Author Topic: Blueprints RNG is BS and not good for player longevity.  (Read 3882 times)

puffy99

• View Profile
Yes, i know this is probably the 40th post but 4 guys just have a great close win and you get freaking ZIP?

Negative reinforcement is not the way to build a games loyalty and want-to play. There should be at least one blue blueprint in each WIN.

Whoever designed this needs to either find a new career or go study successful games/theory.

There is ALOT going for the game. RNG inducing rage when you are on a streak is not good.  And no most people dont play it for the XP or Gold.

XjabberwockieX

• View Profile
Re: Blueprints RNG is BS and not good for player longevity.
Reply #1 on: April 23, 2018, 12:43:33 AM
I think when you pull out a win, and the mmr is at or above the level of all the raiders in the group, a blueprint should drop. If the win is a 'gimme' or its a loss, the chance to drop a blueprint should be much lower.

Black_Adder_

• View Profile
Reply #2 on: April 23, 2018, 12:46:08 PM
I think when you pull out a win, and the mmr is at or above the level of all the raiders in the group, a blueprint should drop. If the win is a 'gimme' or its a loss, the chance to drop a blueprint should be much lower.
You'll never get a difficulty score at or above the MMR of all the raiders in the group. The difficulty seems to be calculated as the average value of group member's MMR or very close to it. I've never had a game with similiar or higher difficulty level than my MMR. Currently at 60-70 MMR and mission difficulty goes at around 40-60. I think I once got 65 difficulty game, but that was when I got lucky to get randomly matchmaked with 3 of my favourite players and in that game I was the one getting carried through.

Quanrian

• Eat the game before it devours your life!
    • View Profile
Reply #3 on: April 27, 2018, 12:33:35 AM
That kind of makes sense since they changed what happened at certain difficulty percentages before a few teams actually hit 100%.  Now, once you get around 50% the game is going to really going to make you think twice about just going around punching everything... because they're going to beat you down like a baby seal. Also, I hate to say this TC but it's bothering you because it's all your focused on. This is the biggest crux to grinding for anything is extreme tunnel vision. Forget about it just enough to experiment with other aspects you're likely ignoring like the Card system.

puffy99

• View Profile
Reply #4 on: May 04, 2018, 03:08:58 AM
I am level 61 now I so i have a fair number of hours into this. I gotta tell you awesome game terrible RNG system. Lets face it you play this for the blueprints, not XP, not Gold (for the most part). Winning a game and getting ZIP is total BS and pretty much the reason this game is a nice game that looses it's luster. That coupled with the fact that everyone queues or gets the free mission 75% of the time (my guess), creates additional boredom and frustration. 1 out of 4 chance anyway is BS in my mind if everyone queues for it, zero chance is MINDBLOWINGLY stupid, especially on a win. There you have my feedback-

Quanrian

• Eat the game before it devours your life!
    • View Profile
Reply #5 on: May 04, 2018, 07:28:32 AM
It's better than it was. I am getting blueprints more often than I can build them and it depleted my Gold quick... As you get into higher levels you will realize how much slower your Gold is coming because part of it was from leveling quickly. Could it be better? Yes and maybe in time they'll come up with a different reward system but it wont be right away. They are taking feedback but it has to fit into their pipeline or it's unlikely. Thus, don't expect anything drastic and be thankful they are actually listening at all because even at my most bitter I have to admit they're very active.

puffy99

• View Profile
Reply #6 on: May 04, 2018, 03:17:52 PM
Well i gotta disagree with you. Rewards and progression is the reason people play. Plus people like or dislike certain characters. I for example can't stand the slow characters or slow shooting characters, so i only play maybe 4 main ones. If on the 4th or 5th win i still don't get even a blue for one of those 4 then guess what i will move on to another game where their is a better reward system. It would be VERY easy to fix RNG, -make a win a guaranteed blue or higher for everyone and if the Antag reached a certain benchmark win or lose that should also drop. You could roll for the gold. EVEN if you did that you still have all the WEP levels within the levels that people would have to craft for. As is stands now i will move on to a new release next week on Tues and this will go to the back burner mainly due to this pathetic RNG.  It's a shame cause most everything else is killer especially the art and design.
« Last Edit: May 04, 2018, 03:20:06 PM by puffy99 »