Author Topic: Local Multiplayer Integration  (Read 3301 times)

Chancellor Pudding

• View Profile
Local Multiplayer Integration
on: May 05, 2018, 05:33:02 PM
I know you're all thinking it, and I know you all want it (Well, maybe).

Personally, I feel like local multiplayer would help immensely with the game. Brining in a wider audience and having matchmaking flow much faster and easier.

I mean come on, how many times have you needed just one other person to join in on your session but have so much wasted time just pass you by? No need to answer, 'cause I know it's a lot. Just think, instead of waiting for, who knows how long, you just pass a controller to one of your siblings or friends and boom! You're in the match instantly. Pure Bliss.

There are quite a few games that have Local Multiplayer and Online Multiplayer intercept, namely: Minecraft, Rocket League, Call of Duty etc. Each one of them doing well (mostly). Yet this feature is still wdely overlooked by most developers for some reason, even though it offers so much more diversity to the game. Why be like all those developers?

Now I do know there are so those who would call this "having an unfair advantage." However, to my knowledge, this offers the exact same advantage you'd get if you choose to play with a microphone headset. Which, by the way, you have complete access to do so if you wanted to.

There are so many upsides to this that it really puzzles me as to why I don't see it more often.

For example:

Friend couldn't make it for a session?
Grab your sibling.

One of your teammates got disconnected?
Well, pass a controller and have someone take their place.

I'd love to see these things happening. Though maybe that's just me.

If anyone feels differtly in regards to this, let me know and please, feel the to correct me. I'd love to hear what you guys think, 'cause right now, it seems crazy that this is something that even needs to be said.

Thanks for reading.

LordDraco3

• View Profile
Re: Local Multiplayer Integration
Reply #1 on: May 05, 2018, 08:25:04 PM
the idea is good, but split screen would probably not work well here. Players already suffer from a horribly narrow field of vision, we are all playing with horse blinders on that makes it difficult to keep track of what's happening around you. Just the one flaw I see, otherwise it seems like a fine option to have available if someone wanted to use it.