Author Topic: White Noise Needs Work  (Read 1940 times)

Litch

• View Profile
White Noise Needs Work
on: January 15, 2019, 11:23:07 AM
After playing this map multiple times its probably the most frustrating map i have ever played on,

Im Currently level 40 ish, so this isnt a brand new player post that needs to learn to play.

My first and biggest problem with this map is the knockback/float thing in phase 2, it takes you off the platform 100% of the time, no matter how far away from the edge you are, The only way i have found to dodge this mechanic so far is by engaging a successful grapple at the exact time it goes off, for the iframes.
I have tried out ranging it, does not work.
i have tried hiding in cover this also does not work,
i have tried both together, does not work.
The thing with it is it doesnt always hit you too, even if your super close, its a frustrating mechanic to deal with, i would say this mechanic right here has lost me 70% of games on this map.

To my second problem with the balance of this map,
The mines that the little bugs drop, there is no timer on them before they explode?
this is silly, they litterally drop them on top of you at times, if you was about to engage an elite, now are you dead with absolutely no way of dealing with it, i've seen players rage quit many times because of this, which although you added a bot to help out, just means you've probably lost due to the bot dying over and over making you run out of lives, only then to float off the platform to a mission fail.

My 3rd and final problem with this map, is the mines scale with MMR, so with some characters (alicia for example) your litterally unloading half your ammo to kill one mine, when the map is flooded with them.

Suggestions to change some of this for the better.

The float mechanic needs fixing or if you want it to remain as is, if you get picked up close to middle then you shouldnt be taking right off the edge, could drop you close to the edge or something like that.

To the mine layers, just give them a 1 second delay before they explode right after being planted, the ones already down can insta explode, so it cant be exploited just by triggering them and rolling out of the damage, this would be fair in my eyes. Atleast this way if you have fast reactions and situational awareness, you wont get BS oneshot into a grapple that you cannot do a thing about.

My final suggestion to fixing the mines that scale with MMR. would be to change them so they only take a number of hits to kill, maybe 3 hits? thats fair considering lots of characters have low ammo number due to explosive type weapons. This at any MMR then would be useful, I mean the amount of mines that gets layed if you cant kill them, its pretty much a loss.

Anyways thanks for reading if you got this far, please address some of these issues.

Litterally me and all my friends agree this is the worst map in the game, we avoid like the plague, even if it has rare blueprints on

LordDraco3

• View Profile
Re: White Noise Needs Work
Reply #1 on: January 16, 2019, 07:47:24 PM
Just don't be in the float range when it goes off. Watch the floor for a blue glow, that's the area that it hits. No, you cannot hide from it, but you can stand somewhere else when it shoots. It shoots in a cone shape so it covers more ground at the back compared to being closer to nimrod.

I do agree that mines and miners have wayyyyy too much HP. It's crazy that they have 100-200+ health when all the other bathonymous in the game have 1 health.

Level9Drow

• View Profile
Reply #2 on: January 16, 2019, 08:11:45 PM
The telekenetic blast is a cone effect that only hits a portion of the map. It telegraphs before it blast, you have to get completely out of it's cone area of effect BEFORE it blasts by moving out of the way when you see the blue waves telegraph. Move to a spot with NO blue waves being telegraphed.

Other than this, yea, you are spot on. The little miners who drop mines suck and need to be looked at.

Litch

• View Profile
Reply #3 on: January 17, 2019, 08:08:26 AM
Thanks for the explanation of the aoe. i honestly thought it was map wide, i have only ever seen a blue floor thing once, right before it goes off. now that i know its a cone i'll be more careful