Author Topic: Vortex isn't critting?  (Read 13314 times)

TheBrentWoody

• View Profile
Vortex isn't critting?
on: April 10, 2018, 09:14:52 AM
I've 20% chance. Haven't critting with it on a lot.

TheBrentWoody

• View Profile
Re: Vortex isn't critting?
Reply #1 on: April 10, 2018, 09:16:01 AM
To clarify I've never critting with it

ArnoldCat

• View Profile
Reply #2 on: April 10, 2018, 10:09:11 AM
Yes it does:

TheBrentWoody

• View Profile
Reply #3 on: April 11, 2018, 01:12:30 AM
Maybe mine is glitched? I've 13 points in it. Never

TheBrentWoody

• View Profile
Reply #4 on: April 11, 2018, 01:44:04 AM
What circumstances does it crit?

ArnoldCat

• View Profile
Reply #5 on: April 11, 2018, 02:08:02 AM
What circumstances does it crit?

I don't do anything special, just use it normally.

Also i haven't spent a point on critical chance.

I have to say the critic shoots appear fairly frequent, i even have a double critic, i mean one after another on one single unload.

I think i have it on video, i gonna search for it once i finish working and go to my home, maybe 5 hours from now.

TheBrentWoody

• View Profile
Reply #6 on: April 11, 2018, 02:58:10 AM
Hmm. Lame.

Black_Adder_

• View Profile
Reply #7 on: April 11, 2018, 09:00:13 AM
Maybe it doesn't crit on mobs to prevent 1 hit multikills, but it definitely crit on squids as shown on screen above even at level 0. I used it yesterday on Uras Beherit mission and got critical hits all the time.

MSE_Jvela

• MercurySteam Developer
    • View Profile
Reply #8 on: April 11, 2018, 11:06:05 AM
Hi TheBrentWoody!

What you commented is quite weird, but I think is just the magic of probability. I can assure you there is nothing but the %chance affecting the critical system. Please let us know if this continues happening to you.

TheBrentWoody

• View Profile
Reply #9 on: April 11, 2018, 11:41:54 PM
I've only critter with it on the new maps. Never on In Shock. I've 18 percent crit. Pumped out well over 500 rounds. Dunno what the bug could be. Dunno. It is weird.

TheBrentWoody

• View Profile
Reply #10 on: April 12, 2018, 07:05:09 PM
Can Confirm.  PLayed IN Shock a LOT last night and no crits on Beholder/Tentacles/Mooks/Kuzzman.

MSE_Meta

• MercurySteam Developer
    • View Profile
Reply #11 on: April 13, 2018, 01:35:12 PM
Hey Brent,

We've been checking it again but we haven't found any issues, even with the lv0 version of the weapon. It's critting correctly on the Beholder, its tentacles, Dr. Kuzmann and the other enemies in the level.

I totally subscribe to MSE_Jvela's words: it must be utterly bad luck.
Thank you for your support and time!

TheBrentWoody

• View Profile
Reply #12 on: April 13, 2018, 05:34:43 PM
I have recorded three matches. Last night. Double Agent. In Shock. In Shock. That sort of bad luck is astronomically unlikely. I don't think the problem is likely to be the gun. It is more likely interactions breaking the code.

I would be on board with the bad luck idea if it eventually ended. It hasn't. I've literally critter in one match playing with different cards.

I'm just saying with a full clip I should crit 98% of the time once. I shot something like 1500 bullets yesterday without crit. I should have critted 250 times. I've crit 0. And the above example is just about YESTERDAY, not the days prior.   Six shots per clip, 20% chance to crit per bullet.  One should crit.  I'd be satisfied if I crit every now and then just 1 per match sometimes, but it is nothing.  The thing is broken somehow MORE THAN LIKELY.  There IS a slight possibility it is just bad rolls over and over, sure.  But take a d6 (which has 1/6th chance or 16% (less than my vortex crit chance) and try to roll it 4000 times without a 6.

Or...Buy me a lottery ticket?  HAH. 

I'm just saying the likelyhood of it just being bad luck is approaching 0.  Every shot I take and don't crit that idea has less value.  So, maybe check its interaction with the cards I use which is Harmony and Stoicism.  If that's not it, see if anything about locked cards pre-patch could mess with new code.  A friend has reported no crits on Warm with Hans while using a prepatch card, as well.

Or, if you really wanna go nuts, just replace the Stoicism I have with a brand new one...no functional change, but rolled since patch, and I'll play test it later.  Hah. Because I've critted using different cards once.  In one match out of all the ones I've played with Vortex and Iune. , I've used different cards 1 time with Vortex.  And I got to crit that time.  Heh. 
« Last Edit: April 13, 2018, 06:00:34 PM by TheBrentWoody »

MSE_Meta

• MercurySteam Developer
    • View Profile
Reply #13 on: April 13, 2018, 06:07:12 PM
We'll have a look into those combinations, thank you :)

TheBrentWoody

• View Profile
Reply #14 on: April 15, 2018, 12:20:22 AM
So, I rebuilt the gun, rolled cards, everything I could think to do. Nothing is making this gun crit.