Author Topic: Advice on playing as Iune  (Read 7697 times)

dowell_jason

• View Profile
Advice on playing as Iune
on: July 12, 2018, 08:50:45 PM
Just unlocked her and not a fan of most of the sniper class types but I do like being able to heal and help others as a support class. Which is how I see to play her I seem to be mid range at best to kind of long range. I understand the Aleph charge timer but I dont feel I do alot of damage which, I only have the starter weapon for now. I get the concept of charming the enemy with grapple which is great but I dont know how many I can charge and it seems to confuse my teammates when I do this. Just looking for any advice or tips etc.. Thanks in advance

LordDraco3

• View Profile
Re: Advice on playing as Iune
Reply #1 on: July 12, 2018, 09:26:35 PM
her first weapon isn't all that great until it's upgraded, but all of her other weapons are generally going to be better.

When I played with Last Wish as a farming weapon, I mostly just shot as support, stealth killed elites, and kept my eyes open to heal.

She's an awesome character though. Put Abnegation or Stoicism on her ASAP to improve her survivability. I personally prefer stoicism for her. Vortex is a great crowd control weapon, Sigh can stunlock things if you use the harmony card, Wisdom deals AoE explosions on headshots but it was recently nerfed.

dowell_jason

• View Profile
Reply #2 on: July 12, 2018, 09:32:15 PM
Thanks Lorddraco 3 for the advice on builds and such. If I understood everything than I am have the concept of her being correct as crowdish control/healer. Thanks again.

LordDraco3

• View Profile
Reply #3 on: July 12, 2018, 10:05:10 PM
Pretty much. Her basic weapon, when built for damage, can do some really high burst-DPS, then you wait for it to recharge. It has no recoil, high crit damage, you just can't sustain fire with it due to the meter mechanic, without using certain cards that keep the meter up. I'm personally a fan of the Vortex the most, it's just a fun gun. Every shot deals AoE explosions, and has a special shot that sucks up everyone in a wide area like a black hole. Pretty much like Itzal from Warframe. So Vortex shot+empty your clip into the group, does very well.

dowell_jason

• View Profile
Reply #4 on: July 13, 2018, 01:13:04 AM
Also to ask another question. Has anyone figured out the max mobs you can charm with her? I think 2 is most ive seen.

ArnoldCat

• View Profile
Reply #5 on: July 13, 2018, 01:20:11 AM
Also to ask another question. Has anyone figured out the max mobs you can charm with her? I think 2 is most ive seen.

only one, as soon you charm another mob the first one die.

At least is what i see playing as her.

TheBrentWoody

• View Profile
Reply #6 on: July 13, 2018, 01:50:23 AM
Yeah, just 1 mob.  That is all. Use Stoicism/Harmony it's the simplest to maintain and Harmony makes all her guns drastically more effective (unless you wanna go straight heals, then go with Vortex you can still use it by itself.) Sigh needs Harmony to stunlock with, and they're great together.  And of course Wisdom will fire faster with higher aleph pressure if you're ccing with that.  So, get any of her non starting weapons and go to town. She is among my favorites.  I think Harec is currently winning tho, since they nerfed Wisdom :(

dowell_jason

• View Profile
Reply #7 on: July 13, 2018, 03:54:51 AM
Thanks everyone

Level9Drow

• View Profile
Reply #8 on: July 13, 2018, 08:17:42 PM
Yea I use her with the weapon Sigh with the cool down card, Harmony? And Mysticism so my first shots hurt. And keep antags stun locked for my allies, it gives them a chance to win against antag or elites, sunning them out of CQC or if your ally is wounded you keep them off them until they can recover.

I generally stay far and watch them while picking off enemies around them. Even if you don't kill the enemy outright, you keep them stunned so you allies can realize they are there or have enough time to recover from being wounded.

I always try to have a charmed mook around as he takes aggro away as well.

TheBrentWoody

• View Profile
Reply #9 on: July 13, 2018, 09:37:15 PM
Drow, switch mystical concentration to Stoicism.  Stoicism -is- the most important Iune card.

Level9Drow

• View Profile
Reply #10 on: July 13, 2018, 09:43:23 PM
Well I won't argue with someone who has an Iune avatar.

Thank you sir!!!