Author Topic: Shy  (Read 2540 times)

NinMug

• View Profile
Shy
on: January 31, 2019, 09:00:55 PM
Please revert some Shy nerfs. Five nerfs(or more) is too much.  Instead of nerfing the strong tools maybe we need improve the weak tools?
Most players in discord agree with this, she was completely fine and dont deserve this nerf.  :'(

LordDraco3

• View Profile
Re: Shy
Reply #1 on: January 31, 2019, 09:24:24 PM
+1 +1 +1 +1 +1 +1 +1 +1 +1 +1

I don't see how Tolchok has gone 8 months since release without removing "infinite stunlock until you are dead" but Shy has been nerfed into the garbage can basically from the moment it was put into the game.
It can't even infect the Short Fused tank gunners anymore, because it had the "splash" effect removed. The big fat bullet made sense to be working as intended, but now it just collides with things (the tank's shield geometry) and doesn't infect the target. Shoots slower rate of fire than nay other gun, has 3 bullets, possibly the longest reload in the game, had splash effect removed and damage lowered. It will now sit and collect dust along with Wisdom, another gun with a good concept that was nerfed too hard and is no longer viable.

MSE_Karen

• Community Manager with thick Spanish accent
  • MercurySteam
  • Cat whisperer
    • View Profile
Reply #2 on: February 01, 2019, 05:48:38 PM
Hi guys,

Shy has been reduced on damage and cadence because the team considered it was too poweful compared to the other weapons.

The purpose of these changes is giving Shy more personality, encouraging players to use it as a sniper but, at the same time, it's a way to justify the use of the shield by running and getting closer to the enemies.

Power Penguin

• View Profile
Reply #3 on: February 01, 2019, 10:17:30 PM
So you just made it really bad. That doesn't seem very fun.

ILViNIL

• View Profile
Reply #4 on: February 02, 2019, 09:12:56 AM
Shy was the best gun on hive for antagonist now you may as well not play her as antagonist.

Whitebleidd

• View Profile
Reply #5 on: February 02, 2019, 04:35:47 PM
I have to disagree if the intent was to make them unique, it never even crossed my mind that would be an issue, all that comes from this is ppl stop using them and this goes for many of the weapons that have been nerfed to the ground, not only Shy, weapons that were a lot of fun, and at the end of the day isn’t that why we are here.

It can't even infect the Short Fused tank gunners anymore, because it had the "splash" effect removed.

I’m not sure that’s only a shy issue since I’ve noticed changes like this on her other weapons, I also had the nasty surprise of finding out Hive’s daughters can no longer damage mines, she can now only damage them with direct fire, at least using Wasp and Shy, didn’t test the others, but it looks like this update has messed up Hive considerably.