Author Topic: Suggestion to reduce underperforming beginners  (Read 2042 times)

Engelsgaard

• View Profile
Suggestion to reduce underperforming beginners
on: January 31, 2019, 10:52:32 AM
As I was a beginner a couple of days ago, I have some sympathy for those that don't know what to do, although now it seems obvious (hindsight is 20/20).
My suggestion is that they get a introduction into the objective of a new level, once it opens (only for them) and to play multiplayer they have to answer a very short multiple choice questionnaire to unlock it.

For example:
why are some mobs blue?
where do you need your aleph?
etc.

there are really good youtube videos that explain it. It might seem weird to officially recommend a fanmade video, but it would still help a lot.

Litch

• View Profile
Re: Suggestion to reduce underperforming beginners
Reply #1 on: January 31, 2019, 11:16:17 AM
i think, rather than this, they just add a proper tutorial to game, would be easy enough to add any map and explain this in detail. a Questionaire would just lead to more of them quitting the game, as some people who failed it multiple times would just nah this games crap and stop playing.

Best way really i see, is the easy difficulty of solo play, is unlocked from the start and this is the only thing you can do. Complete the map 3 times and you've unlocked it for multiplayer. Very little changes needed to be made for this to happen in game, no extra content being added.

Engelsgaard

• View Profile
Reply #2 on: February 02, 2019, 12:51:36 PM
your idea is better, and shouldn't need as much work to implement. I'm all for it. And if the level is easy enough, they can experiment and won't feel too bad, while noticing that it's about the objective, not about killing a shitton of ennemies.

MSE_Karen

• Community Manager with thick Spanish accent
  • MercurySteam
  • Cat whisperer
    • View Profile
Reply #3 on: February 04, 2019, 04:39:48 PM
Hi guys,

Thank you very much for your suggestions. We are currently working on new tutorials for the game so new players understand the mechanics, characters, missions, etc.

They will be implemented in future patches ;)