Author Topic: So you decreased the difficulty?  (Read 3005 times)

Litch

• View Profile
So you decreased the difficulty?
on: January 30, 2019, 06:45:51 PM
from reading the patch notes, you said you have basically increased the spawn rate but decreased the difficulty.

at 50% MMR i can see more adds, so thats working, but now im dying in 2 bullets and when i am down i dont even get chance to punch someone before im dead, this is way higher damage than it was previously. can you take a look into it please?

like this is unreal, 2 mins into playing the patch i went from being almost never dead before the patch, to im dying as much as level 1 would at the same mmr, surely this is not working as intended?

is anyone else on here finding same results?

Placelord

• View Profile
Re: So you decreased the difficulty?
Reply #1 on: January 30, 2019, 07:09:57 PM
I'm actually cool with more but weaker ads. But you're saying they're stronger?
« Last Edit: January 30, 2019, 07:11:46 PM by Placelord »

Litch

• View Profile
Reply #2 on: January 30, 2019, 07:24:14 PM
I'm actually cool with more but weaker ads. But you're saying they're stronger?

havent actually noticed any decrease in the damage they take, what i've noticed is they deal way more damage than they used to.

For example, before on that map with all the energy barriers and turrets (forgot name sorry). you used to be able to use alicia and jump/fly over barriers, fight a few guys, get to lever and after a short cover heal pull leaver.

Now, you jump/fly over barrier, your knocked down in like 3 seconds just over other side of barrier, 1 second later before you even get to cover your dead. Thats a severe increase.
« Last Edit: January 30, 2019, 07:30:48 PM by Litch »

Angeles2099

• PSN:Angeles2099 "Turn experience into Power"
    • View Profile
    • Facebook.com
Reply #3 on: January 31, 2019, 03:07:33 AM
Ive noticed that the amount of shots needed to down one is reduced but being kicked by one and shot by the other while both are backing up just far enough away where you cant shove them , back and forth negates the weaker health pool.

MSE_Karen

• Community Manager with thick Spanish accent
  • MercurySteam
  • Cat whisperer
    • View Profile
Reply #4 on: February 05, 2019, 03:38:17 PM
Hi guys,

As you may have noticed, the amount of grunts is higher now but they are weaker too. We haven't tweaked the difficulty but the way it manifests itself. We are aware this can be shocking but we have realized players have more fun when they kill a higher amount of grunts or have to take more decisions.

Placelord

• View Profile
Reply #5 on: February 08, 2019, 07:51:59 PM
Yeah I enjoy the increased spawns. Though if you're going to do that, shotgunners should be tweaked in some way to balance it out. Like maybe apply the reaction system to raiders so they can have a way to deal with multiple shotgunners without getting stun locked.

Quanrian

• Eat the game before it devours your life!
    • View Profile
Reply #6 on: February 09, 2019, 04:49:30 AM
Having low spawns and weak everything was great for farming but it was so incredibly boring just waiting for enemies to spawn again. I still see this at times but not nearly as much during those dark days when being an Antagonist  was just asking to be the entire experience for Raiders.