Author Topic: [Question] Highest DPS for Mikah's Barrier?  (Read 4281 times)

AngryDango

• View Profile
[Question] Highest DPS for Mikah's Barrier?
on: January 11, 2019, 06:20:19 AM
Can anyone tell me how to min max my Barrier weapon for Mikah at max level forge so that it has the highest DPS possible for that weapon?

LordDraco3

• View Profile
Re: [Question] Highest DPS for Mikah's Barrier?
Reply #1 on: January 11, 2019, 08:26:52 AM
Barrier isn't a DPS weapon, it's support. Max dynamic is an absolute must. Then caliber, with leftover points in lethal.

AngryDango

• View Profile
Reply #2 on: January 11, 2019, 03:08:12 PM
Barrier isn't a DPS weapon, it's support. Max dynamic is an absolute must. Then caliber, with leftover points in lethal.

Thank you for the input! I understand that Barrier isn't meant to be a dps weapon, but I don't feel that a max reload is absolutely necessary. At least with the games that I've been playing with Barrier, I feel that a reload speed of lvl 10 was good enough for me, so I want to focus on DPS for now.
« Last Edit: January 11, 2019, 03:28:32 PM by AngryDango »

LordDraco3

• View Profile
Reply #3 on: January 11, 2019, 07:16:25 PM
IMO the gun has quite a slow base reload. But if you feel reload is sufficient, that's totally your prerogative.

Just remember Dynamic boosts both the reload (which is required for dropping the shields, since it drops the mag) AND the fire rate. More bullets put out = more DPS, and less time spent in reload animations = more time spent shooting.

Also consider this- even though the DPS is low compared to other weapons, the ability to completely nullify all incoming damage means it will win any DPS race. Kon or Schneider shooting at you? Drop a shield and their DPS becomes 0, you will win that firefight. I personally consider it an extremely frustrating and OP weapon to fight against due to the fact that, even with low shot damage, it will win any shootout, or force the enemy into CQC, which is to Mikah's advantage with her clone tricks.

Quanrian

• Eat the game before it devours your life!
    • View Profile
Reply #4 on: February 09, 2019, 04:34:00 AM
Just wanted to add, no matter what you do if you're not landing headshots with the gun you're wasting your time thinking about DPS. The DPS drops off significantly when you're not getting consistent headshots and for this reason it's absolutely awful for fast moving targets. A Hans Antagonist for example (Draco!) will laugh as you put your bubble down and try to 'hit' them consistently and strike or grapple you during the noticeable pauses between each shot you're probably missing. For your safety, put the bubble on someone else and act like a sniper.