Author Topic: Bad things in a game  (Read 7954 times)

Skyline

• View Profile
Bad things in a game
on: June 13, 2018, 07:30:55 PM
I hope I have created this subjects in the correct section. If isn't present - I Apologize.

1) Alicia's Rock&Roll Weapon.
This weapon is broken. One shot to force "locals" to the knees and broke Dion Shield. Two shots to kill.100% abuse by players. Not need skill,not need aim.Just walljump and fire.
Who and why has thought up this weapon? Alicia is character with the simplest and safe Gap Closer in a game, she use close range deadly shotguns. For what reason she recive weapon destroying everyone and everything on middle/average+ distances?
With this weapon she has no weaknesses. She has an advantage before almost all characters (unless snipers such as Harek Or Shae with very much far distance) that happens very seldom considering specifics of levels and range of Rock&Roll.
Solution:
No Idea, because even with one bullet mag and three second reload this weapon will be very strong.

2) Harek's ability without cd. A jump on a wall, a shot (oneshot or kneel condition), back somersaults (or blow to kill), again on a wall, - to repeat again and again. U can't play game and do obj and catch Antagonist Harek in same time with dat situation (no Cd on ability).
Solution:
Cooldawn 5+sec (begin after landing) of or 10+ sec during activation. Harek thought as the sniper, but not the retard jumping on walls and back,right?

LordDraco3

• View Profile
Re: Bad things in a game
Reply #1 on: June 13, 2018, 08:50:17 PM
I think this is surely the first "nerf Harec" post, guess he's finally getting good enough to make people salty :D

Judging R&R because it can down locals is not a good example.... they have 60 HP. Raiders have to fight enemies with 300+ HP. We can't all be shooting 20 damage-per-shot guns and expect to win very often.
Lycus' shield honestly just needs a buff to scale with difficulty or MMR or something. It's powerful, but it loses effectiveness drastically with higher difficulty or when being shot with higher forge level weapons.

zMalevolencEz

• View Profile
Reply #2 on: June 13, 2018, 09:44:17 PM
Harec is fine however paired with certain cards he is a pain but not immortal. Skilled Harec players are rare and it really is a skill gap on his character.

Alicia I 100% agree takes no skill to blast someone with rocknroll. I'd rather have smoking daisy mags drop on my head and the player would get more respect due to the fact they stray from the current meta.

Skyline

• View Profile
Reply #3 on: June 14, 2018, 03:08:01 AM
Not immortal but you need spend all time for kill and ignore other gameplay,.You cant just play and deal with em like vs all other when they come or just turn camera and press punch after sound(vs doldren) Harek alrdy pain in ass with his ability...but when you need 4 players and 100500 attempts to catch him on idiotic jumps WITH NO CD...and you call these "jump on wall and back" without cd,- a skill? Dunno sir ...Or Mb i alrdy to old and cant understand "present of games" :)

Mr.LordDraco3 Other word you think R&R Well Ballanced Mid tier gun ,Very fun to play and for dealing vs i must just not pick locals? :D

TheBrentWoody

• View Profile
Reply #4 on: June 14, 2018, 04:56:31 AM
What was this Harec doing, exactly? 

zMalevolencEz

• View Profile
Reply #5 on: June 14, 2018, 08:29:34 AM
I mean he has cards when he shadow stalkers back and he does 250-500% more melee damage. Also depending on the gun there isn't a charge time... Most likely you faced JHerin he is a narley herac antagonist.

TheBrentWoody

• View Profile
Reply #6 on: June 14, 2018, 09:29:31 AM
So, I'm pretty sure it was me...Like 90%.  Harec isn't all that broken.  You play him, and see what all you have to do to stay alive. That would be my suggestion.  It's not a free win, you gotta work for it.

Level9Drow

• View Profile
Reply #7 on: June 14, 2018, 07:16:58 PM
R&R is TOO powerful and have, literally, no drawbacks. It does high damage at a GOOD distance, decent RoF and HUUUGE spread. It's not even a projectile weapon really, it's an Area of Effect weapon. Couple that with an Alicia who is always in the air and is not under any threat and you have a situation that can be overwhelming to deal with at best and downright cheap at worst.

