Author Topic: How do I just BUY a character?  (Read 7503 times)

Ronyn

• View Profile
How do I just BUY a character?
on: April 07, 2018, 03:06:57 AM
Hello I'm very new. Maybe I misunderstood something here...
but I bought the ultimate edition. Now I'd like to buy one of the characters that looks interesting to me. Is that not an option?

ArnoldCat

• View Profile
Re: How do I just BUY a character?
Reply #1 on: April 07, 2018, 03:22:14 AM
Hello I'm very new. Maybe I misunderstood something here...
but I bought the ultimate edition. Now I'd like to buy one of the characters that looks interesting to me. Is that not an option?

No.

You need to level up to "qualify" to buy a character with gold that you earn by playing the game or leveling up.

The option to buy directly a character with real money was taken out on the recent patch.

Ronyn

• View Profile
Reply #2 on: April 07, 2018, 03:34:46 AM
Ah thanks for the answer.
That is unfortunate.  Particularly because the level up system doesn't even seem to be working. I haven't gained a single point of experience despite completing multiple missions. lol

BloodNekoKiux

• View Profile
Reply #3 on: April 07, 2018, 03:37:43 AM
Are you doing solo or multiplayer? If your only doing solo that's why, you only gain XP from multiplayer.

Ronyn

• View Profile
Reply #4 on: April 07, 2018, 03:41:41 AM
Oh wow. Thanks for clearing that up.
I did not understand what I was getting when I bought this. Impulse purchase bit me in the rear. lol

Ronyn

• View Profile
Reply #5 on: April 11, 2018, 04:53:24 AM
Welp, now that I have put in a decent amount of hours I feel like this game has an amazing core gameplay experience but it's progression system is flawed partly because it expects us to play the same campaigns a zillion times to unlock everything. Coincidentally one of the main reasons I got this game was to play Ginebra and it turns out she is the last character to unlock. This isnt cool. I'd rather just by her already.

LordDraco3

• View Profile
Reply #6 on: April 11, 2018, 05:11:51 AM
It will only take a few days to reach Ginebra level if you had the max number of x2 boosters from the old system. Without those it will just take roughly double the amount of games, obviously, so it won't take you longer than a couple of weeks at best. Wayyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy less time than it previously took to grind enough gold for her, which could take months

Ronyn

• View Profile
Reply #7 on: April 11, 2018, 07:11:32 AM
I hear ya. And I am glad to hear it has improved. It just doesn't feel like there is enough variety in the play to warrant that time investment.

LordDraco3

• View Profile
Reply #8 on: April 11, 2018, 09:42:49 AM
every game brings new challenges.... especially when Antagonists show up! So many people seem to hate it, but I get a lot more fun out of dealing with a player.

Ronyn

• View Profile
Reply #9 on: April 11, 2018, 07:31:14 PM
every game brings new challenges.... especially when Antagonists show up! So many people seem to hate it, but I get a lot more fun out of dealing with a player.

I aso find enjoyment when there is an antagonist in the match. The larger problem is how the systems work together.
That is to say: a lot of people seem to only have the early campaign, so the vast majority of matches I've experienced so far are in the same handfull of missions.
Then it costs so much gold to get a character, that if I want to save up for one it means I only have access to the started characters to play. Then, if I wanted to try different weapons I have to hope that one drops and I get a roll, but even if I'm lucky enough to get the roll I then have to buy it costs gold which will take away from me saving up for a a character. lol

This game is fun but the progression system seems to be built for a game with WAY more content than their actually is. I get that its meant to give the player something to strive for long term but, in my opinion, this game just doesn't have the breadth to keep the average person interest long enough to get the unlocks.

This is concerning for the games longevity

tonicmole

• View Profile
Reply #10 on: April 19, 2018, 07:16:33 AM
That reminds me of when I bought Star Wars Battle front wanting to play as a Twi'lik only to find out you have to be level 50. I did finally unlock her and burned out immediately after. :P Took so long to get there I was done.

TheBrentWoody

• View Profile
Reply #11 on: April 19, 2018, 05:26:55 PM
Ronyn.  Actually doing everything well takes some time.  I'm pretty sure the only reason I'm still playing is that I found a group I enjoy playing with, and I'm quite neurotic.  Ha.  Not a lot of content is true, but mastering that content takes awhile for most everyone. 

Ronyn

• View Profile
Reply #12 on: April 21, 2018, 10:35:10 PM
Ronyn.  Actually doing everything well takes some time.  I'm pretty sure the only reason I'm still playing is that I found a group I enjoy playing with, and I'm quite neurotic.  Ha.  Not a lot of content is true, but mastering that content takes awhile for most everyone.

That is definitely true. It takes time to really master this stuff. I have been playing this game quite a bit for a couple of weeks now. I really enjoy the mix of melee and gunplay...and I'm often suprised at which characters are the ones I end up enjoying the most.

Still, not being able to level up in single player is rough. And some of the unlock/progression systems are way too dependent on luck.

This is one of those games that I can enjoy for certain reasons but I;d have trouble recommending this to most gamers I know. They just wouldn't put up with most of it's strange choices.

Quanrian

• Eat the game before it devours your life!
    • View Profile
Reply #13 on: April 27, 2018, 12:20:07 AM
As others have stated, the breadth you speak of is less in the campaign (the stage) and more about the characters (actors). Depending on who you play as and who ends up on the opposing side it can dramatically affect how you approach a mission. Once you find even a single player to continue playing with you will start realizing synergies between characters. It's no exaggeration to say even those that have been playing since the beginning have not mastered every character or combination. For this reason, I often tell people it's a deceptively deep game.

sickhammer

• meaningless [C]ode
    • View Profile
Reply #14 on: April 27, 2018, 04:58:28 AM
what smarta$$ wanted unlocks by levels when u have 50 players max per day... i mean u find matches but it's weird, they should've left both options and also SOLO with no Blueprints and Faction Tokens is so scummy, give 50% or 30% of rewards at least if not full.
if i want to progress and there are no players how can i progress?