Author Topic: Passive skills  (Read 7700 times)

Ilovett74

• View Profile
Passive skills
on: July 14, 2018, 07:17:36 PM
I'm at a level 280, yet my passive skills haven't  changed  in about 100 levels

tooeasy

• View Profile
Re: Passive skills
Reply #1 on: July 14, 2018, 07:29:39 PM
max is: 51%, 33%, 50%

LordDraco3

• View Profile
Reply #2 on: July 14, 2018, 08:24:04 PM
Yeah they cap out.

They have had their max values reduced about 2 times since introduced, so far. First reduction was because high levels were able to 1-punch Local players (and nearly Wardogs) with a single strike, second reduction was when they buffed all the cards because they wanted player build choice to matter more than just passive level strength.

Lots of posts complain about passives existing in general, or thinking that a level 400 is just gonna destroy a level 20 because of "stats" without realizing things like this :) Basically, beyond level 150, levels are just fluff, there's no functional gameplay difference. Some of us believe they might raise the forge ceiling though with Council Apocalypse. I heard that when they debuted Wisdom, they gave it to the streamer at a higher forge level than 25.

Deathprize

• View Profile
Reply #3 on: July 14, 2018, 09:56:58 PM
I really hope they don't increase the forge level as this would be the second time all of the original players have to collect all the blueprints. Plus how much gold would each cost if they went to level 50 forge or something. You would have to grind for a week or so just to build one at that point.

LordDraco3

• View Profile
Reply #4 on: July 14, 2018, 11:04:01 PM
reward rates need to be adjusted, or at least the gold we get per level up needs to be upped

L E T H A L ☆ C E N T A U R I

• View Profile
Reply #5 on: July 14, 2018, 11:18:51 PM
reward rates need to be adjusted, or at least the gold we get per level up needs to be upped

They need to get rid of the "sharing" bullshit. It has no reason to exist at all.

Power Penguin

• View Profile
Reply #6 on: July 14, 2018, 11:50:21 PM
Hope passives get replaced with something you actually play with.

Lucifuge

• View Profile
Reply #7 on: July 15, 2018, 12:18:23 AM
They need to get rid of the "sharing" bullshit. It has no reason to exist at all.
I can agree that sharing blueprint is kinda stupid, since you dont get a gun as phisical item and should be able to make a copy of blueprint.
Sharing money/faction points is actually justifiable, coz you cant copy coins or contribution points and its up to team members to decide what they want.

I think it would be good to get rid of faction points segregation, coz of situations when someone picks char you need FP for and others from same factioin wont go well for that mission or you dont like them or have obsolete weapons atm.
And make blueprints for all team members or rename it to "weapon part" or whatever so it goes along with 1 item per team, but in that case player who lost the lottery should not leave emptyhanded

L E T H A L ☆ C E N T A U R I

• View Profile
Reply #8 on: July 15, 2018, 12:44:23 AM
I can agree that sharing blueprint is kinda stupid, since you dont get a gun as phisical item and should be able to make a copy of blueprint.
Sharing money/faction points is actually justifiable, coz you cant copy coins or contribution points and its up to team members to decide what they want.

idk about that because if you get like 1800 gold and you click on it, everyone should get that whole amount. like why does it have to be split?

Lucifuge

• View Profile
Reply #9 on: July 15, 2018, 12:57:34 AM

idk about that because if you get like 1800 gold and you click on it, everyone should get that whole amount. like why does it have to be split?
Here is stupid analogy:
You and 3 buddies robbed a bank and got a mil in cash, thumb drive with info about building some stuff. Faction point would be some sort of respect from your group, so you give up your take and get respected for that.
Simple enough?

tooeasy

• View Profile
Reply #10 on: July 15, 2018, 02:10:56 AM

Here is stupid analogy:
You and 3 buddies robbed a bank and got a mil in cash, thumb drive with info about building some stuff. Faction point would be some sort of respect from your group, so you give up your take and get respected for that.
Simple enough?
It's not a bank, it's a game, and the right reward for playing should be a must. Don't confuse a bank with a game, too many differences, first of all first is real, second not. Now it's harder to find an example where there's another game with a similar reward system, ah?

