Author Topic: I Need help against Ginebra  (Read 5489 times)

Lonil005

• View Profile
I Need help against Ginebra
on: May 12, 2018, 02:06:59 PM
Whenever I see a lvl 60-100+ Ginebra I know it's already over.
Being a tanky mobile sniper with a instant transformation and with a sniper/DRM/Elephant rifle with bouncy bullets I really can't figure out what her counter is supposed to be.
Any tips when I'm up against her except just afking?  :'(

Shoggoth_Poot

• Eat it Raw!
    • View Profile
Re: I Need help against Ginebra
Reply #1 on: May 12, 2018, 07:22:54 PM
I tend to main as Alicia, specifically because, of all the starter characters, she's the one I went with, and her mobility becomes a problem due to the fact that I am a stupid person, and I have a hard time switching gears when I play a different character and tend to fall to my death, forgetting I don't have the Alicia jump as, say, H.I.V.E.. Anyway, as Alicia, I just try to stay in the air, pepper her with shots, then drop into CQC, as she is a Fifth Council character, so trying to shoot her down is going to be problematic, with her armor and mobility. Close the distance quick and start punching her in the face. I imagine that, with a non-Wardog character who isn't visible through walls, you could sneak up on her and start CQC quick. I've never played with any Fifth Council characters to know how they stand up against her in a dog fight shooting match, but I could image she'd be a pain-us in the anus. So, yeah, if you're not a Fifth Council character, close the distance quick and start punching her in the face. Ginebra players tend to stray from the group when they run off in kitty cat form, which leaves her vulnerable while you initiate pugilistic countermeasures to her OP nonsense. This is my strategy. It will not work for everyone, I am sure. Mix and match to your play style. There's some smart(er) players on here that will assuredly offer their strategies as well. Stick around.

TheBrentWoody

• View Profile
Reply #2 on: May 13, 2018, 12:27:06 AM
Schleuder is the weapon with the bouncy bullets.  It's hard to counter, especially, if you haven't shot it and know basically how it works and where you're vulnerable.  Harec can do okay if you abuse stalk religiously.  Doldren can keep up, but keeping body safe is hard.  Everyone that has to approach on foot is going to blow up before they get there if you're on their level or below.  Coming from above is ideal.  Hans/Alicia is harder to shoot than most, but they can still shoot you in melee range.  Also, Ginebra fights herself pretty well.  Sigh can keep them stunlocked.  Bogen can stunlock until reload.  Konstantin has to get a crit streak to kill faster than the schleuder and find her while she isn't able to shoot a lot.  Heh.  She's the hardest to counter as antag.  The hard counter is making her waste bullets and then -not- dying in melee.  Cause if they have fire rate high then they can chew threw their ammo pretty easily.  So  make them shoot and kill you or kill yourself.  They'll run out of ammo and this all gets a lot easier.

Level9Drow

• View Profile
Reply #3 on: May 13, 2018, 12:44:57 AM
Whenever I see a lvl 60-100+ Ginebra I know it's already over.
Being a tanky mobile sniper with a instant transformation and with a sniper/DRM/Elephant rifle with bouncy bullets I really can't figure out what her counter is supposed to be.
Any tips when I'm up against her except just afking?  :'(

If I get a high level Schleuder Ginebra I surrender so I can get on to the next game where she WON'T be there or feed. Developers are responsible for her weapon/ability combination imbalance and so I don't feel bad doing so. I wash my hands of Ginebra antags.

I've won games against most of the heroes of this game at least once. I have never won a game against a Schleuder Gin.

TheBrentWoody

• View Profile
Reply #4 on: May 13, 2018, 01:14:28 AM
Especially now that you can upgrade fire rate.  Ugh.  I have won more times than I lost, I do believe, but it is obnoxious.  :D

Quanrian

• Eat the game before it devours your life!
    • View Profile
Reply #5 on: May 15, 2018, 08:17:21 AM
Given she has a special that enables her to escape repeated punches... you're actually better off going for grapples against her. You either kill her instantly or she gets into CQC with you and that is somewhat reckless for her. She is not, and I repeat not a character to attempt CQC with as she is weak to it. When I play her it's not to get tons of kills it's simply to do objectives faster. Should you have her, Shae is not a bad counter to her whether she's running away or not. There are cards that 'will' allow you to take her out in a few punches. However, Shae is good against nearly everyone if you can also switch from shooting to CQC as the need arises. If you're more of a camping sniper you will find Ginebra hunting 'you' down and taking you out more often than not.