Author Topic: New update issues  (Read 2813 times)

ExFiftyOne

• View Profile
New update issues
on: January 31, 2019, 02:06:48 PM
So here we are again. New patch, new and plentiful nerfs abound... Everyone wins!  Or do they?  First off I have to stop saying I love this game. 2nd, I can't get people to like it if I pay them too.  It's "too hard" for them or too frustrating. Now you've gone and changed things that no one needed changing again. HUD elements? The only change I wanna see is the option to move the HUD around or remove it altogether/change size. The new color of the health... Wow!! Finally you guys put yourselves on the map with that one! Neato gang! Changed my life completely... Sarcasm.

Why do you bother with useless time wasting stuff like that?? Also it's hideous. I'm not trying to be a jerk I'm just a tad upset that I've put more hours and dollars into this game than any other in my 32years of gaming and Everytime you add something you wreck or remove something I liked. Have some confidence in yourselves and stop taking pointless and stupid ideas from... Pointless and stupid people I guess.

The sound now while being damaged all sounds the same. Sounds awful and is NOT something I want to get used to. Like a wet punch over and over for every bullet that hits you, which is a much higher rate now than it was. Too much damage taken, or not enough given. Either way... Couldn't you just focus on things that are actually broken and need fixing instead of adding useless stuff we don't need and likely no one asked for or wanted?? This game would have more fans if ya did I bet.

Matchmaking works better though Xbox and PC still have issues with broken connections in general and almost unplayable with a PC host. Still blocking them all till (if ever!!) This gets fixed. Now see, that's a problem worthy of addressing right there but all I see from these forums is Ps4 n Steam are fine so who cares about Xbox. My problem isn't real I'm told by most people. But all those I play with have the same issues I do... Odd.

Aneska. I've been begging for her as playable since I first laid eyes on her. So glad she's finally here!!! That being said... What the heck? I am personally disappointed that she is like a cross between Valeria and Schneider. I was really hoping for a cross between Alicia and Ginebra, with dual wielding pistols but figured she'd be the opposite of what I expected. Wanted fast and hard hitting, got slow and weak. Haven't got her rare as of yet but the first 2 weapons thus far are... less than adequate to be polite. I hope at some point y'all release her plain old original skin without the eye wrap and neckerchief, and without special K dangling there sucking up her precious heart juice;)  "Pristine Aneska".

And another thing... The level fiascoe?? Another big fat WHY?!  You guys love fixing things that aren't broken  and ignoring things that are. You're right to say we worked hard for those levels. You're wrong to think that tier 1 is in the right spot. Shouldn't tier 1 be at 199? Max forge. Isn't that what we're all really trying to get to? If this is an attempt at bringing in more new players who will play for a month and hopefully drop a $20 on ya, that's sad. Everyone should be able to know how exp'd the players they're playing with are. Helps in character selection. If I have a lower level teammate maybe I'll try to compensate by using a power house character. But tier 1 is only lvl 100 and I don't consider that very high anymore. So... Just always use power houses at all times?? That sounds boring. This is so long, I gotta stop!! There's more to gripe about but I'll take a break and give you one too. Someday I'll post more about the stuff I like. As soon as I get a list of 10 things... That was a lil joke! There's a least 10 things. I think... Anyway.

I'm at a loss, MSE. There are so many other games I want to play right now and it feels like you're giving me all the reasons in the world to do so. Don't make me quit you baby! It's just so hard to say good buy... I mean good bye. Xoxo

Placelord

• View Profile
Re: New update issues
Reply #1 on: January 31, 2019, 10:23:10 PM
You can't complain about getting matched up against a player 300 lv's higher than you if you don't know what lv player you're matched up against.

https://goo.gl/images/ygKVYH
« Last Edit: January 31, 2019, 10:26:02 PM by Placelord »

ExFiftyOne

• View Profile
Reply #2 on: February 01, 2019, 11:06:17 AM
Exactly. There they go not fixing a problem again. Just polishing more turds. So 100-999 all have the same skill level and knowledge of the game I guess. Xp has a level cap now. Cool. I guess we'll know once they start the cash grab the end will be nigh. Can't wait for those priced to move discounted skins I can use for a whole month before shut down. Lol I jest. But why can't they focus on creating content like maps and story rather than adding crap we don't need (radar) or taking away things that helped some of us play the game with minimal to no lag issues, like the NO option to cross play? Is there a conspiracy goin round? Frustrated that a game and it's devs can get me this frustrated. Everything sucks right now and I'm tired of waiting for problems that once didn't exist to get solved. They should change this from a forum page to a grievances page lol.

Placelord

• View Profile
Reply #3 on: February 01, 2019, 05:29:19 PM
I've been looking forward to trying the new patch out all week. Yeah the team fixed none of the outstanding issues, focused too much attention on pointless and even detrimental changes. My god I have zero confidence in this game moving forward.

How many patches have there been and these fundamental flaws remain untouched?

Raiders grab animations can be interrupted at any point after connecting yet antags and elites are immune from the very frame they begin.

