Author Topic: Finisher Animations...  (Read 2137 times)

Level9Drow

• View Profile
Finisher Animations...
on: December 07, 2018, 10:42:05 PM
Are the lengths of time for finisher animations different among the characters? I notice some seem very fast other very long. For instance, Mikah's Elite finisher is very fast, but Valeria's is very long. As far as grunt finishers from a grab, Mikah's is long and Hans's is very fast.

I only ask because it is kind of relevant when planing what you are going to do next during you own  finisher or against someone finishing an ally.

you know how you can grab an Elite right after they finish an ally? You can do the same against en enemy player, but the timing is more finer. It also depends on if they react at all. The game will make you golden and immune to all damage UNLESS you attack and then they can react. When an antag finishes an ally stand right there unafraid and the second they finish grab, they should react, even though they would realistically have no time to do so, and then you will grab them immediately. If they, or you, are smart, you will not attack while in immunity and merely walk away making all attacks bounce off. But the moment you attack you'r immunity only protects you against weapon fire the CQC if in full effect.

LordDraco3

• View Profile
Re: Finisher Animations...
Reply #1 on: December 07, 2018, 11:51:04 PM
Yeah It's great to just walk away from a group if I score a kill, and watch like 2 or 3 grabs bounce off my gloriously golden aleph-powered body.

Level9Drow

• View Profile
Reply #2 on: December 07, 2018, 11:58:45 PM
That's right, in this instance the most offensive move is to just walk away. Unless they're new players, then you just spam the grab button in a pack of them because they don't know about timing yet.

Placelord

• View Profile
Reply #3 on: December 10, 2018, 01:41:32 AM
Oh that changes everything. Does the immunity apply to ad bullets too?

MSE_Karen

• Community Manager with thick Spanish accent
  • MercurySteam
  • Cat whisperer
    • View Profile
Reply #4 on: January 11, 2019, 06:41:51 PM
Hi there!

Indeed, the length of the finishers is different depending on the character. Some characters' animations used to be larger, like the Konstantin one, but we decided to shorten them so they wouldn't take forever.

Moreover, the characters have different moves (grab, flip, etc.) so it's hard for them to last the same. What is certain is that we try they are shorter when attacking an elite, since it may result in a disadvantage for the player.