Author Topic: Target indicators  (Read 4447 times)

Karrendaen

• View Profile
Target indicators
on: April 06, 2018, 03:27:35 PM
After loosing a game that we almost won easily (only 6 raiders deaths and the Antagonist was unable to do anything) just because one player didn't attack the "door" in front of the teleportation platform in the new Campaign, I relaised that there are 2 quick messages seriously lacking in the game for communication between raiders : A "Attack this target" and a "Don't attack this target" markers.

We tried to make the player (a Konstantin) understand that we needed him to attack the "door" too but since he was lvl 1 I guess he didn't know or wasn't aware that we could attack it, and an Alice, a Ginebra and a Harec weren't enough to do it on time. If we had a way to mark the target, maybe that wouldn't happen.

This scenario happens a lot in many missions, people run like headless chickens and don't understand what to do (like in the fight with Aneshka). If only the players could have a way to designate targets it would help a lot, especially by giving a way to "teach" the unexperienced players (I don't say I'm experienced though).

TheBrentWoody

• View Profile
Re: Target indicators
Reply #1 on: April 06, 2018, 06:07:02 PM
Alicia can jump that wall and extract for a quick win if you're in trouble there.

Level9Drow

• View Profile
Reply #2 on: April 06, 2018, 07:07:14 PM
I agree, I ran into this a few times myself. they should make the little yellow target icon flash or something.

As for ThebrentWoody's comment: That's why Alicia says to Lycus in the cut scene before this mission, "Leave that to me."

TheBrentWoody

• View Profile
Reply #3 on: April 06, 2018, 09:20:16 PM
The custom waypoint tag would be great.  Yeah.  Like the warframe mechanic.  Tag targets/locations/etc

Karrendaen

• View Profile
Reply #4 on: April 07, 2018, 10:13:38 PM
Happened again twice today. There is a real need here if we have something more complex than "Me see me shoot" kind of missions

Deetsitmeister

• har-at's my boy!
    • View Profile
Reply #5 on: April 08, 2018, 03:06:50 AM
I just started playing and I agree with this,

On Low Blow, at the end of the mission, you have to destroy the forcefield generator at the bottom, I knew this from a previous run on solo, but when I played multiplayer, the others didn't and because it has a lot more health we ran out of time because I couldn't do enough damage to destroy it.

The game doesn't even tell you you have to shoot it.

XjabberwockieX

• View Profile
Reply #6 on: April 11, 2018, 11:14:15 AM
Whats hilarious is the random teams im with will stand there and watch myself and maybe one other team member shooting the shit out of the generator and do nothing. ONE BULLET and they would see they could damage it. Its not like its that different from EVERY OTHER forcefield we have been shooting at the last 15 minutes. Waypoint option would be nice but a player's basic common sense/curiosity should win out after a few seconds right?

Karrendaen

• View Profile
Reply #7 on: April 11, 2018, 11:37:48 AM
Never underestimate the lack of common sense of people ...

Black_Adder_

• View Profile
Reply #8 on: April 11, 2018, 11:42:32 AM
I've done that mission with Hans using his "Warm" weapon where 2 of teammates stood next to me watching bubbbles on exact spot where I was shooting at every shield and still they didn't get what's going on. I doubt it can be fixed, some people are idiots by default.
I have also seen a new player get lost at the end of Hanging by a thread when everyone need to teleport away - with all mobs dead, with icon of where to go and yet he still doesn't understand where everyone disappeared and run around aimlesly.