Author Topic: Developer stance on the antagonist issue for pve players  (Read 3247 times)

Whitebleidd

• View Profile
Are pve players ever going to be able to relax and enjoy the game? Have there been any official statements from Mercury Steam on the subject of a possible no-antag mode? If antag invasions are never going to be optional and that’s final, then a word of confirmation would be a nice gesture, the game is great but with antag invasions it just doesn’t feel worth it in the long run, I can only speak for myself but maybe there are others interested in such a response to evaluate if the game is worth sticking by.

XjabberwockieX

• View Profile
Re: Developer stance on the antagonist issue for pve players
Reply #1 on: June 12, 2018, 10:30:15 AM
This really isnt my place but as someone who keeps coming back to the game and tries to overlook its flaws I can tell you that the developers rarely comment on specific things or about changes in any real detail. Alot of the problems bothering pve'rs are very much there and not likely to change. Ive had this game since September last year and have gotten a reply from Mercurysteam exactly one time. And that was a week ago because I used a bad word.  :o
 Those of us closely following the game have realized that 1st and foremost Mercurysteam has a vision for the game that they arent wanting to deviate from and that centers around the Antagonist and everyone needs to deal with it.  It is what it is. In the meantime I will keep coming back and hope for the best while fearing the worst for this game in the long run without alot of improvements being made.
« Last Edit: June 12, 2018, 10:34:49 AM by XjabberwockieX »

zMalevolencEz

• View Profile
Reply #2 on: June 12, 2018, 04:26:29 PM
While it is doubtful that there will ever be a separation between pve and PVP. They just recently widen the range to help speed up antagonist matchmaking so the encounters are more frequent than they used to be.

At the point it would more beneficial to the Raiders and antagonist to increase xp and the reward system for both parties. Raider rewards decrease with the encounter and if the antagonist gets jumped everytime they spawn they don't get anything either.

While I can't speak for what MercurySteam end goal for the long run is I do know that separation of the two would split your player base resulting in long matchmaking que times.

Whitebleidd

• View Profile
Reply #3 on: June 13, 2018, 07:53:08 AM
This really isnt my place but as someone who keeps coming back to the game and tries to overlook its flaws I can tell you that the developers rarely comment on specific things or about changes in any real detail. Alot of the problems bothering pve'rs are very much there and not likely to change. Ive had this game since September last year and have gotten a reply from Mercurysteam exactly one time. And that was a week ago because I used a bad word.  :o
 Those of us closely following the game have realized that 1st and foremost Mercurysteam has a vision for the game that they arent wanting to deviate from and that centers around the Antagonist and everyone needs to deal with it.  It is what it is. In the meantime I will keep coming back and hope for the best while fearing the worst for this game in the long run without alot of improvements being made.

Yea I didn’t have high hopes for an answer but the situation is so frustrating I thought it was worth a shot, they do seem to have that kind of “deal with it” attitude, which isn’t healthy for any business, more so in an industry as competitive as this.

While it is doubtful that there will ever be a separation between pve and PVP. They just recently widen the range to help speed up antagonist matchmaking so the encounters are more frequent than they used to be.

At the point it would more beneficial to the Raiders and antagonist to increase xp and the reward system for both parties. Raider rewards decrease with the encounter and if the antagonist gets jumped everytime they spawn they don't get anything either.

While I can't speak for what MercurySteam end goal for the long run is I do know that separation of the two would split your player base resulting in long matchmaking que times.

Low population is an issue that is clear (although I would argue the forced nature of the antagonist system played a significant role…), in the end as a player and customer that is not my concern, I am here to be entertained, not to entertain some antagonist, both parties antagonist and raiders should be on the same page when queueing for pvp, the way it is handled currently feels downright disrespectful.

zMalevolencEz

• View Profile
Reply #4 on: June 13, 2018, 09:37:35 PM
The biggest issue for the Raiders with antagonist system is the high mmr Raiders VS low mmr antagonist. I can deal with a skilled player what I can't do is deal with bots who are terminators dealing more damage than the antagonist themselves. I am level 136 and when this occurs I am melted by bots and can't properly deal with objective and antagonist as the map is doing all the work for them. This is beyond frustrating and with the current bug it makes it worse.

This is the polar opposite when I play antagonist bots act like stormtroopers and when a raider walkers by they just fall over forcing me to be some type of walking God. I have to play antagonist like everyone else to build weapons and role cards I want so making the playing field level for both Raiders and antagonist needs to be a key concern.

I like having antagonist as it's a personal challenge but right now I'm scared to play either because of the balancing plus tolchok/rocknroll spawning trolls whos only plan is to ruin game play for all level players. We as a community all get frustrated with this and we've all voiced our opinions and I'm confident MercurySteam is listening it's just a matter to time.

DRKLORD36

• View Profile
Reply #5 on: June 13, 2018, 11:52:36 PM
they need to stop missin with weapons just cause of overpower A.I