Author Topic: Life Support - Aneska's card  (Read 3822 times)

Wuzaor

• View Profile
Life Support - Aneska's card
on: February 01, 2019, 08:45:22 PM
Less than 5 meters from the Mech feels like 1 meter. For healing you need to stand exactly under the Mech. What makes this ability useless.

ILViNIL

• View Profile
Re: Life Support - Aneska's card
Reply #1 on: February 03, 2019, 02:21:25 AM
Add it to the pile there are so many absolutely useless cards in this game and a handful that are actually worth anything.

Quanrian

• Eat the game before it devours your life!
    • View Profile
Reply #2 on: February 03, 2019, 04:31:27 AM
It's not that bad a Card but the ticks actually seemed pretty slow and 'that' was more noticeable to me than the distance required. If you naturally heal faster than the Card does because well... you're probably losing aggro than yeah it wont matter either way. I can see this being useful when you immediately pop the mech because it is 'that' close to you when you do and it might help you regain some of the health lost while Mech Romancing!

LordDraco3

• View Profile
Reply #3 on: February 07, 2019, 01:29:56 AM
I dumped 80k points trying to get it and it never showed up, good to know i shouldn't keep bothering. I assumed the 5m distance would be calculated from the edge of the mech's model (?) since it's so huge, but calculating it from the epicenter of the mech is.....bad.

Much like Re-Entry Heat, a buff that lasts 5 seconds. Nevermind that you summon the mech, it takes time, it roars, it checks its e-mail, and then, only if something is close enough, does it use sword attacks. That 5 seconds ended long before anything will be hit by it.

MSE_Bert0

• MercurySteam Developer
    • View Profile
Reply #4 on: February 07, 2019, 01:16:58 PM

Hello Raiders,

When designing this card my idea was to try to give a new use to the Mech, use it as an "attacking" shield, that is, if you deploy the mech, go back a couple of steps and let the enemies get closer, centering the damage on the mech and you help your mech to kill enemies or shoot the mech to maintain its life without having to worry about yours for a few seconds. It is true that it is a risky move because you will lose the Mech very quickly, but for high difficulty levels where you can accumulate several enemies in a single zone can be a good way to eliminate more grouped enemies, and quickly collect the cells of energy to have the mech available again to launch. Anyway, I will keep your comments in mind and I will check the numbers on this letter.

Tekato

• View Profile
Reply #5 on: February 07, 2019, 02:24:01 PM

Hello Raiders,

When designing this card my idea was to try to give a new use to the Mech, use it as an "attacking" shield, that is, if you deploy the mech, go back a couple of steps and let the enemies get closer, centering the damage on the mech and you help your mech to kill enemies or shoot the mech to maintain its life without having to worry about yours for a few seconds. It is true that it is a risky move because you will lose the Mech very quickly, but for high difficulty levels where you can accumulate several enemies in a single zone can be a good way to eliminate more grouped enemies, and quickly collect the cells of energy to have the mech available again to launch. Anyway, I will keep your comments in mind and I will check the numbers on this letter.
There's no reason to run this card when you can just use prevail. Like you said the mech will just die in seconds anyway so you can keep re-activating prevail by collecting energy cells and just letting the mech die. Vial of epinephrine can also work better in that scenario. Just increase the range on life support to 15 meters and it should be fine. That way you can at least hide the mech somewhere so it won't die in 3 seconds and it will still heal you.

MSE_Bert0

• MercurySteam Developer
    • View Profile
Reply #6 on: February 07, 2019, 03:21:02 PM

Hello Raiders,

There's no reason to run this card when you can just use prevail. Like you said the mech will just die in seconds anyway so you can keep re-activating prevail by collecting energy cells and just letting the mech die. Vial of epinephrine can also work better in that scenario. Just increase the range on life support to 15 meters and it should be fine. That way you can at least hide the mech somewhere so it won't die in 3 seconds and it will still heal you.

The idea is to support your mech shooting the enemies, not let it die... i think prevail is more for new users with this character, but as I said, I´m going to review the numbers, thanks for the feedback

Tekato

• View Profile
Reply #7 on: February 07, 2019, 04:09:18 PM

Hello Raiders,

The idea is to support your mech shooting the enemies, not let it die... i think prevail is more for new users with this character, but as I said, I´m going to review the numbers, thanks for the feedback
That's a nice way of saying git gud but what difficulty are you guys testing this on? This strategy does sound good on paper but when you actually put it into action at higher mmrs it doesn't really work out. That's just my thoughts I guess.

Tekato

• View Profile
Reply #8 on: February 07, 2019, 04:34:31 PM
You guys make all these overpowered weapons and cards like bonus/killer ball for schneider, tolchock, ignis etc then you wanna talk about balance... Get out of here with that man.

Butterbuff

• View Profile
Reply #9 on: February 07, 2019, 11:54:40 PM

it's hard to support a Mech that doesn't move. the player has to constantly summon and desummon the Mech to collect batteries since it's a more effective way to heal it and be able to move from objective to objective in which the only reason that they would summon it is to cover themselves when they feel pressured by Mobs or summon it at spawn or far away from enemies so that they can make use of the bombardment ability to improve their own damage output. the Mech IS meant to support the player. during the boss fight, the raiders wanted to kill Aneska, not the Mech. the Mech is a shield for Aneska that allows her to achieve her missions. so cards like Prevail work well at keeping Aneska alive long enough to revive the Mech again and again until Aneska falls herself.

« Last Edit: February 07, 2019, 11:57:06 PM by Butterbuff »