Author Topic: Can this turn into a fun community?  (Read 5550 times)

gearedbeast

• View Profile
Can this turn into a fun community?
on: July 23, 2018, 12:22:28 AM
Since there's a update with big ass changes coming very soon, can we take a brake from all the bitching and trying to solve the devs problems and actually talk about something interesting and fun?

Like,  does anyone know how to make memes (I do not), or theories on characters and the world.
Maybe some fun hyperbole for the future of the game. I mean,  who expected an arena mode. I think anything's possible now!

It's just feels like we've been commoners in the king's castle giving advice on how he should run the kingdom while he secretly take notes then goes off to the round table leaving us to bicker and complain. It sucks!

I mean any thread beyond trying to fixi the game would be great.

L E T H A L ☆ C E N T A U R I

• View Profile
Re: Can this turn into a fun community?
Reply #1 on: July 23, 2018, 05:25:14 AM
Since there's a update with big ass changes coming very soon, can we take a brake from all the bitching and trying to solve the devs problems and actually talk about something interesting and fun?

Like,  does anyone know how to make memes (I do not), or theories on characters and the world.
Maybe some fun hyperbole for the future of the game. I mean,  who expected an arena mode. I think anything's possible now!

It's just feels like we've been commoners in the king's castle giving advice on how he should run the kingdom while he secretly take notes then goes off to the round table leaving us to bicker and complain. It sucks!

I mean any thread beyond trying to fixi the game would be great.

I wish it could be too. But people will always bitch and complain.

OoTRIGGAMANoO

• View Profile
Reply #2 on: July 24, 2018, 09:27:55 PM
I love this idea!! What good does it do trashing folks for using certain weapons and the like? There's lots of weapons and characters that can feel cheap if you lose but on the other hand feels super satisfying if you win. Life is hard. So is this game. I wouldn't have either be any different. I say boo to the haters! Suck it up or move on already. This game is too bad ass to be constantly complaining about how good players can kick ass and need to be nerfed to hell and back. Bug fix suggestions, positive gameplay feedback and little to no whining would be a dream come true!

Hihsasuke

• I'll bring the marshmellows!
    • View Profile
Reply #3 on: July 28, 2018, 07:48:56 AM
I agree, I think a community is more than its criticism. The niche references, creativity, and player based contributions are what will make the game thrive. I saw a post where Draco and others were joking about baby Harecs and I absolutely loved it, because it was unique to our experience as fans of this game. I'm definitely a lurker here on the forums but I'm active on youtube in how I try and promote this game.

The criticism that many of the users here have contributed is no doubt leading to the overall betterment of this game, but we've also got to show some love and appreciation too. Also, that fan artwork omg!

Level9Drow

• View Profile
Reply #4 on: July 28, 2018, 07:51:25 PM
Hihsasuke, your poster profile says Newbie, but we all know you are Hero status! I learned much of what I have from your videos. They're great. And I crack up every time I hear, "I tried to tell you boy."

Hihsasuke

• I'll bring the marshmellows!
    • View Profile
Reply #5 on: July 29, 2018, 03:46:36 AM
Drew that's awesome, I didn't know you knew my channel. You guys here on the forum are what make this game better, I read your guys posts all the time while I'm at Uni.

Level9Drow

• View Profile
Reply #6 on: July 30, 2018, 08:19:04 AM
Fuck yea, I learned how to play Smoking Daisy Alicia by watching your channel. I didn't know half the things you could do with her before watching you play her on some of the videos you made months ago before Hades Betrayal. 

B30

• I stopped playing
    • View Profile
Reply #7 on: July 30, 2018, 10:37:56 AM
Don't we have a fun community, already?

Two planets meet. The Broken Planet moans to the other: “Can you believe it, I’ve got humans!”
The other one cheers him up: “Don’t worry, it will pass soon.”

gearedbeast

• View Profile
Reply #8 on: July 30, 2018, 02:39:58 PM

Two planets meet. The Broken Planet moans to the other: “Can you believe it, I’ve got humans!”
If there's more terrible jokes like this then yeah, we totally got a gun community.
Now I'm inspired to come up with Raiders... I mean Spacelords jokes

B30

• I stopped playing
    • View Profile
Reply #9 on: July 30, 2018, 02:57:59 PM

If there's more terrible jokes like this then yeah, we totally got a gun community.
Now I'm inspired to come up with Raiders... I mean Spacelords jokes
LOL

TheBrentWoody

• View Profile
Reply #10 on: July 30, 2018, 06:22:42 PM
Yeah. We've always been fun. We just also like to bitch.

XjabberwockieX

• View Profile
Reply #11 on: July 31, 2018, 01:29:26 AM
Yeah. We've always been fun. We just also like to bitch.

+1