Author Topic: Cutscenes skip. Seriously.  (Read 2595 times)

Placelord

• View Profile
Cutscenes skip. Seriously.
on: January 08, 2019, 05:00:50 AM
We're how many patches in and the cutscenes skip option is still trash? Is this something that's too difficult or is it just not a priority? This is a seriously irritating problem, and the biggest reason I see new players quit.

When I antag it's for the sake of other players. I'm trying to help out my tier or assist people to get their rewards. But if I exit out of the game after the match concludes I get penalized. Some jerk wants to feel big and I just have to sit there and take it, regardless of how sporting I was being.

Why do I have to watch a cutscenes when I've lost? Why can't I just exit to menu? I only have few hours a week (if I'm lucky) to game and I spend the majority of it setting down my controller and doing something else. So many decisions in this game just feel like the developers don't have any respect for the players time or have to clue that it's even an issue anyone might have.

Make scene skip a vote. This is not doing anyone any good, newbies can watch the cutscenes on thier own time if they need to. The story is going to get presented out of order anyways, so it's not like they're going to gleam any sense of what's going on the first time through.

THIS IS A WASTE OF TIME AND MOST PEOPLE WHO DON'T SKIP DO SO BECAUSE THEY KNOW IT IS A WASTE AND WANT TO TROLL.
« Last Edit: January 08, 2019, 05:11:08 AM by Placelord »

XjabberwockieX

• View Profile
Re: Cutscenes skip. Seriously.
Reply #1 on: January 08, 2019, 06:16:31 PM
Its the new players that keep watching the cutscenes..Its the way the mmr system is setup that cause new players to quit. Throwing a lone lv.5 into a team with myself and two other guildmates at 60mmr where they have ABSOLUTELY no business being and rendering them completely INEFFECTIVE and dying constantly is why they quit after 3 minutes and uninstall the game.  Its an easy fix too, just set the matches mmr to the mmr of the lowest player, period. When you have a great squad with high mmr its a tough match, when its a mentor match of a low level the difficulty is greatly reduced for all involved and the noob can continue to grow and develop their skillset AND be a contributor in the battle. Cutscenes should be voted on, but they are the last reason new players quit.

Placelord

• View Profile
Reply #2 on: January 08, 2019, 07:29:44 PM
Cool. I aggree wholly that the matchmaking balance is a huge problem. With all due respect, would it be possible to stay on topic? My experience on these forums is this;

I give feedback on a problem. Someone completely invalidates any legitimate case I'm making by hyper focusing on a single statement. Either the topic is changed to another unrelated issue or it becomes an argument about semantics. Then the thread dies without the problem ever being addressed.

The OP is about the current cut scene skip being a means by which players can waste other players time unnecessarily. Moreso that there is no good reason why a player who has lost a match (or the match has concluded) should be forced to sit around and do nothing at threat of being penalized.

Whether this is the key reason this game is off-putting is irrelevant. The point is that this and other aspects of the game are un needed  timesinks and is disrespectful of the time we invest. The amount of meaningful gameplay you can get into over the course of an hour compared to other games in this genre is laughable. Imagine if this same system was in overwatch or fortnite, it'd be unacceptable.
« Last Edit: January 08, 2019, 07:52:31 PM by Placelord »

XjabberwockieX

• View Profile
Reply #3 on: January 08, 2019, 08:26:51 PM
100% agree cutscenes after the first time are a waste of time, break up the flow of the game and when we are forced to watch them repeatedly by either new players/antagonists/people who need a quick bathroom break. It can be maddening. I know I went off on a tangent about mmr but I felt like I had to address your assertion that a person's  inability to skip cutscenes we're driving away new players worse than anything else and I obviously disagree with that. A overall player vote should be implemented into cutscenes so that they don't detract from the flow of the game and waste 99% of players' time.
 The entire subject is extra frustrating because these things have been brought up numerous times and it's pretty obvious that Mercurysteam is just not interested in changing it, in fact with the cinema mode they have given us an ADDITIONAL way to enjoy the cutscenes not address our desire to bypass them in favor of maximizing our game time.
« Last Edit: January 08, 2019, 08:29:29 PM by XjabberwockieX »

Placelord

• View Profile
Reply #4 on: January 09, 2019, 12:52:19 AM
Ty for the added perspective. It's just that things are frustrating enough as it is (for reasons you've highlighted), the watch trolling is just that extra poke in the eye that pushes me over the edge.

When I lose I just want to get back in there and show I can win. But then to have to stew in it just kills all the momentum.
« Last Edit: January 09, 2019, 03:54:04 AM by Placelord »

XjabberwockieX

• View Profile
Reply #5 on: January 09, 2019, 07:59:29 AM
I wonder if its possible that each person has the choice to watch them or not. If I choose to skip the cutscene could I spawn into the game and get started regardless if Johnny Lv.5 decides to watch the cutscene or not. Perhaps Huey, Dewie or Louie could spawn in their place until they are done watching it. If the antagonist wants to watch it, let them, it really only hurts their time to make our lives hell. I believe this is a good idea that could satisfy everyone as well.