep. It's already starting to happen. This shouldn't matter normally, but in a game where PvP is forced, it does. They may add more cards that change how special abilities work, who knows.