I would suggest on, but not all at once, of the following:
1. Reduce the damage a bit, but keep it the same.
2. Or reduce the range, it needs to be short range and have significant falloff at medium. She is a shot gun character, she shouldn't be able to kill you from the air 50 feet away then fall behind a wall in safety.
3. Reduce the RoF, if we're keeping the damage and range then we should make it so there is breather time for her targets to react, otherwise it's not much of a competitive situation.

Any one of these things would be good enough. I hate R&R antags. No vulnerabilities.

LordDraco3

• View Profile
Reply #8 on: June 15, 2018, 12:48:08 AM
I fought multiple R&R's the past few days and continued to have little trouble with them, based on my personal extensive playtime experience, the complaints still feel overblown. The only kill I was surprised by was when I got cokcy and taunted from a pillar on Fistful of Sand, as Hans, and it 2-shot me. First shot didn't even wound me, but second shot killed me outright. Upon seeing that, Woody mentioned that it seems like the damage calculation may be off and sometimes seems to calculate damage more than once? Replicant felt like he was being 1-shot as Schneider.

Yes this gun will *decimate* certain characters. Others will destroy Alicia without her being any problem. That's how this game works. If it's bugged and causing random damage spikes, that should be fixed, but I have not had any trouble when playing as Hans, Lycus, Kuzmann, Konstantin, Schneider, just thinking offhand.

TheBrentWoody

• View Profile
Reply #9 on: June 15, 2018, 02:41:31 AM
I think in matches with ping spikes frequently sometimes the projectiles render damage twice.  That is what I think that was.

Level9Drow

• View Profile
Reply #10 on: June 15, 2018, 03:16:33 AM
Who is good against R&R? I'm not being facetious, I'm honestly asking. Because I can't think of any of the characters I play that have been effective.
I primarily play:
1. Javalin, speed burst Ginebra (schleuder is cheap, but also inconsistent)
2. Sigh, stun lock Harmony Iune
3. Tolchock Konstantin (doesn't everyone? LOL)
4. Melee Doldren
5. Lichbogen self heal Kuzman

Any other characters I am just not good enough with or, sadly, do not have weapons I use that are upgraded enough to make them viable. i used to play Alicia, but my Smoking Daisy has not been forged up at all and I detest the R&R and feel it is cheap and boring and so don't use it even though it's upgraded a bit. Another is Hive, I can't get a Raceme upgrade so I no longer use her. I have her rare, Wasp I think, the one where you have to get SUPER close and has a build up bar, but it's too risky of a weapon for me, especially post patch.

With the character I play I am not very effective against R&R. and the game won't give me any blueprints for any of the weapons I would usually use on other characters so they're effectively dead to me.

Shadow

• View Profile
Reply #11 on: June 15, 2018, 07:27:55 AM
If you don't have any counter in your team it is very hard to play against Antagonist and it applies to raider as well.

TheBrentWoody

• View Profile
Reply #12 on: June 15, 2018, 12:13:58 PM
Tolchock kills everyone, if you can land any push on her it knocks her out of the air, sniping is always effective because you can get range, really any Kon gun burns her down, Pepper pot can hit her and knock her down if she can hit you, and if she's inside your optimal range you can two shot her dead. Rain of Fire does a good job, if she is in the air she jumped off something close enough to shoot her with.  Hans kites the jump and bullets then swallows her up after she lands, Kuzz has some issues here, but both his single target guns would be a good choice. 

Ultimately it boils down to team work.

zMalevolencEz

• View Profile
Reply #13 on: June 15, 2018, 07:43:20 PM
I agree with Brent and the others... I've only paid attention to as of late because I'm running into more Alicia antagonist. I find that higher ping games and spikes I tend to be left mmore confused on how I got melted VS optimal ping games. Alicia has plenty of counters and teamwork is 90% the reason you win or lose against her.

LordDraco3

• View Profile
Reply #14 on: June 15, 2018, 08:15:07 PM
In addition to Woody's comments, I did fine as Lichtbogen Antagonist. Airborne Alicia is a prime target for zapping, and Kuz can shoot far enough away to avoid the worst of the shots in addition to his armor. Jumping Alicias also do not pay attention if they are arcing or being arced by teammates. All of those other characters and strategies have worked for me.