Author Topic: New To Space Lords?...  (Read 8682 times)

Level9Drow

• View Profile
New To Space Lords?...
on: August 01, 2018, 01:10:53 AM
Advice for new players:
1. Don't choose Harec: I know he was the first character featured in the tutorial mission before you went online, and  yea, he looks like Raiden from MGS, but don't use him. Why? Because he has very low health and is fragile and you aren't used to the game enough to realize how to use him. If you do, you will be known as the "Baby Harec" and die a lot using up the teams extra lives.
     I suggest playing Konstantin, Lycus or Alicia: In that order of availability. These characters are far more forgiving of error than glass canon Harec. NOTE: Harec does NOT suck, but is a high skill character. He's actually one of the best characters *coughBRENTcoughWODDYcough* but takes some getting antiquated with.

2. You Have Special Abilities: This isn't just a shooter, each character has unique abilities they can use. I often see new players not using them and just shooting. Many of you may think the game feels hard, but it's much easier if you use your specials.

3. Utilize Punches, Grabs, and Dodges:  If you are in arms reach of an enemy it may be better to engage them in melee combat rather than shooting them an inch away. You have a punch button, grab button and dodge button. Use them and get familiar with them, they are a fundamental part of the game.

4. Names at Death: No that's not another player named Darkeneel'ol, Stinkil'but'el, Sniffydoo'ol, Ltd.Sanchez, Drone evol XT, etc...it's an enemy AI, they have names too. I see a lot of new streams and hear "Are those all players? I think they're players, yea, they have names....wow they suck. I didn't see that character at the select screen, what a dumb name." AI have names to.

5. GET ALEPH!!!!: It's the Spice from Dune, Unuptanium from Avatar, it's what the game is sbout really. And most, not all, missions need you to utilize Aleph in some way relating to the objective. To get Aleph, kill Elite Commanders, Elite Fatties (berserkers), Elite Snipers or enemy players. You will know a target has Aleph if you can see a health bar above their head. Then you use it to do what the objective indicates.

6. Aleph is EXPLOSEVE!!! If you or someone else dies with an Aleph charge then the death will be an explosion. The explosion will damage any allies or enemies near you. If they're near enough, they will dies as well. BUT, don't be afraid, they give you a warning, when you kill an enemy and they fall to their knees screaming and squirming in agony as they begin to glow hotter and hotter with yellow Aleph energy, run away. Stop trying to punch the glowing dying person and run, or you will die next to them. They give you enough time to get out of there. What's out for Aleph explosion trains, one person does in en explosion, the person next to him dies in an explosion and then kills another ally next to them. This happens on elevators a lot. It IS funny though...

EDIT (UPDATE):

7. Invulnerability: When you, or en enemy player, first spawn you are glowing yellow. This means they are invulnerable to damage for a split second. When you, or an enemy player, or an elite AI do a finisher you are invulnerable while doing it. You will notice the same glowing yellow while a finisher is done. You cannot hit or shoot the target who is doing a finisher while they are in the middle of executing an enemy player or Elite AI. They are also invulnerable for a split second after the execution.
      SO, when a person is glowing yellow know that nothing you do hurts them. There are a few exceptions to this rule, but I don;t want to confuse you at this point. Just get away from them for a split second. It's this invulnerability that you saw when the enemy Lycus just jumped in the middle of you and proceeded to execute all of you, because you didn't all spread out when he was invulnerable do he just spammed the grab button while invulnerable which caused him to be invulnerable again and the rest is history.

8. Ammo: I see you level 1 spamming the out of ammo button. I can't give you any, there is no ammo packs either (I can just give you the thumbs up "ok" like everyone else in the group is doing). In order to get ammo you have to execute an enemy with melee combat. Think of it as mugging them and stealing what's in their pockets right when you execute them. You don't get more ammo on respawn. You have to punch people to get ammo. It will let you know you got ammo when you finish an enemy.

That's all I got for now. any of you veterans want to add to this? Please feel free.

EDIT: Let me add this vid as well from Hihasuke:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ooHzJfLvvC8
« Last Edit: August 03, 2018, 07:17:27 PM by Level9Drow »

ArnoldCat

• View Profile
Re: New To Space Lords?...
Reply #1 on: August 01, 2018, 04:57:36 AM
If you rage quit you will earn a soft ban and have to wait about 8-10 min before you can play online again. The ban time will (supposedly) increase the more you quit missions.

