Author Topic: So, I love this Game.  (Read 3287 times)

TheBrentWoody

• View Profile
So, I love this Game.
on: April 09, 2018, 05:34:51 PM
Seems like we bitch and moan a lot about things that come out, either due to frustration or concern.

I just want to make it clear that I love this game.  It has some flaws, but ultimately I wouldn't spend my time playing it if I didn't thoroughly enjoy it.  We've got a great community, and it's quite fun.  The player base can sort out MOST of the issues the game has. (Blueprints for example can be assigned to the people you play with, and you just let those guys roll on them.)  But, even still, I play without my friends too.  Hah.

So. Thanks Mercury Steam for making a great game.  We see you trying. We appreciate you.

MonsieurSamson

• View Profile
Re: So, I love this Game.
Reply #1 on: April 09, 2018, 05:49:04 PM
I love the game too.
What has driven me into it is the art direction, which is stellar.
I keep playing because the game is very good...but the roll for blueprints is what prevents me to recommend this game to my friends.

gearedbeast

• View Profile
Reply #2 on: April 09, 2018, 07:16:56 PM
almost everyone that post  something always state they do in fact love the game after mentioning it's faults, I've done the same in the past, but that love is equal met with frustration and even hate.
even though the negative emotions are justified I think the community needs to adjust it's communication skills. Even when you're in the right and justified, not even the most humble or reasonable of people can tolerate being shit on or having salt poured in to the wound.

When communicating with Mercurysteam please remember that they are humans and they have in fact proved they are trying and to show them that we care about this game and want to work with them we need to act like adults with reasoning, not assuming they're not listening and calling them names.

When you have a suggestion or solution, make a simple and easy post with little to no emotions. MS can read it and understand it without getting stressed out and probably hating the post. If you want to rant and blow off steam make sure to put it in the title and separate it from a suggestion. Sometimes they need to hear our emotions both good and bad but that shouldn't get in the way of constructive criticism. 

the game is good, the community is good, the devs are good. we all just need a little work and better communication.

Level9Drow

• View Profile
Reply #3 on: April 09, 2018, 07:54:25 PM
When you care and are interested in something greatly you invest in it. When you invest in it, you become more sensitive to the things you don't like. If we DIDN'T care about the game or enjoy it then the things we didn't like wouldn't matter to us, we would just shrug our shoulders and move to another game.

But I get what you mean, and even agree. It's important to state that you do actually love the game and to point out what they're doing well to keep perspective.

What the game does right is have a good roster of unique heroes, excellently designed aesthetically to appeal to my demographic (adult male gamers, hence rated M), let's be real, most game companies would be too chicken shit to make a hero like Ginebra here in the western world and I commend them for their bravery. The level objectives are also very fun and engaging. The weapons and the way they work and are so diverse and unique are also amazing and engaging. The level designs are truly epic and interesting. The boss fights are actual boss fights.

This is what makes it so frustrating that the issues it does have get in the way of this, to a degree. I will stay with the game. I may piss and moan a lot, many of you who are used to me know this, but I won't go anywhere. I love this game.

XjabberwockieX

• View Profile
Reply #4 on: April 11, 2018, 05:14:38 AM
Yes you guys are right. Mercury Steam I have been vocal about skin prices and antagonists but damn do I love this game despite its flaws. I can tell its a labor of love and I love the character designs. This game has a great look. THANKYOU for this game and I cant wait for the 4th campaign. (Hoping there are more seasons too, will founders pack again in a heartbeat!)

BloodNekoKiux

• View Profile
Reply #5 on: April 11, 2018, 06:19:41 AM
I love this game, and I don't know what else to say other than stick if your guns and keep making the game you had set out for. I'm not going anywhere and will continue to stream and make vods for this game. ;D 

DRKLORD36

• View Profile
Reply #6 on: April 11, 2018, 11:14:28 PM
FUCK DA LOVE   
.   FIX THE DAMN RAIDERS HEATH 60 100 140 IS TO LOW FOR HEATH
WHEN WE TAKIN ON A ARMY & ANTAG.....STOP MAKIN US FIGHT OVER BLUEPRINTS