Enemies dodging out of grapples and grappling through punches.

Enemies engaging in cqc inside of konstantin's sphere.

The cqc attacks homing into random ads that are out of range and whiffing instead of targeting the antag/elite that I am facing that I am pointing my left stick at.

Characters punching at cover and whiffing instead of engaging a vualt attack animation.

Getting a measly 300 gold from dissertations culminating in matches that are extremely long extremely frustrating that nets less than 1000 gold.

Being forced to watch cutscenes you've seen a million times because someone is actively trying to waste your time.

Being forced to watch cutscenes by players after a match has ended. This is dispite the fact that no players' involvement is required to preserve the flow of gameplay. This is especially terrible for losing antags

Being sniped to death from over 50 yards away by weapons that are traditionally accepted to have low accuracy at distance like shotguns and gattling guns.

Being head shot by a Harek that is in mid transit to or from a stalk point.

Being surrounded by miners while out of ammo with no means of replenishing said ammo.

Being stuck in respawn for over 20 seconds as an antag while the boss is insta killed.

Etc etc. Is this game even play tested?
« Last Edit: February 05, 2019, 10:11:40 PM by Placelord »

ExFiftyOne

• View Profile
Reply #4 on: February 02, 2019, 08:25:53 PM
Right! It's like the MSE don't play the game at all. Very worrisome!

MSE_Karen

• Community Manager with thick Spanish accent
  • MercurySteam
  • Cat whisperer
    • View Profile
Reply #5 on: February 05, 2019, 04:58:42 PM
Hi guys,

I just answered to the Aneska issue here: https://www.spacelordsthegame.com/community/index.php?topic=16650.0

As for the Tiers issue, we explained it on the patch notes: As the MMR system stood, Raiders and Antagonists were experiencing the same amount of MMR change after each match. There's a few problems with that; It creates MMR inflation and it doesn't properly reflect the skill check that each player has gone through).

Furthermore, I'd like to add that we are preparing something that goes beyond showing your level with the goal to reward your hard work. It'll be out soon.

Engelsgaard

• View Profile
Reply #6 on: February 06, 2019, 06:56:16 PM
I'm fairly new to the game (2 weeks in, level 90), but all this bashing is a bit harsh. They are fixing bugs and it's free to play.
I'm sorry if you joined before it was free to play and feel like it was a mistake. But as far as free to play goes, it has amazing graphics (playing in 4k), I didn't notice major bugs, it has Mods that respond to some messages and so on.

Furthermore it's not pay to win, the new characters and guns are affordable with some grind (got Schneider, Hans and a couple of yellow guns) but even the starter characters and weapons are playabe at higher difficulty as far as I can judge.

I understand some frustration, but please think that you are critizising people that try their very best and dared to create this pretty unique and, all in all, well thought out game.

Btw. this was the first game I rated on Steam, more players = more people paying real money = more programmers that improve the game.

Placelord

• View Profile
Reply #7 on: February 06, 2019, 07:43:39 PM
Cool, I'm glad you like it and hope you stick around. And, it's good to see some positivity. I can admit saying this game isn't play tested is insulting and is uncalled for. That being said, the problems I've mentioned in my post above have not been addressed and don't show signs of ever being addressed.

The "they're an indie dev, trying thier best" argument I see so often  isn't applicable to all criticisms. A lot of these problems could be very easily fixed but they just aren't a priority and that's not good for the long term health of this community. There's a reason this forum is so salty. It's because the devs are more interested in adding new content than polishing the core end user experience.

Additionally, I can assume with confidence that the majority of posters giving negative feedback are players who have spent money and are disappointed. No one is criticising the graphics or visuals. They're criticising a system that they gave slack to expecting improvements over time and all are in varying states of fed up after seeing multiple patches that add unwanted features while outstanding issues go un addressed.

This is not a bad game, no one would be this mad about something they didn't admire.
« Last Edit: February 06, 2019, 08:06:10 PM by Placelord »

ExFiftyOne

• View Profile
Reply #8 on: February 07, 2019, 12:37:08 AM
I can be a bit harsh at times I'll admit and agree with. I try to reserve it for when I feel it is needed. I don't doubt this game is tested... We hardcores do it everyday lol. Then we give feed back in here when something bothers us enough to. I've been playing this game coming up on a year and have invested many dollars and sooo much time. All I really want is for the game to function as intended. I'd also like my in game xp to be displayed as it cuts down on the need for low levels to try and explain EVERYTHING to me. Lol so silly. I obviously love this game and have more than a little time invested so I'd like to feel I have a decent opinion. I don't ask for much as you can see by my number of posts. When I do bring up something it's usually a real problem. Surrounded by minor gripes perhaps.

I friggin love this game!! I want nothing more than for it to succeed. Just trying to do my part;)

Just noticed... Turns out I can't stop saying "I love this game". That's how you know it's true love:)
« Last Edit: February 07, 2019, 12:40:20 AM by ExFiftyOne »