Author Topic: Aequilibrium  (Read 5656 times)

Jester278

• View Profile
Aequilibrium
on: December 07, 2018, 12:54:12 PM
Can you make this system a little bit fairer please?

Myself and 1 other person managed to get our group from nothing to 30%, after which I logged off.

When I came back, the leeches had already dropped it to 11%, so I decided to play & get some of the rewards that I contributed half the effort towards.

Before I levelled up, it was down to just 1%, and still nobody else is playing as antag.

I just don't think it's fair that they can all just leech the bonus without adding to it at least once per level up.

Now I have to go and earn it all back again or just tolerate the soon to be 0%, as it looks like the other person has somehow moved from the same tier1 room as me, leaving me to do it all on my own now.

MSE_Ojuel

• MercurySteam
    • View Profile
Re: Aequilibrium
Reply #1 on: December 07, 2018, 01:21:46 PM
Can you make this system a little bit fairer please?

Myself and 1 other person managed to get our group from nothing to 30%, after which I logged off.

When I came back, the leeches had already dropped it to 11%, so I decided to play & get some of the rewards that I contributed half the effort towards.

Before I levelled up, it was down to just 1%, and still nobody else is playing as antag.

I just don't think it's fair that they can all just leech the bonus without adding to it at least once per level up.

Now I have to go and earn it all back again or just tolerate the soon to be 0%, as it looks like the other person has somehow moved from the same tier1 room as me, leaving me to do it all on my own now.

That's indeed a bothersome situation. :(

When the Space Guilds update kicks in, you'll be able to share the Aeqilibrium bar with your buddy by teaming up and forming a guild. If nobody else joins your guild, only the two of you will be able to move Aequilibrium towards the Raiders/Antagonist end, with noone else interfering on it. :)
« Last Edit: December 07, 2018, 01:26:16 PM by MSE_Ojuel »

Placelord

• View Profile
Reply #2 on: December 10, 2018, 01:34:27 AM
The guild based aequalibrium change sounds awesome. Does it have a lower limit? Like if I have a guild with just me and maybe 2 other friends?

MSE_Ojuel

• MercurySteam
    • View Profile
Reply #3 on: December 10, 2018, 10:38:43 AM
The guild based aequalibrium change sounds awesome. Does it have a lower limit? Like if I have a guild with just me and maybe 2 other friends?

There's no lower limit, so you can even be alone in your guild, so that no-one besides you can move the Aequilibrium. :)

Jester278

• View Profile
Reply #4 on: December 12, 2018, 12:12:38 PM

When the Space Guilds update kicks in, you'll be able to share the Aeqilibrium bar with your buddy by teaming up and forming a guild. If nobody else joins your guild, only the two of you will be able to move Aequilibrium towards the Raiders/Antagonist end, with noone else interfering on it. :)

That's awesome news, thank you very much :)

MSE_Ojuel

• MercurySteam
    • View Profile
Reply #5 on: December 12, 2018, 04:08:55 PM

You're welcome! :)
BTW, the guilds have arrived: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x_6__rqVR0c

Level9Drow

• View Profile
Reply #6 on: December 12, 2018, 05:49:19 PM

You're welcome! :)
BTW, the guilds have arrived: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x_6__rqVR0c

"SPACELORD MUTHA MUTHA...!!!"

Placelord

• View Profile
Reply #7 on: January 16, 2019, 09:05:49 PM
Wait so does aequilibrium move towards raiders automatically!? We have a pretty tight knit guild so there's no chance that unknown factors are at play. The only events showing for the past 24 hours are members leveling with antag affinity and our balance is still dropping. When I put the game down last night we were dead center. Now I lv as antag and we're back down to 28% with no one at all lv as raider in over a day. Wtf?

LordDraco3

• View Profile
Reply #8 on: January 17, 2019, 08:01:31 PM

Litch

• View Profile
Reply #9 on: January 17, 2019, 10:32:28 PM

This not an incentive though with the current antagonist system, You have dedicate time to many many losses to increase it to the value where it would be useable, only then to log in the next day and have to repeat the process. This is tedious by any standard, for example, i have completely dismissed the usefulness of said stat, using the spaceguild only to find players to play with on my current platform.

It wouldnt be the worst thing in the world if it is only time based on moving towards raiders, but you would need to increase the amount of people allowed within a guild, considering only a fraction of the guild it self is willing to comit time to losing, out of a guild of 20, only 2-3 players would do this. You would need a guild roster for 100 players to even make this remotely reasonable

LordDraco3

• View Profile
Reply #10 on: January 17, 2019, 11:21:01 PM
Yeah the benefits are debatable due to the values, but they may always adjust it in the future. When the aequilibrium system was first added it was always 0% Raider because you have a lot morep layers leveling up that way. 4 players getting games and XP faster level up a lot faster than 1 person, obviously. So over a couple of updates they lowered how much raiding affects the meter, and greatly buffed how much antag affinity moves it.

