Author Topic: Developer Appreciation Thread!  (Read 9042 times)

BeertheBrad

• View Profile
Developer Appreciation Thread!
on: June 20, 2018, 08:29:46 PM
You can't throw a rock in these forums without hitting a dozen complaints about nerf this or change that. I'm sure as a Developer they feel very unappreciated, so I want to throw a little love their way.

Just consider what they have done so far...

16 completely different missions
15, soon to be 16(Rak)
65 distinct weapons
A ton of cards that really impact the game(I'm sure Draco or Drow have the number)
And a completely unique Antagonist feature

That being said, there are some issues, but they are listening and working to resolve them. THEY ARE LISTENING TO THE FORUMS!!! The fact that comments in this forum impact the game is amazing!!!!

Let's show the Devs that even though we complain, we care. Share what you love about this badass game.

LordDraco3

• View Profile
Re: Developer Appreciation Thread!
Reply #1 on: June 20, 2018, 09:19:39 PM
When I started I used to tell people I had a love/hate relationship with the game. It is definitely more love now, than it used to be, or I wouldn't have countless hours on it! (that PS4 does not measure -_-)

Issa good game and just keeps getting better. It might have bugs here or there, which all games have, especially ones that are constantly evolving like this, or balancing issues, but no one can deny it is better today than it was 6 months ago.

Level9Drow

• View Profile
Reply #2 on: June 20, 2018, 09:33:59 PM
And a really deep customization system of cards and weapon types that can make possible a diverse amount of possibilities, two player who play the same characters could play them in very different ways and their iterations and effect on the battlefield could be very different.

Also, what a breath of fresh air in the world of hero shooters. All of them are T for Teen and this one is rated M and isn't another Pixar game that cucks to Feminism and the Anita Sarkesian cult. Heroic men can be muscular and badass, heroic women can be sexy and athletic, it's ok to not be unhealthy.

And who doesn't love Mad max, Borderlands, gorillaz, Gears of War, brawler games with a dash of anime? The style and aesthetics is actually what drew me in and away from Overwatch.

And in a world predominated by mindless Battle royales and PvP it's nice to have some multi-player PvE with actual meaning, direction and story-line implemented into the game mechanics. It's definitely not a game for normies who play CoD and Paladins.

EDIT: i'd like to remind all of the detractors of the game also; MSE really do listen and make updates heavily based on community feedback. This is historically evident. They may not do it as fast as a HUGE developer, but they do it.
« Last Edit: June 20, 2018, 09:54:52 PM by Level9Drow »

Shadow

• View Profile
Reply #3 on: June 20, 2018, 09:53:25 PM
This game is non stop action... waiting for final mission. :)

B30

• I stopped playing
    • View Profile
Reply #4 on: June 20, 2018, 10:19:13 PM
This game is non stop action... waiting for final mission. :)

Hopefully it will not be the final mission, but only the end of season 1,  and many more to come.  :)
And of course, it's a great game (with a few issues here and there)!

TheBrentWoody

• View Profile
Reply #5 on: June 21, 2018, 12:57:01 PM
I don't even...wha... Not the place.

So yeah, it's a great game.  I spend some time playing it.  It is a moderate obsession of mine. I appreciate the game and the input the community has in the progressive changes that are made.

gearedbeast

• View Profile
Reply #6 on: June 21, 2018, 02:22:38 PM
I'll give 'em credit for working with their community. That's bold and few (if any at all) would ever do this. They're listening and doing stuff about things and that's something to acknowledge.
I also, love the art, designs, and characters. Looking forward to the next comic.

MSE_Meta

• MercurySteam Developer
    • View Profile
Reply #7 on: June 21, 2018, 06:47:25 PM
Hey there!

In the name of our team: thanks a lot for your kind words, we really appreciate them :)
We'll keep working on improving the game, fixing and tweaking stuff, listening to your feedback and bringing new content so you can keep enjoying it.

See you in the Broken Planet!

MSE_Hellath

• PR Manager
  • MercurySteam
    • View Profile
Reply #8 on: June 21, 2018, 07:57:53 PM
Thanks all of you for the kind comments. It really means a lot to us to read that all the effort and enthusiasm we put behind the game is appreciated. And the best is still to come!

MSE_Karen

• Community Manager with thick Spanish accent
  • MercurySteam
  • Cat whisperer
    • View Profile
Reply #9 on: June 22, 2018, 10:59:28 AM
Wow...thank you very much, guys! I can't tell you how much the development team appreciates these words, they are inspiring <3

DRKLORD36

• View Profile
Reply #10 on: June 23, 2018, 03:12:36 AM
Been playing since day and love game but not its just hate i thought i could never have for game raiders heath suck and pve its just all mess up. so good job but i'm done with you and your game

Oxnardo

• View Profile
Reply #11 on: June 23, 2018, 03:33:27 AM
I appreciate the creativity regarding the weapons' designs, and I mean this for both visuals and mechanics, I like a lot the fact that they are being creative enough to make a lot of varied guns without coming up with nonsense like bows/arrows or boomerangs, which happens in a lot of games.

Power Penguin

• View Profile
Reply #12 on: June 23, 2018, 03:59:54 AM
Gotta respect the creativity and uniqueness of the game. There certainly isn't anything like this out there. Hope the game keeps improving. Much love to the dev team even though sometime you make me want to pull my hair out.

Skyline

• View Profile
Reply #13 on: June 23, 2018, 04:22:26 PM
Not Agree with all those ppls ; For what you say all those words,Developers even cant fix ONE Gun. The remarkable ideas - silly realization and inability to fix bugs / nerf broken things.
I play almost 4 weeks this game (not anymore) and whot i see-they only talk on forum,add ugly skin ,another broken weapon-Wisdom and now new character (well-ballanced? -bullshit ) I just talk about whot i see.Tells "thanks"for this ,- hypocrisy.

Power Penguin

• View Profile
Reply #14 on: June 23, 2018, 09:06:19 PM
Not Agree with all those ppls ; For what you say all those words,Developers even cant fix ONE Gun. The remarkable ideas - silly realization and inability to fix bugs / nerf broken things.
I play almost 4 weeks this game (not anymore) and whot i see-they only talk on forum,add ugly skin ,another broken weapon-Wisdom and now new character (well-ballanced? -bullshit ) I just talk about whot i see.Tells "thanks"for this ,- hypocrisy.

Well yeah it's called a developer appreciation thread for a reason not a bitch and moan thread. We do that enough as it is.