Author Topic: So, Ginebra Nerfs...Discuss.  (Read 4344 times)

Level9Drow

• View Profile
So, Ginebra Nerfs...Discuss.
on: May 30, 2018, 12:49:09 AM
As many of you have seen, Genebra's health in Panther mode was reduced to 60, and her Schleuder was reduced in damage as well as the laser on it. This coupled with the 5th council 3% reduction to their damage reduction.

Thoughts?

XjabberwockieX

• View Profile
Re: So, Ginebra Nerfs...Discuss.
Reply #1 on: May 30, 2018, 12:56:09 AM
Hate it, but specifically hate the nerfs to her weapons, and I hardly even use Schleuder anymore. Unless they want to nerf every single characters ability to kill in one shot, leave ginny's weapons alone.
« Last Edit: May 30, 2018, 01:03:20 AM by XjabberwockieX »

reaperofsorrows7

• View Profile
Reply #2 on: May 30, 2018, 12:57:17 AM
Nerfs to Ginebra are fine, though more partial to health being 70 - 75 as well as the damage reduction.
However if we are going to have these nerfs i say leave the weapon alone as it is ginebras only real direct weapon that doesn't require the target hitting a wall to get decent damage. Its the only weapon she has that is effective against bosses and it can be difficult to get good damage as you have to aim the bounces accordingly as well as travel time.
Also All I play is Ginebra so Im trying really hard to remain as impartial as i can.
« Last Edit: May 30, 2018, 01:01:56 AM by Ginebra »

Level9Drow

• View Profile
Reply #3 on: May 30, 2018, 01:01:50 AM
True, but now you just have to spec with the card for the damage. Optimal Performance got a huge buff. This pretty much negates any nerfs to weapon damage for her (you?), you just have to sacrifice a card to maintain the damage. But I don't know why they nerfed Javalin, it wasn't that strong when compared to Schleuder.

reaperofsorrows7

• View Profile
Reply #4 on: May 30, 2018, 01:04:46 AM
Honestly give her weapons a faster projectile speed and ill be happy. This will just make it easier to land shots more consistently to offset reduced damage.

LordDraco3

• View Profile
Reply #5 on: May 30, 2018, 02:22:27 AM
I'm glad there was finally *some* kind of nerf to the cat form, since it was so easy to just run around forever when a survive timer came up. Haven't played with Schleuder today to have an opinion there.

It's bad that 5th council got a slight armor nerf, but ONLY the player characters, not the AI council bots who are still going to be juggernauts

Level9Drow

• View Profile
Reply #6 on: May 30, 2018, 02:40:18 AM
They changed her cat form in a way I hadn't thought of, without sacrificing the quick change in the beginning and the speed or by adding a cool down. I think the Schleuder change was fair to. I just can't see that the Javalin was ever OP. 

Whitebleidd

• View Profile
Reply #7 on: May 30, 2018, 07:24:50 AM
Pve continues to suffer because of pvp, MS just separate the modes and give the pvp ppl a ginebra with a 5sec timer on catform, maybe even reduce catform hp further, how about 10hp, sounds nice? heck nerf all weapons, cut that dps in half whatever they want but at the same time give pve ppl their own mode balanced differently where we don’t have to deal with this unnecessary changes that were not an issue against the ai.
« Last Edit: May 30, 2018, 07:35:07 AM by Whitebleidd »

Level9Drow

• View Profile
Reply #8 on: May 30, 2018, 08:36:57 AM
Pve continues to suffer because of pvp, MS just separate the modes and give the pvp ppl a ginebra with a 5sec timer on catform, maybe even reduce catform hp further, how about 10hp, sounds nice? heck nerf all weapons, cut that dps in half whatever they want but at the same time give pve ppl their own mode balanced differently where we don’t have to deal with this unnecessary changes that were not an issue against the ai.

I agree. Every game gets infested and ruined with antagonists. They are ruining this game for me to be honest. When it was one out of every 3 or 4 games I could handle it. But now it's every fucking game and I'm honestly not having any more fun.

Whitebleidd

• View Profile
Reply #9 on: May 30, 2018, 08:59:33 AM

I agree. Every game gets infested and ruined with antagonists. They are ruining this game for me to be honest. When it was one out of every 3 or 4 games I could handle it. But now it's every fucking game and I'm honestly not having any more fun.

Yea as soon as I read this sentence from the patch notes -“We’ll be widening matchmaking parameters for high MMR players to better balance for that, most aggressively on high MMR antagonist queues.” I knew not to even bother booting up the game, there was probably going to be an antag on every match, then you have the ginebra nerfs discussed on this thread, like any coming patch for a game you like hopes were high but at least for me they were crushed.

ArnoldCat

• View Profile
Reply #10 on: May 30, 2018, 11:55:21 AM

I already stop playing this game, at least for now.
So many antagonist that is no more fun to play for me.
I will look at updates and the forum everyday, waiting for some update that make me return.
I still like the game, the visuals, the idea, i want to spend money on Iune skins (when they arrive).
But right now is just not funny anymore.
My only hope is that, with all the new players that got  the game for free, the game will be "alive" for more time, hopefully enought to see a patch that make the game well balanced in a way that pvpers and pvers are happy.

Level9Drow

• View Profile
Reply #11 on: May 30, 2018, 06:43:55 PM
I'll keep playing for now. After I posted last night I went back on and got a game with no antag, actually got decent rewards for once. I'm going to try and figure out if there is a time where there is less antagonists.