Author Topic: Will this game survive?  (Read 3233 times)

Tekato

• View Profile
Will this game survive?
on: February 09, 2019, 01:43:56 AM
With anthem, the division 2, apex and borderlands 3 coming out soon will this game make it? Just curious how mercury steam plan on dealing with all these shooter games taking away a lot of their players.

PohtHehd

• View Profile
Re: Will this game survive?
Reply #1 on: February 09, 2019, 02:22:28 AM
All you really had to say was Apex.

But, yeh, I dunno man. I think at least they will finish the roadmap. I really hope we get to see how things end with the story. Would be a straight tragedy if there was an eternal cliffhanger.

Now, I don't have numbers or anything but this game seems a lot more active then even when I started last year. That's a pretty good sign. Usually the developers would've dropped the hero-shooter angle and moved on to the next trend. Maybe MSE is working on doing that but for now it is nice to see them continue to support a game that isn't exactly a money-maker.

Which sort of begs the question; why do they continue to support it?

Anyway, you been playing Apex, Tekato? Pathfinder all the way, right?

Quanrian

• Eat the game before it devours your life!
    • View Profile
Reply #2 on: February 09, 2019, 04:43:00 AM
It survived for a year and didn't die out like people were silently and vocally hoping it would. I really don't enjoy seeing these threads... This is just knocking the game because higher profile games come out but plenty already have and those of us who love the game in the truest sense kept on playing.

Tekato

• View Profile
Reply #3 on: February 09, 2019, 03:37:07 PM
It survived for a year and didn't die out like people were silently and vocally hoping it would. I really don't enjoy seeing these threads... This is just knocking the game because higher profile games come out but plenty already have and those of us who love the game in the truest sense kept on playing.
I don't really want to see the game fail but they need to step it up. Last year there weren't that many good shooter games but this year there's 4-5 big titles coming back to back and spacelords already used the free to play card. It's not really looking good, they've had a year but the tutorials still suck and the new players I see them constantly rage quitting either because they don't know what's going on during the mission or they get completely stomped by antags. I personally try to play a few matches once in a while but when I see an antag I just drop the game for like a week.

@Pohthehd i'm not really a pvp guy so I haven't really touched apex but I see a lot of my friends move on to that game.

Butterbuff

• View Profile
Reply #4 on: February 09, 2019, 11:04:15 PM
As much as i know this feels like deja vu with my time with Battleborn whom i've stuck with on release til the end where the Devs just didn't put much effort or they simply couldn't keep it up against Overwatch and just gave up.
one striking moment that made me realize this was when in Battleborn most people were complaining about being matched up with noobs even though they had a system which matched people of equal levels and eveyone could see your level, and how did Gearbox respond? by hiding the level so that nobody can know that you're a noob or pro and not fixing that said issue. and so as soon as a saw MercuryStream get rid of showing the player levels and put in tiers i just thought, "here we go again." (it's not as bad but still).

Power Penguin

• View Profile
Reply #5 on: February 09, 2019, 11:12:38 PM
I hope it does survive, but at this pace the game is gonna keep struggling to find any real hold.

Whitebleidd

• View Profile
Reply #6 on: February 14, 2019, 06:27:49 AM
I definitely don’t want to see it die, but it seems inevitable for many reasons, I would say the main reason is that it doesn’t know what it wants to be, it’s not pvp, it’s not pve and it pisses of both demographics in its own way.

I still have my doubts on Anthem but maybe it will work for ppl on the pve side, there is no MMR shenanigans, simply difficulty options, and no tacked on pvp that pve players must participate in for rewards (looking at you Destiny...) or are forced into (like our esteemed game being discussed here), in fact no pvp whatsoever and a community that seems to be very happy with that.

In any case I hope we get to see the ending to the story or at least most of it, and I also hope maybe someday I’ll be able to simply queue up for a damn match knowing I won’t get some tryhard pvp dude wasting my time.