Author Topic: HIVE weapons - garbage. Suggestion to change.  (Read 5534 times)

rhammer

• View Profile
HIVE weapons - garbage. Suggestion to change.
on: June 12, 2018, 08:40:00 PM
I dont have access to any other HIVE weapons except for default. And I have been grinding and saving gold to get her... And very disappointed. I wish we could try characters before wasting G.

Her guns are not shooting, they spitting poop 💩. Can we modify it so her guns would ACTUALLY shoot bullets long precise distances, and pheromones would apply to bullets for certain distance after which they would fall off the bullet, and it would travel rest of the str8 distance as a usual penetrating projectile. If enemy hit at the pheromone dustance it would get infected. Pass that distance - usual bullet dmg.

LordDraco3

• View Profile
Re: HIVE weapons - garbage. Suggestion to change.
Reply #1 on: June 12, 2018, 09:02:00 PM
Her default gun is my favorite one of hers. You'll see how good it is once you upgrade the stats. It plays to her skill-set more than the others as the effective range is very close to your CQC engagement distance, so you tag an enemy, then move in for pretty much a guaranteed kill. Tagging and then striking will kill just about anything in the game in a very short time, with the exception of elites carrying aleph due to their special attacks. I think she would move into OP-tier if she had hitscan impregnating bullets, right now the only counter is to either kill her from range, or don't get shot. If she shoots you and gets close, you're dead.

If you want long distance, use Raceme. If you want a more traditional shotgun feel, use Wasp. If you want to dominate close combat, use MM-6C.

I have a few videos where I use Hive, don't record all of them:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2Y4R0awuceU
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Zrbjvu8uiqo
I have 3 other Hive videos as Raider, but they were all involving a hacker and all before the Hades update. She has become way better since then, thanks to the forge system and better cards.

Level9Drow

• View Profile
Reply #2 on: June 12, 2018, 10:04:54 PM
Now if only I could get Raceme. ;_;

XjabberwockieX

• View Profile
Reply #3 on: June 13, 2018, 12:17:16 AM
Yes Hive default is very good. I run mine with full treasure hunter, less points in her actual damage categories and still can wreck most enemies with little effort. Built correctly she can be quite tanky and very rewarding to use. Her weapons are varied and allow you to choose the playstyle you are most comfortable with. If a character as flexible as Hive is not for you, shes not for you.
 Drow the Raceme struggle is real. I have a lv13 Raceme and need to max forge one but I hardly ever see it drop. Mercurysteam 's rng system needs to be taken behind the building and put down with extreme prejudice.