Author Topic: Aneska  (Read 8832 times)

Fukwad

• View Profile
Aneska
on: January 30, 2019, 10:03:34 PM
I was going to be sarcastic and write things like" I was told there be damage" and " are her guns broke as well as her mec" etc.  ( guess I did anyway)
But instead ill just keep it simple, aneska - waste of 180k gold for raider,waste of 36k gold for gun, complete and utter trash on any mission is about as useful as a level 1 Harec,  in fact that's a lie because the lvl 1 Harec has probably better damage

Angeles2099

• PSN:Angeles2099 "Turn experience into Power"
    • View Profile
    • Facebook.com
Re: Aneska
Reply #1 on: January 31, 2019, 02:57:22 AM
.....I, agree. sadly. Her Mech is her saving grace but even than it falls short, weak health pool (1 local can keep it from ever spawning), her guns offer no easy solution for either hordes of grunts or a single antag abut to rush you.

As it stands her price should be dropped down to Ginebra's price range (108k) or possibly lower.

Her mech/weapon combo usually doesn't deal enough damage unless for what ever the target chooses to just continue staying there instead of moving a few steps to either side.

I ran right under a Raider Aneska's Mech and stayed there for a good minute before another raider(not the mech) killed me.

I feel kind of cheated sort of, I spent legit money cause I was excited and short of in -game currency and after getting all her guns to forge skill 20 and with 5 rare cards that were really good. She felt, just ok. Not fun, not OP. just ok.

Tekato

• View Profile
Reply #2 on: January 31, 2019, 03:46:23 AM
Did they even test her out in an actual match before releasing her? Her mech can't even kill engineers it's so sad, how could they release her like this. I've had the mech get destroyed by a single grunt.
« Last Edit: January 31, 2019, 03:48:51 AM by Tekato »

LordDraco3

• View Profile
Reply #3 on: January 31, 2019, 09:08:17 PM
She is an awful antag choice, so into the garbage bin for me. Maybe her other guns will change my mind, i only had 1 BP rotation last night and Ionizer is possibly the worst gun i've seen for pvp.

She looks undeniably cool, but she does less damage than anything else i can think of, and has very little mobility since activating the power forces standstill (I got killed a lot by rushing players or elites) and de-summoning it takes a whole year to finish while allowing no actions.

the best 2 words to sum her up: Clunky, weak.

Any time I played her as antag last night, I hated it. When I went back to Hans, I wiped the floor with raider blood, and Aneska raiders gave me no resistance. She's an OK raider, but still does very little damage.

pululon

• View Profile
Reply #4 on: January 31, 2019, 09:41:17 PM
Her rare weapon is good for crowd control, I think that she is more of a support fire raider than an aggro one (I don't know about antag since I don't antag). Her mech can take all the aggro of the mobs and they don't kill it fast if you take advantage of this (killing all the mobs around, or you can go and take on objectives).
Her rare weapon is a little tricky but can do a good amount of damage (you have to shoot, the ball bounce, then shoot at the ball and this one explode, the best option is to shoot at the floor in front of your enemies, then when bounce detonate it in their face), the only thing is that you don't have the missiles with her rare weapon, just a bubble that doesn't much damage.
Is a nice character, but isn't for the front lines.
I like that she isn't an overpowered machine of war.

LordDraco3

• View Profile
Reply #5 on: January 31, 2019, 10:08:43 PM
"I like that she isn't an overpowered machine of war."

Again, makes her useless for antag play :\
she has no mobility, AND no CC, AND no damage. she can be a tank with a lot of health, but that doesn't matter. She can drag out CQC fights, but if antag does that, it just gives time for other raiders to come in and dogpile you with no chance of escape

giant mech sword attacks don't stagger? summoning giant mech to the field has no stagger? Raiders can completely ignore that it's even there and just kill you and there's little you can do to stop it. I have Prevail and if they do kill it, I have like 400 health.... doesn't matter, they will just tag-team CQC which aneska has no options of stopping.

zMalevolencEz

• View Profile
Reply #6 on: January 31, 2019, 10:26:20 PM
Draco is right. Aneska is a poor Antagonist though her tanky health pool is nice her weapons don't do enough damage to balance her standoffish playstyle. I tried her rare and base weapons the rare has the dps potential however it is incredibly hard to control the bounce and shot mechanics with its rate of fire even with quick fingers at max. One orb exploding just doesn't do takes 3 or 4 to crit another player with high hero killer.

