Author Topic: This guy won with the NOVERA against the R&R  (Read 8225 times)

Level9Drow

• View Profile
This guy won with the NOVERA against the R&R
on: July 21, 2018, 03:06:19 AM
Well, this was a big surprise for me. Mad respect for this dude. I know he's high enough to forge it to. I wonder why he didn't sellout like all the other Alicias.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fjOBYM3nqRE

OoTRIGGAMANoO

• View Profile
Re: This guy won with the NOVERA against the R&R
Reply #1 on: July 24, 2018, 09:37:36 PM
Is this you shaming folks into not playing how they want to again? Sounds like it. Doesn't this prove that R&R is just another weapon now? I like the way the gun looks. The sound is annoying and I dislike how the trails take up so much of the screen but I still like the look of it enough to not mind the rest. I bested an Alicia R&R Antag twice last night. Once with R&R myself, and the next with Mikah and the VK9. It's not nearly as difficult as you make it seem. So shame on you for shaming fellow gamers... In the end all I want is for everyone to just sit back and enjoy this masterpiece of gaming. Whatever they wanna call it.

Level9Drow

• View Profile
Reply #2 on: July 24, 2018, 10:37:10 PM
The numbers, Triggerman, the numbers and statistical data will tell the truth. Let's not argue on this anymore and let the devs read their win rates and their collected data, and then we'll see what happens with the R&R (and maybe even the Tolchock) when the Space Lords patch drops on the 23rd. When, and not if, it gets nerfed, please do not complain and realize that this was not because of anything you or I said, but because of the data that backs up my hypothesis. Right now it's only a guess, on the 23rd I may be vindicated and will have won the "game".

LordDraco3

• View Profile
Reply #3 on: July 24, 2018, 10:54:22 PM
"I complained enough until I got my way and now the game is nerfed"
OK

I didn't watch the whole thing but I saw that guy poppin single-digit numbers from EVERY SHOT of the Novera. Looks like kills came from melee or mobs. MMR was 31% so the map did the work for him.

You've really convinced me to take off my own R&R and put on the Novera here, since only true gaming masters play with guns that deal single-digit numbers. Hold on while I go drop my MMR down to 30%. (I noticed we didn't get to the rewards screen to see the difference between antag MMR and Raider MMR)

EDIT: Nevermind I did watch through it. Yeah I was right, almost every kill was melee or put down by the AI support, or a mixture of both. He had a LOT of help, the novera itself contributed very little to this win, so this entire thread is kinda null and void. There were a couple of kills that came from landing a couple of up-close crits, but the vast majority of shots were just tickling the raiders.
« Last Edit: July 24, 2018, 11:04:11 PM by LordDraco3 »

LordDraco3

• View Profile
Reply #4 on: July 24, 2018, 11:05:19 PM
Show me the video of a guy winning with the Novera at 60-70% MMR.

Except that video doesn't exist.

Level9Drow

• View Profile
Reply #5 on: July 24, 2018, 11:33:24 PM
No I was just impressed, dude. that doesn't mean the Novera is any good. Also, Council Apocalypse and the new Space Lords reveal changed a lot for me.
    If they DON'T nerf the R&R I will just eat my words and wear the egg on my face, but then cheerfully dive into the new game. I think my excitement for the totality of the game has eclipsed my disdain for the R&R. There is simply too many positives that I see to get stuck on it. I still get rolled by it, and I still might give up when I see an R&R Antag, i haven't been lately and I keep asking myself why I didn't. I need to stop being stubborn and just contribute to her win rate so as to add to the devs data, that's the BEST way to fight the gun.
   But I digress. I was just saying that I was impressed that he chose NOT to use the R&R, not that the Novera was any good. I always respect an ass beating by people playing characters that are unconventional or not the easy ones. Like Harec, Sympathee's Harec is amazing. He impressed us last night. The logic goes that in our current situation where the easiest way is the R&R, and if it is assumed that like me you feel it's OP, then it's commendable to see people, especially Alicia's, not using it.
« Last Edit: July 24, 2018, 11:35:23 PM by Level9Drow »

OoTRIGGAMANoO

• View Profile
Reply #6 on: July 25, 2018, 01:42:38 AM
Ok so... I'm hearing that you're willing to intentionally lose to her and R&R to pad numbers so devs see her as OP. I don't think unloading entire clips and still not getting a crawl outta someone or an elite is OP when a couple headshots with VK9 can do extreme damage. Harder to place the hits yes, but not that much. I know you realize this game rewards you for beating these maps in a timely fashion. So you must realize nerfing anything at all is going to lessen your rewards, my rewards, every ones rewards. Don't you? I just can't help but feel you hate Antags in general and that I'd put money on them never ever getting rid of. Its like the basis of the game and will be even more so with Space Lords from what I've gathered. Although I do spend more time playing the game than looking for info or ways to make it suck for other people, so I do miss some things. Xoxo

Level9Drow

• View Profile
Reply #7 on: July 25, 2018, 02:00:43 AM
It's a battle. I try and do my part.
Snark aside, I'm sure they have more than enough numbers. They wouldn't need mine, because I still see Alicia Antags. And they usually always win. And look at my post, Triggerman, I say I am stubborn and actually try. So despite my saying that I should just give up more often, my numbers are, for the most part, honest.
    But I have to digress for a moment. The game will be changing so much. I don't know what this means, so I've been reluctant to drag on the case against R&R lately. Also, it's hard to focus on that in light of the big reveals. They are also saying Hive's gun Shy is a hard counter to Alicia and R&R. I'm not sure this is true, we'll see.

greencram

• View Profile
Reply #8 on: September 19, 2018, 11:52:47 PM
After reading all threads I wonder now if there are any good weapon except R&R and NOVERA for alicia. I didn't see gameplay video about smoking daisy.

Level9Drow

• View Profile
Reply #9 on: September 19, 2018, 11:54:58 PM
After reading all threads I wonder now if there are any good weapon except R&R and NOVA for alicia. I didn't see gameplay video about smoking daisy.

R&R is still good, even after the nerf. It's just not OP. Smoking Daisy is good as well and technically hits for more damage than R&R now with it's slower shorter shots and cartridges.

Tekato

• View Profile
Reply #10 on: September 20, 2018, 12:09:22 AM
Tbh there's so many weapons that can 1-2 shot players nerfing just R&R seems kinda pointless.

Level9Drow

• View Profile
Reply #11 on: September 20, 2018, 12:15:31 AM
Tbh there's so many weapons that can 1-2 shot players nerfing just R&R seems kinda pointless.

No you can 2 shot with it NOW. It used to one shot people at maximum distance. You also have to take into consideration Rate of Fire, Range and spread. Sure, other weapons can one or two shot, but they are balanced by a really low RoF or you have to be really precise.

Smoking Daisy can one shot wound with a cartridge, but you can only unload one. Harec can one shot kill but has to reload each time and aim well. Doldren has to get head shots. Shae has to lock on. Etc... old R&R you would just shoot in the general direction of the screen and hold down the button and fire 3 shots in one second, the fist wounding the following killing. In other words, there's no skill or balance. But it's been nerfed now.

greencram

• View Profile
Reply #12 on: September 20, 2018, 12:20:07 AM
But is the NOVERA still trash ?

Level9Drow

• View Profile
Reply #13 on: September 20, 2018, 12:25:47 AM
But is the NOVERA still trash ?

OH!!! Yea, it's total trash. Sorry.

greencram