Guilds were our most recent patch, so after they have more data, they may adjust how fast it decays

MSE_Karen

• Community Manager with thick Spanish accent
  • MercurySteam
  • Cat whisperer
    • View Profile
Reply #11 on: January 18, 2019, 05:30:49 PM
Hi again guys!

As Draco stated, we are always making adjustements based on your feedback.

As you know, the Aequilibrium oscilates between the Raider or the Antagonist orientation depending on the matches you play, the victories and defeats, etc.

As it is concieved now, if the members of a Guild don’t play, the Aequilibrium tends to move toward the extremes. In general, it tends to lean to the Antagonist side because there are more matches played as a Raider than as an Antagonist. In other words, if you play the same amount of matches, let's say 10, as a Raider and as an Antagonist, the Aequilibrium bar is going to favour the Antagonist side because it's "heavier".

This happens because we established a higher variable, which is related with time, before the arrival of the Guilds. This percentage worked fine for the Tiers since there were a lot of players playing in different time zones and the Aequilibrium was always oscilating, but it's different for the Guilds. They are smaller, so if their members don’t play during a weekend, for example, they will see how the Aequilibrium increases or decreases drastically.

To solve this issue, we are going to tweak these numbers, making them more fair for the Guilds. We are working on it right now so you'll most likely see these changes applied in the next updates.

We apologize for the inconveniences this may caused to you. Your feedback has been very useful in order to locate this issue, so thank you very much for your help! ;)
« Last Edit: January 18, 2019, 06:34:29 PM by MSE_Karen »

Placelord

• View Profile
Reply #12 on: January 18, 2019, 07:25:59 PM
Okay I'm down with the system moving towards the antag side to compensate for raider play being more likely. It's just oddly not something that I'm seeing happening. But my way of playing is pretty unusual and therefore not reflective of the wider player base.

Is there a post anywhere by the devs explicitly explaining what factors are involved and to what degree? Not to be pedantic but it's kind of nebulous and prone to speculation atm. For example; some people believe it's wins that move the needle while I believe it's leveling with an affinity that does it. Your post suggests that just playing as one or the other moves it.

If any or all of these factors do move the needle how much? Does it move the same for all players who lv with affinity or is it modulated by lv or performance? If it moves itself over time at what rate does it move per hour?

I know I'm coming off as knitpickey but most games have a wiki or something to refer to when you want to know what the mechanics are actually doing. Heck, I can't even get a consensus among players as to what the term 'reaction' means as it pertains to weapons. Is it the special effect (ie healing, etc) or is it stagger potential? While I don't believe that the devs are obligated to spell every little detail out, specifics are extremely helpful and this community doesn't seem to have the means or will to crack it ourselves.
« Last Edit: January 18, 2019, 07:54:11 PM by Placelord »

MSE_Karen

• Community Manager with thick Spanish accent
  • MercurySteam
  • Cat whisperer
    • View Profile
Reply #13 on: January 22, 2019, 01:40:24 PM
Hello guys,

I think there has been a misunderstanding regarding my previous explanation. I apologize if we explained it in the wrong way.

In fact, the Aequilibrium is less complicated than it may seem. The Aequilibrium moves to one side or another when a member from the Guild levels up having a certain affinity. If the player leveled up with Raider affinity, the bar will move toward the Raider extreme; if the member of the Guild leveled up as an Antagonist, the Aequilibrium will move toward the Antagonist side.

Since there’s a disproportion between Raiders and Antagonists, it’s important to have in mind that obtaining the Antagonist affinity is easier because it’s heavier.

Just imagine a two hours lapse without levelling up. The Aequilibrium will move by itself toward the side it was inclined before. During the first hours, the movement will be subtle, but it will increase as time passes if no one in the Guild levels up. At this moment, the Aequilibrium increases its speed after 12 hours and then it increases again after 36/ 96/ 168 hours. When a member of the Guild levels up, this time resets to 0 and the Aequilibrium stops moving by itself.

We hope this clarify things.

Thank you very much!

Placelord

• View Profile
Reply #14 on: January 24, 2019, 07:35:56 PM
Yeah totally. Not that you've explained I do see it in action. Also guild size is big factor. After absorbing these explainations and increasing our guild size, aequalibrium isn't really a problem to maintain anymore. TY