Author Topic: Antagonist Remodel  (Read 3422 times)

TheBrentWoody

• View Profile
Antagonist Remodel
on: April 17, 2018, 09:38:34 PM
Treat antagonist as part of the team. Give rewards based off the highest score achieved. Distribute guns to all maps, and allow drops to be gained by antagonist and 1 raider. Separate affiliation points and gold so that rewards are not split but all are raised by looting attributes

Allow buy into gun drops for a gold premium/purple ticket so if you opt to spend gold then you get the blueprint. Take earnable gold out of premium price.

This will allow cooperative competition between antag and raiders. It will quash major complaints that it forces antag ranks. It will allow full enjoyment of the game in either mode or both.

PS. Designated Antagonist days. Allow random assigning of designated antagonist, and completion of 5? Antag matches rewards 100k gold/rare blueprint/50k affiliation.

Attract antagonists through incentive not walled content.

Level9Drow

• View Profile
Re: Antagonist Remodel
Reply #1 on: April 17, 2018, 09:47:24 PM
This is good, real good. Wow, I hope they're reading this. Everyone would have incentive to try really hard regardless of what side you are on because it would benefit everyone. I would go further and say the system reads the average so it can further motivate everyone to try. This way PvE Antagonists (like me) wouldn't sit unspawned and have incentive to get in there and give them hell. Either way if your side loses but you know you kicked a lot of ass you know that the average will be high and the system will reward EVERYONE based on that average. Talk about innovating what PvP means!

Am I understanding this right? If I am not, please correct me, but this sounds super sweet.

EDIT: To be honest I can't think of ANY other game based on PvP that treats both competing groups as part of the same reward result. This is an amazing idea.

It also takes off the stress of failure and "unfairness" out of the psychology of the player. You are rewarded based on total player performance and not necessarily the other teams failure.
« Last Edit: April 17, 2018, 10:01:37 PM by Level9Drow »

TheBrentWoody

• View Profile
Reply #2 on: April 17, 2018, 09:59:53 PM
You are reading it right

Level9Drow

• View Profile
Reply #3 on: April 17, 2018, 10:07:27 PM
Then this is a game changer dude. Seriously.

MSE please read this!!!!!!

puffy99

• View Profile
Reply #4 on: April 18, 2018, 03:30:00 AM
Very good stuff OP. As a new player i think this whole A/R leveling/cards/blueprints and solo Antag play is in need of some serious rework and thought. If it takes you more than 5 min trying to figure out what is going on and why they did it, then something is wrong.