Author Topic: Report players  (Read 12992 times)

LordDraco3

• View Profile
Report players
on: August 17, 2018, 11:08:21 PM
*sees Konstantin, Alicia*
Welp. Time.... to be an ass....
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AhFeED4Jtv8

Anyways I realized towards the end of the mission that this prick had a familiar name. Was HAPPY to kill them last to score a win using stupid meta tactics, after realizing I played with them before:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZPgxQqB3DL4
« Last Edit: November 13, 2018, 05:06:49 PM by MSE_KarenHB »

Level9Drow

• View Profile
Re: Cencer vs. Cancer
Reply #1 on: August 17, 2018, 11:48:44 PM
That first video was like watching AIDS, there was orange laser beams everywhere and flying Fairuza Balks everywhere.

Glad to see A_Magical_Dude, one of my favorite player names, makes me chuckle every time I see it. It makes me think of a wizard version of Jeff Bridges.

As far as that second video, I hope you reported them.

EDIT: I've written down their names and will be watching out for them when I play.
« Last Edit: August 18, 2018, 12:15:33 AM by Level9Drow »

LordDraco3

• View Profile
Reply #2 on: August 18, 2018, 02:04:35 AM
I did send that second video in an email back when it happened. It was ridiculously stupid.... and goes to show that the game can be literally held hostage by one asshole (or in this case 2, since he had someone defending him from the stray enemies but sent me a damn friend request at the moment that last one wandered in)

Level9Drow

• View Profile
Reply #3 on: August 19, 2018, 05:08:26 AM
He sent you a friend request? LOL...why? After being a petulant ass, why would he think you would want to accept? ... did you accept?

LordDraco3

• View Profile
Reply #4 on: August 19, 2018, 07:28:04 AM
Oh heck no. And to be clear it wasn't the griefer that sent it to me, it was the Lycus that was defending him, even though we already sent PM's to each other and I told him to stop helping that player, and he kept doing it.

B30

• I stopped playing
    • View Profile
Re: Cancer vs. Cancer
Reply #5 on: August 19, 2018, 10:12:24 PM
What does these two clowns hope to gain from it? If they wanna lower their MMR, they should peacfully antag. But maybe they are just stupid.

XjabberwockieX

• View Profile
Reply #6 on: August 20, 2018, 04:51:16 AM
*sees Konstantin, Alicia*
Welp. Time.... to be an ass....

Haha, says the guy that already had R&R Alicia locked and loaded before Konstantin or Alicia were chosen. We both know you were going Alicia regardless.  ;)

LordDraco3

• View Profile
Reply #7 on: August 20, 2018, 10:16:04 AM
I've fought you guys enough to know ;)
Was sure Magical Dude was gonna pick her, since I'm pretty sure he always does, but fearstriker did it first.

XjabberwockieX

• View Profile
Reply #8 on: August 20, 2018, 06:41:46 PM
Double Agent is the only mission I feel obligated to bring Konstantin because it is such an Alicia map. I can't afford to bring anybody else and reasonably expect to win. Once the second half of the mission hits and Schneider's banging around and snipers are unchecked because a Sassy Alicia is carpet bombing everyone while they are tiptoing past the crystal laser beams it's a lost cause 95% of the time anyway lol. It's as bad as any Harec Antag on Fistful of Sand, u can dominate them while finding the protector and still easily lose because they hang back and drill the Protector on the back half and it's game over.
  With all that being said, I saw what that other player did to you on that Medias res match and that's inexcusable, I'm glad he got what was coming to him and u got your vengeance.  8)

MSE_Karen

• Community Manager with thick Spanish accent
  • MercurySteam
  • Cat whisperer
    • View Profile
Reply #9 on: August 21, 2018, 10:40:01 AM
Hi LordDraco3,

Have you reported this in spacelords_support@mercurysteam.com?

Whitebleidd

• View Profile
Reply #10 on: August 21, 2018, 10:00:25 PM
Seems like cause and effect lol, I refuse to throw on pve matches but I can’t say it hasn’t crossed my mind and be an ass whenever I’m paired with some antag that wasted my time on a previous match.

Level9Drow

• View Profile
Reply #11 on: August 21, 2018, 10:13:37 PM
Seems like cause and effect lol, I refuse to throw on pve matches but I can’t say it hasn’t crossed my mind and be an ass whenever I’m paired with some antag that wasted my time on a previous match.

I'm guilty of this as well. I see the guy who just cost me time and rewards as an antag on my team and I feel angry and dirty cooperating with him when he's on my team. Like it's an indignity to help my enemy get rewards after he caused me to lose them. What a sham.

At the very best I don't help them at all, don't save them from AI, don't cooperate when they ask for stuff (EDIT: But will work personally towards the objective, just not helping THAT player). And at the worst I play really crappy and "accidentally" feed the elites my aleph (EDIT: This happens less often, as I am often with other players I like and choosing to "not play optimally" would ruin my gaming relation with those who I frequently play with). I hate being forced to work with them.
« Last Edit: August 21, 2018, 11:17:19 PM by Level9Drow »

TheBrentWoody

• View Profile
Reply #12 on: August 21, 2018, 10:22:22 PM
Wow, Drow.  Stop holding grudges past one game.  That's called "Toxicity."  It kills gaming communities. And it's probably not emotionally healthy.

Level9Drow

• View Profile
Reply #13 on: August 21, 2018, 10:36:21 PM
That's true, but my time and rewards are never recompensed. So I take it personal. Whether it's healthy or not is a philosophical quandary up for debate on gaming, PvP, rewards, and wrong or right gamer types.

I listen to my instincts when something happens. Because they don't lie in "accepted social conformity" and causes one to betray their own interest. When I lose I don't care, when I lose and I'm penalized time and productivity my gut tells me I've been wronged. This wouldn't be so bad if I didn't pay money for the game and stuff in it.

I think people forget a fundamental concept in our modern day of gaming that we older gentlemen still remember: This is paid for entertainment, not a job or E-Sports where we get paid. Young gamers grew up with games that are jobs or Darwinistic experiments and so apply this respective philosophy to paid for entertainment. It's strange to me, but I don't feel anyone should suffer when they are paying for entertainment. This is, as you know (dead horse), is why I believe more options make for happy and entertained consumer. In this case that would be optional PvP. Then I wouldn't have to worry about it. PvPers who want to, and enjoy, fighting each-other would get countless entertainment off of each-other, And PvEers who love grinding and that feeling of growth, invested time and progress would also feel entertained.  But we're put in the same soup because we all love the core of the game so much so we suffer through our differences and this breeds toxicity. I don't accept responsibility for toxicity because it's a symptom, not a cause.

But until then, I take names and never forget.

Whitebleidd

• View Profile
Reply #14 on: August 21, 2018, 11:04:51 PM
Wow, Drow.  Stop holding grudges past one game.  That's called "Toxicity."  It kills gaming communities. And it's probably not emotionally healthy.

Well in this case it’s largely the games fault, its current system encourages toxicity, if ppl were entering pvp willingly, then I would probably agree grudges and vengeful attitudes would be wrong, but as it stands now, I think it’s almost inevitable, even for normally good willed players