Memorise the position on the chart of your favorite character, when you are joining a match place the cursor there before the chart  appears, that way you will have more chanse to select your character before anyone else.

TheBrentWoody

• View Profile
Reply #2 on: August 01, 2018, 05:38:10 AM
I thought I heard my name. Guess not.

Lycus's starting gun is best at kissing distance. Alicia's starting gun usually requires fisticuffs to finish people off. If you wanna shoot bad guys dead, play Konstantim.

When killing an enemy elite you must melee to get the Aleph, you'll also get some I frames to decide what to do next. Take advantage of that brief window to move/plan. Melee manuvers ends it early.

Social_Sin

• View Profile
Reply #3 on: August 01, 2018, 05:47:21 PM
I'm new only level 12 but I don't know what it is about this game that seems to make people forget General video game logic.

Was doing the free daily yesterday and EVERY group I got in (all of which were higher than me) kept shooting at the God damn shield wall.

SHOOT THE GENERATOR! Ya know that big glowing battery at the centre of it's base? Yea shoot that not the shield absorbing all your bullets. It took forever to take it out with Kuzman's little electric gun + avoiding Tag fire and enemy a.i.

There also needs to be a some form off "PUT THE ALEPH IN THE GENERATOR" call out. So tired of having teammates run around with full Aleph not depositing it into whatever device we need to move the mission along while simultaneously shooting every other elite preventing someone with common sense from continuing the mission.

Sorry this was a bit ranty, its a super fun game (aside from the rewards system splitting between player choices but that's whatever) it just feels like everyone I've got a match with has never played a video game before unless they are lvl 100+

Level9Drow

• View Profile
Reply #4 on: August 01, 2018, 05:52:11 PM
Yea I was antagonists in one game with a Lycus who wouldn't get rid of his 5 stack. It was on Short Fused. I didn't even spawn, as I never do as antag, and they almost lost because the Lycus wouldn't use his aleph.

Poetpix

• View Profile
Reply #5 on: February 05, 2019, 07:15:29 AM
Hey guys I'm still new to space lords, tried it on console but now I am on PC too. I have a question about ability cards. Most usually give you a boost in the cards stats when "you have an aleph super boost." What is an aleph super boost? How do I get one? And how do I know I have it?

Derrin Errow

• View Profile
Reply #6 on: February 05, 2019, 03:34:42 PM
An aleph super boost is when you have 5 aleph stacks, the maximum amount you can have

Poetpix

• View Profile
Reply #7 on: February 06, 2019, 06:29:12 AM
Fucking for real?! I always just thought players were being dicks not wanting to progress in the mission. Now I know. Lol and besides bounty hunter mods what's a good way to get gold? Does shooting enemies net me more gold? If anything I seem to be flying through xp ranks because of the card xp boost. Are there card gold boosts? I feel like there should be.

MagpieOAO

• View Profile
Reply #8 on: February 22, 2019, 02:53:15 PM
Fucking for real?! I always just thought players were being dicks not wanting to progress in the mission. Now I know. Lol and besides bounty hunter mods what's a good way to get gold? Does shooting enemies net me more gold? If anything I seem to be flying through xp ranks because of the card xp boost. Are there card gold boosts? I feel like there should be.

I can't see what this is referring to, but I'm curious too. So killing more enemies earns more gold and XP?
But there is a bonus for fewer deaths and quicker time too, within reason. Also finishing raids quicker means getting into new raids faster for potentially more rewards. Especially if you're doing dailies.

Another thing I'd put out there: There are lots of ways you can prevent bosses from doing attacks
For instance when fight Kuzman in upsidown I think it is? Where he has the giant mech, I'd seen the mech get stunned but never knew how until I started shooting it myself. I was under the impression the mech was invincible while Kuzman's head was knocked off, but that wasn't the case and you can, SHOULD, continue to shoot the mech once the head is placed for the hack to keep stunning it, to keep the hack going.

Between that and having to swap terminals, you could theoretically finish in a hack or two if you're on point, rather than having to constantly beat the mech down to get the head to hack for a few seconds before the mech gets it back.
And that's just one example. Marmalade can be shot in the eye to stop his vomit and his hands that set the ground on fire have a pustule pop out you can shoot to stop that too, but that one is at least obviously marked.

Lancer

• "Do what you will, you'll do it anyway"
    • View Profile
Reply #9 on: March 31, 2019, 10:16:19 PM
Besides the bounty hunter stat and generally being great at the game (Getting a high score around 8-10) there are no other ways to get more gold per match, unless you buy gold with moneys