Author Topic: Best weapon for each character?  (Read 22818 times)

b3lTar

• View Profile
Best weapon for each character?
on: June 24, 2018, 05:36:14 PM
I searched a bit and I couldnt find anything related to weapon meta, im kind of new to the game but i see that there is only one viable weapon for each character. Can you guys help me (and everyone else that reads this post) making a list that contains these Character -> Weapon.

I usually pick Lycus, and the only weapon i trust is the pepper pot.

I see that anyone picking Alicia has R&R (but someone said something about a bug in another post)

XjabberwockieX

• View Profile
Re: Best weapon for each character?
Reply #1 on: June 24, 2018, 06:15:27 PM
Im not going to make a list at this moment but rest assured there is definitely more than one viable weapon for most of the characters. Some raiders' have guns and loadouts more suited to dealing damage to bosses, while other weapons in their arsenal clear out grunts. It all boils down to playstyle really and Mercurysteam has really given players alot of freedom in choosing the way they want to use their raider. Experimenting with the different weapons is fun because they really do feel and handle differently from one gun to the next.

LordDraco3

• View Profile
Reply #2 on: June 24, 2018, 08:20:53 PM
What Jab said. There's plenty of characters with multiple viable weapons, but also characters with only 1 good weapon. Mostly just depends on your play style.

All of Lycus' guns are good at max stats. Dolores always sucks due to range, but can still hit like a truck in CQC.

Alicia's only good gun IS the R&R. It is currently glitched which makes it way stronger than it should be, but even once they fix it, her other 3 guns are some of the worst weapons in the entire game, so R&R will continue to be used. I hope to god they buff her other weapons rather than just nerf the hell out of R&R to appease the whiners that can't separate "this gun is killing me due to a glitch that can TRIPLE THE DAMAGE" and "this gun is truly OP" because it's really not OP if it works correctly.

All of Mikah's guns are viable depending on play style

Kuz's Lichtbogen is the de facto reason to use him, but Light Horizon is powerful single target damage and good healing support. Ingrid can dish out damage too and has some anti-CQC pushing.

All of Kon's guns are good except Shtorm. That is one of the worst guns in the entire game.

Harec's all good depending on your play style, but Ignis or Ferox tend to be the two best choices.

Shae's Dagan is good in pvp, Focus good pve and pvp, Phax hits crazy strong but slow, Light Pulse is shit don't bother building it.

All of Iune's are good depending on play style.

Doldren's KLT is generally best but his other guns aren't bad.

Loaht depends on play style. And Rak. And Hive, all of her weapons are radically different so build them all. I personally dislike Wasp, others love it. Her default is my fave as it plays into her cards and abilities the best.

Hans Rimbaud and K8 are both good. Avoid USU and Warm.

Ayana's all good for different things. Same for Schneider.

Ginebra's Schleuder is by FAR her best, but a maxed out S.Bogen or J.Wheel can really push shit around, and Javelin is pretty much a sniper crossbow. Not bad, but Schleuder is just that good.

b3lTar

• View Profile
Reply #3 on: June 24, 2018, 08:57:11 PM
Thanks for the quick reply, I'm sure these will help a lot of people

Shadow

• View Profile
Reply #4 on: June 25, 2018, 06:42:41 PM
Ferox is the beat weapon for Harecs..

Level9Drow

• View Profile
Reply #5 on: June 25, 2018, 07:25:47 PM
It also depends on if you are using the character as an Antagonists of a Raider. It also depends on what cards you are using in conjunction with the weapon. I don't think there is a clear idea of what the best weapons are, but there is a clear idea of what the worst weapons are. I will add to that list:

Harec: all of Harecs weapons are good, none of them suck and have different uses and strengths.

Shae: I don't know enough and have never really played her. Perhaps someone more experienced with her could comment.

Doldren: His sub machine gun sucks. Don't use it. Default and Bloody Marry are better.

Iune: Her default sucks. All 3 of her other weapons is when she really begins as a unique character. Sigh and Vortex are good as support weapons when you are a raider. Wisdom is great as an Antagonists and crowd clearing.

Alicia: All her guns suck, except Rock & Roll, which is overpowered right now. Smoking Daisy can be good in very skillful hands, but R&R makes all her other guns obsolete.

Laoht: Dragee and Bubblegum suck, especially bubblegum. Just use Popcorns or Cookie.

H.I.V.E.: All her guns are good, none of them really suck.

Rak: No idea, don't even own him yet. Someone else may be able to answer this.

Lycus: I actually never really played him. I heard Peper Pot is the best, but I've never heard of any of his guns sucking.

Hans: I also, surprisingly, never really played Hans. But I've never heard of any of his guns sucking. Maybe someone else could comment.

Mika: Same, I'm not a big Hades Division fan. Perhaps someone else can comment.

Schneider: Again, Hades Division. No idea.

Konstantin: Non of his guns suck, but his best is clearly Tolchock.

Kuzman: Default is the weakist, but I wouldn't say it sucks. All of his guns are useful in some way.

Ginebra: There are only two guns anyone ever use with her, Schleuder or Javalin. The other two are too TOO situational to be consistently useful. To me they suck.

zeroisnine

• View Profile
Reply #6 on: October 11, 2018, 04:35:37 AM
Great thread!

B30

• I stopped playing
    • View Profile
Reply #7 on: October 11, 2018, 10:43:07 AM
HANS
• MPFA Rimbaud (default): Good (good damage generator - he, he)
• Heaven's Bane K8: Good (great damage too; good for antaging too)
• Ansgar "Aarm" MM1 (rare): Good for slow and stationary enemies (bosses)
• USU 21: his worst weapon; avoid this one and rather use one of the other three

RAK
• DPY-2M (rare): Good; probably his best weapon (good damage)
• Shepherd (default): Good (keep in mind it's a spread weapon)
• The Hatchet: his worst weapon; avoid this one (could be good, if MSE gives a range buff)

Jenetikz

• View Profile
Reply #8 on: October 24, 2018, 04:02:53 AM
Ayana Kwena

(Samuel L Jackson voice) The Maklilum. the very best there is. When you absolutely, positively got to kill every motherfucker in the room, accept no substitutes.

L E T H A L ☆ C E N T A U R I

• View Profile
Reply #9 on: October 26, 2018, 11:29:29 PM
Schneider depends on the situation:
The Coolest - Normal everyday shooting. 500 bullets - not too facemelting but it can still do great damage for a base gun. Its excellent if you're doing The Mouse and the Snake and trying to shoot Valeria.

Rain of Fire - See The Coolest. It's a bit weaker since its nerfs but it shoots long after you stop in one area if you leave it alone.

Yama Boom Boom - Basically a rocket launcher for bosses. It's slow to shoot but it's SUPER strong and can kill in one shot if aimed well. (even yourself) It has splash damage too so you can wipe out many enemies in one go! Try it on the gunships part on Hanging By A Thread. It can take out all the wardogs coming down from the drop ships in one single shot if it's forged strong enough.

Killerball - It's for mobs, creating space and basic crowd control. Another super strong weapon ( It's the only gun without friendly fire. So you won't hurt yourself. ) The balls can be pretty unpredictable and can bounce for a long distance. So try to be super careful if your trying to only lightly damage an elite. You often will kill them by accident. So, it's best to keep the drone farther away from them so all of the balls wont' mow them down all at once.