Author Topic: Shy gameplay  (Read 4561 times)

LordDraco3

• View Profile
Shy gameplay
on: July 26, 2018, 08:56:09 AM
As someone who has loved Hive since she came out and enjoy her as one of my mains, I have to say this is now my favorite weapon in the game.

Raider play, Fistful of Sand:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_jEYHj01oJs

Antag play, Enemy Within (vs. Tolchok):
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rSwUuxcte_4
« Last Edit: July 26, 2018, 07:14:02 PM by LordDraco3 »

Level9Drow

• View Profile
Re: Shy gameplay
Reply #1 on: July 26, 2018, 06:53:00 PM
Ugh, this is depressing. I just spent 72k to forge Wasp up last night and here you are showing me this vastly superior weapon.

At least I have some motivation and a carrot on a stick to shoot for. Thanks for the videos, it cleared up a lot of questions I had.

LordDraco3

• View Profile
Reply #2 on: July 26, 2018, 07:12:46 PM
It beats Tolchok! ;D Was excited to fight it in my antag video. I hate antagging Enemy Within, I was... very shocked that I won so early there against such a team.

I am not a fan of Wasp. It has its uses, it can pump out CRAZY damage, but it's just not complementary to Hive's kit because it is very bad at the impregnation that is required for her ability and 95% of her cards.

This was a Wasp crit:

And this is a Hades soldier taking over 420 damage without dying in that same match thanks to a low MMR antag  :-X

Low Blow and Double Agent are good missions to play Wasp, imo.
« Last Edit: July 26, 2018, 07:15:43 PM by LordDraco3 »

Level9Drow

• View Profile
Reply #3 on: July 26, 2018, 08:43:25 PM
Raceme is also not so great against enemy players, but decent against AI. So that leaves her default gun. Man I hope I get Shy tonight. It's good to hear it's a hard counter for Tolchock. So is Javelin but too many Ginebras are enamored by Shleuder.

I have to break down and use Mercury Points to create other load outs for certain characters now. I see it's definitely needed.

LordDraco3

• View Profile
Reply #4 on: July 26, 2018, 09:13:58 PM
I built my Shy:

Caliber- 15
Lethal- 7
Effective- 15

Would be interested to see someone build for Lethal/Effective instead of Caliber/Effective. It has 45% crit chance so it's a crit beast, I wonder what the damage numbers would look like.