Author Topic: The Painkiller  (Read 4843 times)

Tekato

• View Profile
The Painkiller
on: September 21, 2018, 07:03:25 PM
Honestly the damage and fire rate are fine for what it's meant to be but the healing is terrible. Only seen it heal for 4 which isn't going to save anyone lol. I feel like it should be increased to at least 15 hp and even that might be too low.

Lehi

• View Profile
Re: The Painkiller
Reply #1 on: September 21, 2018, 07:24:04 PM
What is the weapon's build and your card build?

Tekato

• View Profile
Reply #2 on: September 21, 2018, 07:36:58 PM
What is the weapon's build and your card build?
Well the only stats you can build it for are caliber and arsenal so i maxed those out, the other options are treasure hunter and affiliation. Hmm for cards i rarely use alicia so don't know much about her popular cards so i just went with maelstrom and support. Idk if regen cards or damage cards even affect the healing on her gun  but they probably don't and if they did you would need over 400% increase to make it viable.
« Last Edit: September 21, 2018, 07:38:52 PM by Tekato »

Tekato

• View Profile
Reply #3 on: September 22, 2018, 09:37:11 PM
Anyone else find this gun's healing to be useless in it's current state? Or am I just doing something wrong lol.

Lehi

• View Profile
Reply #4 on: September 22, 2018, 09:52:28 PM
I think this PainKiller is very strong. Gun's reach, base damage, and firing rate is high. Bullet spread is similar to Vinc. And healing bullets are great helping hand in a group fight.

I used this weapon, and I found the firing rate is very high. Arsenal can go up to 13 rounds. The firing rate goes up as you continuously shoot.

Gun's base damage is high and it can multi-hitting a large enemy. In 3 triggers, you may bring a normal enemy down. Elite bruiser may take some more, but I was able to take care 1 normal and 1 bruiser (with finisher) without reloading. MMR was around 40% at that time.

This will be nurfed rather than boosted, IMO.

Tekato

• View Profile
Reply #5 on: September 22, 2018, 10:19:43 PM
I think this PainKiller is very strong. Gun's reach, base damage, and firing rate is high. Bullet spread is similar to Vinc. And healing bullets are great helping hand in a group fight.

I used this weapon, and I found the firing rate is very high. Arsenal can go up to 13 rounds. The firing rate goes up as you continuously shoot.

Gun's base damage is high and it can multi-hitting a large enemy. In 3 triggers, you may bring a normal enemy down. Elite bruiser may take some more, but I was able to take care 1 normal and 1 bruiser (with finisher) without reloading. MMR was around 40% at that time.

This will be nurfed rather than boosted, IMO.
I know the gun itself is really good but the healing specifically is completely worthless. I can see them nerfing the clip size or spread but the healing absolutely needs to be increased by a decent amount.

Lehi

• View Profile
Reply #6 on: September 22, 2018, 10:48:42 PM
Healing is fine, IMO.

At a group fight, you can back up your team mate about 20 health, while he gets a punch. (I have not paid attention to damage given to Antag, but you can expect some damage to him, too.) One punch can give around 80 damage. You may not able to save Shea, but you maybe able to save Lycus.

Since Alicia is not a healer by design, this is good enough for her.

Tekato

• View Profile
Reply #7 on: September 23, 2018, 02:52:18 AM
Healing is fine, IMO.

At a group fight, you can back up your team mate about 20 health, while he gets a punch. (I have not paid attention to damage given to Antag, but you can expect some damage to him, too.) One punch can give around 80 damage. You may not able to save Shea, but you maybe able to save Lycus.

Since Alicia is not a healer by design, this is good enough for her.
I know she's not a healer but come on 5 hp heals is just pathetic lol. You're not saving anyone not even lycus, any decent antags or enemies above 40% mmr will just deal too much damage. You'd have to empty like 5 full clips on someone to fully heal them and by then their own regen would have healed them completely. The main selling point of the gun is it's ability to heal and it can't really do that so might aswell just stick with the R&R.
« Last Edit: September 23, 2018, 03:13:30 AM by Tekato »

Level9Drow

• View Profile
Reply #8 on: September 23, 2018, 03:58:04 AM
She was healing me for 40ish a shot. Weird.

Tekato

• View Profile
Reply #9 on: September 23, 2018, 04:35:58 AM
She was healing me for 40ish a shot. Weird.
Wow that's a big difference are you sure it was Alicia? I wonder how that's possible.

Level9Drow

• View Profile
Reply #10 on: September 24, 2018, 06:46:12 AM
You know what it was? My side was counting the shots landing on me every second, not ever shot, so it would register on my aide after she shot me like 5 times. i just got this gun, it heals pretty damn good. It fires 3 to 4 shots a second, about 4 to 9 health per shot. That's 12 to 27 health a second. That's fine it makes you forcus on damage or healing. Aside form this, it cleaves through enemies and allies, so you can shoot your ally and enemies at the same time. And I feel the damage is really good compared to Novera and Eager. I feel this gun should have been what Novera should have been like in terms of damage and RoF. And the final thing I noticed, it's not an alternate fire, you sust do damage to enemies and heal allies, not alternate fire. Hence the reason why you can do both at the same time.

This is a really good gun.
« Last Edit: September 24, 2018, 06:58:19 AM by Level9Drow »

Placelord

• View Profile
Reply #11 on: January 12, 2019, 06:59:39 AM
Maybe I missed it, this is a long thread. But, does increasing Calibur increase the healing?

Lancer

• "Do what you will, you'll do it anyway"
    • View Profile
Reply #12 on: January 12, 2019, 05:37:42 PM
Sadly it does not

Placelord

• View Profile
Reply #13 on: January 12, 2019, 07:50:16 PM
Damn that was a waste of a forge. I've been experimenting with unconventional ways to antag. I was hoping to use it to heal bosses.

Tekato

• View Profile
Reply #14 on: January 12, 2019, 10:26:17 PM
Damn that was a waste of a forge. I've been experimenting with unconventional ways to antag. I was hoping to use it to heal bosses.
Bosses have thousands of health points the gun only heals like 8 hp at most.... I've been asking for these healing guns to get buffed but everyone seems fine with it. Meanwhile schneider is laughing with his bonus card at those tiny heals.

Honestly i've given up on suggesting things since i've seen some shady things going on but I'll keep my mouth shut. At the end of the day it's the devs choice who they want to listen to.
« Last Edit: January 12, 2019, 10:35:01 PM by Tekato »