Author Topic: Forcing Antagonist play...  (Read 4257 times)

KahosRayne

• View Profile
Forcing Antagonist play...
on: April 05, 2018, 03:06:18 PM
So first of all, I really enjoy the game, I have sever hundered hours and can't put it down. I don't see that trend continuing unfortunately as they are forcing me to play the game in a way I absolutely despise. Playing as an antagonist is not fun, it's not rewarding and it just lowers my opinion of the game. The matchmaking is a joke and puts me against seal team six that i have no possible chance of beating. But the game makes me torture myself in such a way because so much content is locked if I dont. Because of this I probably won't be playing anymore, which actually makes me sad, but I game to have fun, and forcing me to play as an antagonist is in no way fun.

B30

• I stopped playing
    • View Profile
Re: Forcing Antagonist play...
Reply #1 on: April 05, 2018, 03:53:12 PM
I also thought that this "forcing to play as an Antag" will end with the new update, but it doesn't. Because Antag Affinity is needed to craft certain weapons, you still have to play as an Antag if you like it or not.  :(

Level9Drow

• View Profile
Reply #2 on: April 05, 2018, 06:58:08 PM
You also have to play antag if you don't want to roll against 3 other people for upgrades.

I'll still keep playing, but I just have no choice but to use weapons with Raider affinity only. There's a lot of good weapons I have that will no longer be useful as the inferior weapons that I DON'T use will have Raider affinity.

There's godda be a better way. They seem stuck on the fact that everyone must play antag, or must enjoy it. I'm not sure they realize that not everyone likes playing antag.

My only hope is to be a low MMR antag and get put with a super high team of raiders, then I can AFK at keyboard and do something else while they win, and the difference in MMR will be so great that the rewards will be good anyways.

LordDraco3

• View Profile
Reply #3 on: April 06, 2018, 03:15:23 AM
So first of all, I really enjoy the game, I have sever hundered hours and can't put it down. I don't see that trend continuing unfortunately as they are forcing me to play the game in a way I absolutely despise. Playing as a Raider is not fun, it's not rewarding and it just lowers my opinion of the game. The matchmaking is a joke and puts me against seal team six that i have no possible chance of beating. But the game makes me torture myself in such a way because so much content is locked if I dont. Because of this I probably won't be playing anymore, which actually makes me sad, but I game to have fun, and forcing me to play as an antagonist is in no way fun.
---------------------------------------------------------------

*ahem* fixed ;)
But all kidding aside.... Blueprints can still drop from a loss.
And they set the XP requirement needed to change from Raider to Antag affinity so low, that even losing should give you enough to change it, and a win is a guaranteed change. Last I checked, it only took about 700xp to go Antagonist (for my level, in the mid 30's), and a loss nets 800+xp, not counting boosters.

Power Penguin

• View Profile
Reply #4 on: April 06, 2018, 03:56:38 AM
Maybe if affinity was on a weekly rotation, that way Antagonist would be a nice way of going of getting things you want quickly but not be forced since you could just wait till the next rotation. That's what I think Antagonist should be, it's definitely harder than playing Raider but you'd be able to get to unlock the things you want faster.

KahosRayne

• View Profile
Reply #5 on: April 06, 2018, 07:58:24 AM
I know you can get blueprints and enough xp from a loss, but I actually have to talk myself into queuing for an antagonist match. But since you're right, I'll probably just antag queue and afk until the match is over.

KahosRayne

• View Profile
Reply #6 on: April 06, 2018, 11:58:32 AM
Update: so your beloved "fair, level based matchmaking" managed to put me against four players literally twice my level. This is a f*****g joke. You've effectively ruined this game for me, thanks.

Level9Drow

• View Profile
Reply #7 on: April 06, 2018, 07:20:07 PM
I know you can get blueprints and enough xp from a loss, but I actually have to talk myself into queuing for an antagonist match. But since you're right, I'll probably just antag queue and afk until the match is over.

Yea, that's what I'm going to be forced to do. I mean, this is what they want right? I'm just going to afk for XP so I can upgrade the weapons I like. Playing as antag is so unfun for me it's less stressful and tilting to just afk.

but it makes you ask, why force it? I can't understand this. Why are options a bad thing? Weird.

TheBrentWoody

• View Profile
Reply #8 on: April 06, 2018, 09:18:24 PM
You should be able to buy a pack like an xp boost, but it just turns raider xp to antag xp for a map. 

Level9Drow

• View Profile
Reply #9 on: April 06, 2018, 09:29:08 PM
You should be able to buy a pack like an xp boost, but it just turns raider xp to antag xp for a map.

THIS would be so awesome! Please Uras Berit, make it so.

LordDraco3

• View Profile
Reply #10 on: April 07, 2018, 01:57:25 AM
Put Stigmas back in the game as a currency, spend them to transform your affinity/craft weapons? But keep Aequilibrium as it currently is

Deetsitmeister

• har-at's my boy!
    • View Profile
Reply #11 on: April 08, 2018, 03:53:27 AM
I think Antag should just a game mode choice if you enjoy that.

The characters should be split into antags and raiders. Harec - Raider. Dr.Kuzzman - Antag, (e.g) and just level up independent exp bars. Then you would need to get a certain level with either "faction" to use a weapon and the affinity and A wars would still work.