Kyavara

• View Profile
Reply #11 on: July 15, 2018, 09:43:06 AM
      You re right .  When your build is done you are looking for gold. Gold is the most usefull reward to get weapon  and new expansive raiders. You will never have to buy a skill who cost 380 000 or 180 000 faction point but you can buy in gold character like that. That is why at the end you can found all players taking gold and earn only near 2000 gold or less. I think it could be a very good thing to incrise gold you earn at the end of the game. And it is hight time since you erase coupon so we cannot invite  and it impossible to 5000 gold anymore . Thx alot for this change.

TheBrentWoody

• View Profile
Reply #12 on: July 15, 2018, 05:17:25 PM
@tooeasy all games/life/everything is based on economic principles. Developers have a cost/time expectation that is set for you to spend x amount of time playing to purchase y,  This is the same in most games, and there are always some quick money schemes in games so that you can bridge that distance more quickly, but don't be fooled that the analogy is off.  They are willing to introduce x money into the economy per match, and they don't care how you split it.

tooeasy

• View Profile
Reply #13 on: July 15, 2018, 06:58:03 PM
@TheBrentWoody well the problem of the analogies is that they are always incomplete. For example in a bank robbery i could have a part of gold, a part of faction points and i could have the project all together, not only one of them; also i could do something similar the italian job style, so i could have everything, so let the reality be out of this discussion... i surely don't want devs work without reward, but this is a very complicated argument. Take fortnite for example, everything is free, but remains the game with the highest earnings in the videogames history thanks the possibility to buy costumes. That game will die, surely, but everything does, and it will do after a great life, something this game isn't doing... when you do a game, the business mode, the price, the economy, the shop are all part of the game, so if the game is wonderful but these things are bad, you made something wrong, cause the satisfaction pays, the frustration doesn't. This game has a lot of frustration cause these wrong choices, and the players who left the game are the proof, who open a topic is a proof. How many topics opened in this forum are like "i'm frustrated"? A lot! How many posts are like "think at the devs" (like the yours)? A bit. But how many are "i love this game?" Zero, i didn't see 1 topic where a player says "i love everything of this game, i want to buy everything cause i want devs continue in this project!" (which is what fortnite does). This game isn't free, remember this, and his total cost is similar to a complete game (but gives less hours of entertainment) so there are a lot of incoherent things like; why have f2p business model (not the best model...) if the game is buy to play? You want the longevity? You should separate the things cause if i want the chaos between what i buy and what i have to grind (heavily...) i would play BDO which costs a quarter and entartain a lot more, with a bigger world (open world) and more variability. You play this game for you not for the devs, and you play a game for the satisfaction of playing, normally you don't play something frustrating. I said in another topic that paragon teached to epic games something bad cause the game died, and it died cause the player base became more little update after update. Here the point isn't "devs have to work free", cause compensation isn't so direct (see fortnite again) and cause who is going to lose most are the devs; i can change the game to play, but they did a lot of work (years), so you (dev) have to think a lot on what moves do, and they didn't cause this forum tells clearly "your work wasn't the best, you didn't do the first thing you have to do; let me live the satisfaction when i play your game". If you don't do this, you can't pretend anything but the run of the player base. Warframe is more suitable than this game in terms of rewards and has a great success, they could simply copy the model but they can't cause this game is pvp and warframe is pve, this pvp is unbalanceable and like the pvp also the model is unbalanced. Shouldn't be better a model where faction points don't exist (cause gold is the problem 90% of the times), or if this faction points should be bought with gold and the gold is earned indipendently by the number of players (like warframe)? Why should i must play with other three players if i know i have to divide the reward with them all? If i would play a stage in a party of 2 or 3 i can't (in a bank robbery i could...). It should be better for the player, and the same for the devs, if at the end of the stage i'm sure about my earnings (like in solo mode). Also, Destiny lost a lot cause its heavy rng, and it damaged the players and the devs, so it was a bad choice. Here is the same, it's all about bad choices (for everyone). All the games pay linearly the player for his performance, the time spent and bonus or rng. I don't see why this game shouldn't do it in the same way (the right way). This game will teach something to the devs in the future, but see the past and other cases could help anyway on what this game is teaching, and try to let the game teach something good should be my (dev) first objective, cause a failure doesn't pay me for the time and the energy i spent working on the game.

TheBrentWoody

• View Profile
Reply #14 on: July 15, 2018, 07:20:39 PM
I was explaining it, not justifying it.