Author Topic: Playing as antagonist.  (Read 2850 times)

ILViNIL

• View Profile
Playing as antagonist.
on: February 02, 2019, 10:13:15 AM
It's not fun when you're forced to play against nothing but tier 1 while you're tier 2. There isn't a chance to win please fix the broken match making system it's making the game not fun. Pretty much to impossible to beat a full team of people higher level then you. Real sad being full on antagonized every game when you're supposed to be an "antagonist".

ILViNIL

• View Profile
Re: Playing as antagonist.
Reply #1 on: February 02, 2019, 10:16:29 AM
Lost 10% mmr in 3 games as antagonist if I go back to playing raider which I dont want to do the game will be far to easy. But antagonist issues are irritating.

Tekato

• View Profile
Reply #2 on: February 02, 2019, 01:57:42 PM
What's the issue with antagonist mode now? So far all the antags I've faced since the update have had hordes of enemies on their side so....

ILViNIL

• View Profile
Reply #3 on: February 02, 2019, 06:56:37 PM
You could triple the add spawns and raiders would still win more especially when it's a full team of tier 1 players vs a tier 2 or lower antagonist you SHOULD NOT be forced into situations when you're getting 8+ games of just tier 1 players I went from 55 mmr to 36 playing one night of antagonist due to being forced to try to antagonize people who are each individually stronger than myself.

Tekato

• View Profile
Reply #4 on: February 02, 2019, 07:12:29 PM
I'm not really sure what you want then the whole point of antag matches are 4 v 1. If you're asking for matchmaking to be fixed that's not gonna happen it's been like this for who knows how long now.

Placelord

• View Profile
Reply #5 on: February 02, 2019, 08:03:32 PM
That's the reason we see tiers instead of levels now. Its an official admission that they have no intention to fix matchmaking. It's not happening. As for the experience of being an antag, still mostly joyless for me.

I don't think it's the system as much as it's the players at this point. So many times I make it obvious that have no intention of fighting, I'm just here to lower my mmr, get affinity or help you get good time. But, there are always pencil dicks who don't need the aleph trying to flex. Or people straight killing me while I'm clearly trying to give them aleph for the objective. Yeah you're real tough mercing a vegitable for no reward.

I used to be okay with there being no point to competitive play because I could still get what I need and meet cool ppl. I used to have fun helping out and making mischief now I don't even bother spawning. I can't get the thrill of competition, I can't get the joy of forging unlikely alliances. There's just no draw, it's just, queue up if you wanna have a bad time.
« Last Edit: February 02, 2019, 08:19:41 PM by Placelord »

ILViNIL

• View Profile
Reply #6 on: February 02, 2019, 09:56:05 PM
I managed to have 2 competitive antagonist games I got a 9.5 and a 9.1 was actually fun playing the last game only had one tier 1 in it just had to make sure he was the first to die when the raiders ran out of lives.

LordDraco3

• View Profile
Reply #7 on: February 07, 2019, 01:52:22 AM
I have not seem the legion of spawning enemies as some describe. I have been 60-70% though since the aneska update so maybe that's my problem. I keep fighting teams of 10-20% less MMR too.

Lost against a team made entirely of sub-lv 100 players on weapon from the past because they just dogpiled me thanks to a complete lack of ads. Spawn, kill 1 player, during my finisher animation, 2-3 raiders jump me with no possible way to escape.

Oh, White Noise miners also don't show up at all sometimes when I antag there. So that's also nice.

Quanrian

• Eat the game before it devours your life!
    • View Profile
Reply #8 on: February 09, 2019, 04:53:08 AM
It looks ridiculous when they dogpile you. I really want them to implement something where you can't be punched by two players at once because it sucks and there is just no way. So you roll and then one of them presses grapple and you're done... if you're not Harec. I really don't want to play Harec because of this clustering tactic that I could swear didn't used to work. In all honestly, if you're using more than two players to stop and Antagonist... well you're probably ignoring the objective entirely and 'that' will be your downfall.