The mech...completely useless 15-25 damage on melee sticks if the jack wagon even does it the AOE strike does significantly less damage than kuzemans electrical field and the thing hurts you so fighting in it is bad jew jew.

Overall the potential is there but they need to reevaluate her DPS output and the mechs overall usefulness because from an Antagonist standpoint she cant even harass so unless you want to CQC all game shell stay on the shelf.

MSE_Karen

• Community Manager with thick Spanish accent
  • MercurySteam
  • Cat whisperer
    • View Profile
Reply #7 on: February 05, 2019, 04:41:35 PM
Hello guys,

Thank you very much for taking the time to leave your feedback about Aneska, I'll try to explain myself the best I can.

We have been collecting data about Aneska during the weekend and we keep iterating so she feels balanced. When Valeria was first released, the players felt she was overpowered and we are still making adjustements so she doesn't excel too much compared to the other characters.

It's most likely a matter of expectations, but we don't want Aneska to be neither overpowered nor underpowered. Please, have in mind her skills are divided: the character itself, the mech, her weapons, etc., while other characters' skills, like Valeria, relies on a single element: her portal and weapons.

Regarding Solaris, it's a rare weapon which rewards the player's ability. We want it to be deep, different from her other weapons.

As for the mech, it's soon and it needs to settle but as soon as we have collected some data, we'll consider increasing its life or damage if necessary.

Tekato

• View Profile
Reply #8 on: February 05, 2019, 06:13:31 PM
I'd like to see the mech at least get immunity to beholders. I don't see many people commenting on this but I think it's a huge issue for aneska on in shock, mind over matter and mouse & snake. The mech can't be recalled insantly like you can with schneider's drone making it almost  impossible to get it out before it blows up.

Quanrian

• Eat the game before it devours your life!
    • View Profile
Reply #9 on: February 05, 2019, 10:08:23 PM
I'd like to see the mech at least get immunity to beholders. I don't see many people commenting on this but I think it's a huge issue for aneska on in shock, mind over matter and mouse & snake. The mech can't be recalled insantly like you can with schneider's drone making it almost  impossible to get it out before it blows up.

Not sure it should get immunity but the fact you can't see the beam going to it perhaps is where the tweak needs to be. You can't actually 'tell' when it's targeted or how close it is to being nuked by the lazer. Since it's such a large object it should require careful placement and giving immunity just means people will stuff it right into spawn points to nullify them.

Tekato

• View Profile
Reply #10 on: February 05, 2019, 10:21:47 PM

Not sure it should get immunity but the fact you can't see the beam going to it perhaps is where the tweak needs to be. You can't actually 'tell' when it's targeted or how close it is to being nuked by the lazer. Since it's such a large object it should require careful placement and giving immunity just means people will stuff it right into spawn points to nullify them.
Don't people already do that on any other mission it's not like I'm asking for it to be immune to bullets ... Even if you could see the beam hitting it you still need to stand in place for 4 seconds to call it back. At higher mmrs the laser barely takes 3 seconds to kill lol. You would still need to properly position the mech so it doesn't get shot down by the ads in seconds.

Anyway that's just my opinion.
« Last Edit: February 05, 2019, 10:27:09 PM by Tekato »

Grimm

• View Profile
Reply #11 on: February 06, 2019, 12:35:22 PM
I Agree that she is a waste of gold
Especially it's stated in her description that the mech is really powerfull but despite swinging ah huge sword it look's like it's just for show a swing should do minimum 50 points of dmg instead of 25 her weapons are not really usefull the default weapon has short range Ionizer needa an incredible amount of skill to hit the target and solaris is unplayable

Lehi

• View Profile
Reply #12 on: March 01, 2019, 02:31:25 AM
I like the Aneska buff at patch 13.2. She's much easier to use, and I can expect Aneska to clear minions.