Author Topic: It's a shame that many content in the game is locked behind Antagonist ranks  (Read 5745 times)

Moragg

• View Profile
I think it is not such a good idea to have guns or even lore entries requiring a currency that can only be earned by playing as the Antagonist.

I guess the choice was made to encourage/force people to play as the Antag if they wanted to see all the content or unlock new weapons for their raider of choice, but despite the mode being interesting, this is clearly not a role every player can fulfill or even excel at (I personally clearly suck at being an Antag and this is not my cup of tea...).

To correct the issue, maybe each Raider could have ONE special gun requiring a certain Antagonist rank. All other guns would only require their blueprints and gold to be crafted.

As for the lore entries, I would suggest that maybe the ones about Uras Beherit require Antagonist ranks (this is fine as it currently is), but all the others would be purchasable by spending gold.

OohSooBig

• View Profile
I agree wapons needs a fix. But disagree on ur solution.
What i suggest is a form of character mastery, for example:
1. Get the blueprint.
2. Achieve a certain milestone  ( kill a certain no. of enemies,captains,ect..) or complete a certain no. of objectives. Or do the previous milestones with a certain gun equipped to unlock the new one.

As for the lore. It should not be locked at all. Except if u must make it cost a nominal fee.
Example for character lore > character points
Faction lore > faction points
World lore > gold
Should cost at max 100~200. Otherwise ppl would completely ignore it and think i would rather spend my money on weapons/ cards, and F the lore.

By this u remove need for antagonist system as a must play to enjoy the rest of the game.
As for why should ppl play as or against antag. Simply make it an optional mode that on top of the old regular rewards it rewards u with mercury points for both raiders and antagonist.
As most ppl think it's not fair and offensive to have to pay the game and the cosmetics separately. 🤗 problems fixed ur all welcome.
« Last Edit: December 05, 2017, 12:45:30 PM by MSE_KarenHB »

Moragg

• View Profile
Good points!
I totally agree with what you are suggesting :)

Adrian_123

• View Profile
The game is not about earning points or upgrades. This is all about "EGO" and exhibitionism.

Being top number 1 antagonist and humiliate and bully the noobs!

OohSooBig

• View Profile
The game is not about earning points or upgrades. This is all about "EGO" and exhibitionism.

U clearly don't like the forced antagonist system. An i assume u agree with what i said. So let's keep this topic alive n get the devs to notice 😊

Adrian_123

• View Profile

U clearly don't like the forced antagonist system. An i assume u agree with what i said. So let's keep this topic alive n get the devs to notice 😊

My post was completely serious...

BrusLi

• View Profile
I got to agree that Antagonist Ranks needed for weapons is killing it for me.
As a newbie I find it annoying to say the least.
I really want to give this game  a chance,it's so freaking cool,characters,setting,universe..except for irrational grind for weapons.
I wished to purchase campaigns but was put off by antagonist rank..like..why??
Until its fixed  and until we can craft weapons without being forced to play certain mode,that aint that great,my money wont be invested for the time being :(

Eliakin

• View Profile
Since its launch many players have asked for it, but I think they prefer to ignore, force the player to enter a PvP mode, where the game itself has no dedicated servers, it is quite difficult to be a well balanced "pvp".

MSE_Hellath

• PR Manager
  • MercurySteam
    • View Profile
Hey all,

Thanks for the feedback. No, we are not ignoring it. Quite the contrary, actually. We totally understand your concerns about the Antagonist role, and we are working on significant changes on it along with many other adjustments, redesigns and total overhauls for the progression system.

Bear in mind the Antagonist's role is embedded into the core concept of the game. Thus, changing it (among many, many other things) while working on the new campaigns and other content is being a monumental task, requiring all our production resources and not little time.

Personally, I enjoy playing as the Antagonist, but I share many of your opinions. I reckon you'll be gladly surprised when the big update arrives.

Thanks for being constructive about the game. Please, keep it up!

B30

• I stopped playing
    • View Profile
Hey all,

Thanks for the feedback. No, we are not ignoring it. Quite the contrary, actually. We totally understand your concerns about the Antagonist role, and we are working on significant changes on it along with many other adjustments, redesigns and total overhauls for the progression system.

Bear in mind the Antagonist's role is embedded into the core concept of the game. Thus, changing it (among many, many other things) while working on the new campaigns and other content is being a monumental task, requiring all our production resources and not little time.

Personally, I enjoy playing as the Antagonist, but I share many of your opinions. I reckon you'll be gladly surprised when the big update arrives.

After a long absence, I recently started playing again and now I read this - this is great news and I'm looking towards the big update.  :)

Level9Drow

• View Profile
Hey all,

Can I make a STRONG suggestion? Don't lock weapons behind Stigma/Antag ranks. You have to understand that many players, like me, DON'T like trolling or bullying others in games and the antag system doesn't appeal to us. I feel forced to play this unpleasant mode as I want to improve the weapons of the raiders I like. When I lose a game as an antag, I feel angry, resentful and like I wasted my time since I literally received NOTHING. When I "win" as an antag I fell horrible, cruel and like a bully who was forced to ruin the fun for, let's face it, new players. But if I don't play as antag, I don't get new weapons, weapons vital to fight against antags who have them. Superior weapons, mind you.

Question, if this game mode is not fun for players what should they do? Do they leave the game? Do they simply accept that people who delight in ruining the fun of others are the only ones who will receive the weapon upgrades? Is this ok to you? Do you, as a developer who is interested in the longevity and success of their product, believe that new players being routinely harvested in Hanging by a Thread by antags is a good thing? You realize this is turning new players away from the game, don't you?

Make antag an optional way to play the game, not a mandatory way you eventually HAVE to. Many of us were drawn to this game because we miss games that have campaign modes and PvE. Too many games focus on PvP and it gets tiring. But if you HAVE to keep the antag system, which I suspect you do as it is a core function of the game, do not lock weapons behind it. And for Christ's sake keep antags out of Hanging by a Thread for new players, this is suicide for your game.

Deetsitmeister

• har-at's my boy!
    • View Profile
I personally LOVE weapon challenges in games, it's just something satisfying about using a weapon, completing a challenge then getting a "thing" for it.